Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

[dev1187] Campaign Adjustments - Discussion

-.- seriously? Ok i would like to point out this content was really ruined this from the moment this was brought out back in 2007.

We use to be able to get skill ups from campaign from wall whacking which was unbalanced to begin with. Right then and there, we should have seen the skill ups being implemented. Instead got taken out of campaign in general.

Then lets not forget the thousands of bards/mages that got power-leveled by players sitting in the campaign zones and do nothing but play their songs and cast their enhancing magic spells. That was gimped and in the process gimped anyone from ever doing campaign when the mobs had control of the zone.

Now Square-Enix wants to bring back the skill ups. This should have been done years ago when people ACTUALLY did campaign... not 7 years later when people don't do it anymore...

The rate increase between the Altana Forces and the Beastmen should have been "increased/decreased when enemy force influence increases/decreases, at a greater rate than previously" when abyssea came out... not 4 years later...

This stuff may bring back some people to doing it. But unless you give 99 content rewards w/ a new medal rank, this is pretty much pointless to do and not many people will care for this, even the players who can't play in adoulin zones.
    (2)

I'm one of the few players that still cares about Campaign, so I really hope they change Campaign ops and credits too like I say in this thread.
    (2)

Player
    Um. There's also one problem with what's been announced.

First, what Camate said a week ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Adjustments to the rise and fall of area influence
    We will be raising the amount area influence is increased when the allied forces win a campaign battle. Additionally, we'll be lowering the amount area influence is decreased when the allied forces lose a campaign battle.
    Now go look at the announcement:

When defeated:
    Influence will decrease, and enemy force influence will increase, at a greater rate than previously.
    Isn't that the exact opposite of what Camate said would happen? Is the announcement correct (PLEASE GOD NO) or was Camate right the first time?
    (1)

Character
    Kiroo
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    My question is has this already been implemented or is it coming??? The thread they made sounds like its been an implemented change
    (0)
    I walk with winds; touched by many held by none, seek me in true thought and I will be there.

5. 03-07-2014 07:45 AM

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'm not saying this is a bad thing to do. But I AM saying this should have been done like ages ago.

Square-Enix has totally waited too long to a point to do these things too late when they should have done all of this stuff when it was still a thing where your majority of player base was doing campaign.

It's the same thing w/ cait sith. Square-Enix wouldnt have done a single thing to bringing out cait sith if a post like this 1 here never came up. Tho it was kinda stupid to bringing out the trust spells which seemed to only took months to do vs. 1 avatar that took almost over 5 years to bring out.

@MDenham: Actually the 2nd announcement sounds more balanced than what the Community Representative said was going to happen in the first post.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ladynamine; 03-07-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladynamine View Post
    @MDenham: Actually the 2nd announcement sounds more balanced than what the Community Representative said was going to happen in the first post.
    Forgive me for saying this, but "balanced" in this case is equivalent to "stupid". The "unbalanced" setup where - left to the vagaries of nobody going into the past - zones are essentially a coin flip, and with people showing up (even just one alliance or so) it tips in the Allied force's favor significantly... that's more appropriate to the current state of things where nobody's bothering with it.

And that was part of the problem with the whole Campaign system to begin with: it needed a significant (~5-10%) portion of the server to be doing it just to push things into "coin flip" territory. At this point it needs fewer people - one competent person can hold their own against any of the beastman divisions - but that still means it takes a fair number of people to push things to where the rarer ops (Plucking Wings &c.) can be done.

But that's beside the point, because the second announcement is actually less balanced in the low-activity state for Campaign. It means we may actually see if it's possible for the nations to lose every territory including the city on most servers as a result of the increased penalty for inactivity.

EDIT: And it looks like Camate was right and the second announcement was wrong, according to the chart of things planned for the update that was posted earlier today.
    (3)
    Last edited by MDenham; 03-08-2014 at 02:32 AM.

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MDenham View Post
    Forgive me for saying this, but "balanced" in this case is equivalent to "stupid". The "unbalanced" setup where - left to the vagaries of nobody going into the past - zones are essentially a coin flip, and with people showing up (even just one alliance or so) it tips in the Allied force's favor significantly... that's more appropriate to the current state of things where nobody's bothering with it.

And that was part of the problem with the whole Campaign system to begin with: it needed a significant (~5-10%) portion of the server to be doing it just to push things into "coin flip" territory. At this point it needs fewer people - one competent person can hold their own against any of the beastman divisions - but that still means it takes a fair number of people to push things to where the rarer ops (Plucking Wings &c.) can be done.

But that's beside the point, because the second announcement is actually less balanced in the low-activity state for Campaign. It means we may actually see if it's possible for the nations to lose every territory including the city on most servers as a result of the increased penalty for inactivity.

EDIT: And it looks like Camate was right and the second announcement was wrong, according to the chart of things planned for the update that was posted earlier today.
    Forgiven cus i now just re-read what was said. forgive my ignorance on that. but its still stupid they waited 5 years to do this adjustment.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ladynamine; 03-08-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    are you joking Camate? cmon!

there ar tons of Threads how to make Campaign Battle nice you cant tell me you didn saw one of them anyways my question is....

CAN WE HAVE MORE CAMPAIGN OPS YES?

the influence increase/decrease is nothing compared to a Nation which gains a much better Boost from Campaign OPs

Smokescreen = Increases Influence on Beastmen Area's
    Aegisscream = Increases Influence on Nation Area's

so what should i do with my 7 Campaign OPs til Tally = Reset OPs deepend on the Battle Strategies

i would like to Spam more OPs for more Boosts like

Pit Spider & Granite Rose to decrease the Beastmenboosts or Streetsweeper which increases the Prosperity LVL

and which is a lot more important is pls add finally a Guide how to increase Funds or give us more ways to GAIN FUNDING its not fair all the Beastmen have this Capped @10 Stars
    (0)

Character
    Hohito
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think this was a good idea. I play solo, and most of the time when I am switching jobs say from BLM to SCH, I need to go out and practice a little so i get the hang of the job again. Allowing skillups is a great way finally have a reason to do Campaign. I also like to use my fellow a lot so that's just another reason to go to the past and find places to level her up THERE. Good job.

what I want from campaign?

1.) Less lag

2.) More drops

3.) Refresh TWO mp/tick

4.) Another level added past the final badge with new set of gear to buy. Say level 99, /equip for MAB, niche, gear.
    (1)
    Hohito
    Windurst/Shiva
    JOB MASTER SMN Su2 PLD DRK BRD NIN

Character
    Paridise
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    If you look at the whole picture, its not just CB (Campiagn Battle) its every part of the game, most players want it all upgraded to the new system of ilevel, any player that started in 2003, 04, 05, 06 that still plays the game like myself, wants sky, sea and forward upgraded, but lets face it,, SE took how long to do AF and few month after to do Relic, its going to take a while to get EMPY, this is not a short quick fix. Yep it should have been done years ago but SE looks at the New items and not the OLD things we worked hard for, thus mostly helping new player then working to keep the starting players.
    (0)
    Paridise
    BYE BYE Carbuncle Hello New World
    99 ALL JOBS
    2100 BLM SCH BLU SMN RDM COR

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast