Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Rifaran
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Summon Skill upgrade suggestion.

why do we only get summon skill ups from summoning and using blood pacts, why don't we get summon skills from everything involving the summon, we should get summon skillups from telling the summon to attack or such.
    (1)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    try RoE papers also
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

We should get summoning skillups from the avatar performing regular attacks at a low chance, and skillups from BP abilities at a high chance.
    (2)

That is true it IS kinda wrong to only get skillups for just summoning and not all summoner actions.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

You don't get it from just summoning, you also get it from BPs.
    (0)

But technically all summoning acts should make the skill go up right? I mean the avatar uses mp constantly while it's out so everything they do should make your skill go up, if they had done it from the start summoners probably wouldn't have had to do summoner burn parties...ah who am I kidding? They probably still would have.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Player
    I agree the avatar auto attack should also increase skillups, if a puppetmaster auto can get skillups from just basic actions why can't avatars.
    (3)

Character
    Rifaran
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    I agree the avatar auto attack should also increase skillups, if a puppetmaster auto can get skillups from just basic actions why can't avatars.
    yeah if puppetmaster can get it, why can't summoner? that's what I mean.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    If you're going to toss in a comparison to PUP, note that PUP needs three different skills to function, versus your one for SMN. Let us also consider a few points:

Automaton Melee skill determines physical accuracy. Your Avatar can hit even at 0 Summoning Skill. A PUP auto with level 0 Melee can hit the level -1~1 monsters, at best.

Automaton Magic skill determines what the Automaton can cast as well as its accuracy. Your Avatar is only dependent on SMN level to learn new abilities, though your M.Acc does indeed depend on your summoning skill. Oh, and guess what, we have to cast spells to get this, rather than auto-attacking.

Automaton Ranged skill, again, determines accuracy for ranged hits. Once more, we need skill to land any hits period. You're complaining you can't auto-attack to get skill that's only for your BP? PUP has to get skill to do ANYTHING with their auto, from casting spells to landing hits, to learning weapon skills.

Oh, and let's not mention that your PUP has to level their own skills as well for offensive combat. Unlike the majority of SMNs, who tend to stand in the backline (I give props to those melee SMNs who do so when it's effective and doesn't get them slaughtered), PUP is usually up in the front line, meaning you want your Hand-to-Hand and possibly Guard skill capped depending on if you're solo or in a group, as well as what auto you're using. So that's 4-5 skills to your 1 to make a job effective. Sure, you have to use BPs for it, or summon... oh, and let's not forget the Records of Eminence skill manuals. Which PUP doesn't get.

So please don't make a comparison that's apples to oranges. SMN's got it fairly easy compared to that particular pet job.
    (4)
    Last edited by Kensagaku; 03-16-2014 at 12:37 AM.
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Ah which is why I didn't compare it TO puppetmaster, they skill up entirely different and if you want to argue how easy/hard it is then maybe try asking for puppetmaster to have a better way to skill up, eh? You know...kinda like what the op is doing for summoner?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast