Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    Logically, not matter how convenient all other forms of XP are, there must be progression. Leveling on level 80 worms or any content similar to that shouldn't be continued for content created for progression above 99.
    This is fair, but then the burden lies with the developer to provide suitable camps that encourage and support the play style and progression they want.
    (7)

Character
    Lyandra
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaraixx View Post
    That is because you are looking at the wrong post.
    I was going to post my take on the Abyssea exclusion subjectivity, but Camate did confirm the sad news. Even if there was a penalty in the amount of Capacitance™ earned in Abyssea, it would have been nice to get at least some form of credit while farming mobs or killing NMs there.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    As capacity points can only be earned while on a job that is level 99 and through defeating monsters that are level 96 and above, capacity points cannot be earned while level synced.
    I like this limitation, given how Abyssea zones were designed around gradually increasing level caps, probably only "Heroes" zones would have counted towards earning points at best, if it were allowed of course. And it knocks some regular areas out, so at least people won't be crowding Zeruhn Mines or The Boyahda Tree like they have been in the past. (Experience points party behind the Moon Gate? Count me in!)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    As some have already mentioned, it will not be possible to earn capacity points in Abyssea. In the March version update it will not be possible to earn capacity points from Records of Eminence; however, we will be looking into addressing this in the future.
    As I mentioned above, I figured "award EXP" from RoE, GoV, FoV and such wouldn't (and shouldn't) apply towards capacity points, since the bonus EXP itself isn't actually earned from killing monsters. If they do address it, then hopefully only the Eminence trials from the Seekers zones will count, since they're completed by specifically killing capacity-qualifying monsters.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    This is fair, but then the burden lies with the developer to provide suitable camps that encourage and support the play style and progression they want.
    I wonder how many viable camps there actually are in Adoulin areas? I know I haven't hit every single nook and cranny, but as is it doesn't really look that promising. I know there are level 96+ monsters shoehorned into some of the older areas, but most of those I've seen don't seem that great. Is there an equivalent to Mamool Ja Staging point or Colibri camp other than maybe the area with frogs and pugs in Marjami Ravine? Where's the obligatory crab area? (Not that anyone would actually tell where their super double top secret XP camps are)
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    yes, leveling in abyssea on worm are a different function than an actual alliance. however. your job role is not.

your priority is to save players and enhance them with haste and in this case removing rasp. people are doing well and topped off and you want to engage. sure why not. once in a while wont hurt anyone.

just dont sit there and tell me having a different leveling method that requires attention and use of job skill is a bad thing.
    You're the one telling me that having a different leveling method is a bad thing, when soloing on WHM requires paying a lot more attention to things and being on top of most of the skills you'd need in an event than being in EXP parties has since people stopped leveling in Onzozo on Toramas.
    (1)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Can you tell us what the reasoning is for this? I mean, I and others can speculate but it'd be nice to know where the devs are actually coming from.
    I suspect it has something to do with the way experience is earned in abyssea. I think they've mentioned in the past that the way the battle system is set up in those is different than the rest of the game. Likely the same reason mob/family kills for RoE don't register while in abyssea either.
    (1)

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    In my opinion, anything to encourage people to leave those horribly mind numbing worm parties is huge improvement. With that said, I'm sure that it just means hordes of 99s are going to start doing book burns on 95+ mobs instead of aby worms. Or maybe reives if capacity points work there. That'll leave just lowbies doing the aby parties, which will slow down the exp considerably without 99s one shotting everything. So that probably means people will start doing bostineaux Ouiblette book burns again, if it turns out to be faster. Not that it's any more fun than the stinking worm parties >.>
    (2)

That's why I earlier suggested for it to be doable in abyssea, but reduce the amount of job points you get compared to how much exp they give, perhaps to something like 1/4th. This way, people can join to cap merits, then transition to gaining job points before leaving the party, and boost lower level characters in the process.

Of course, it would also have to be on lv96 or higher enemies, so worms will be out of the question as they cap at 92 or something. Perhaps sand sweepers or bluffaloes would be high enough level.

If this isn't done, they need to introduce more easily obtainable gear for the stretch between lv50 and lv99. Currently, there is no gear obtainable from RoE for that level range, and you can't realistically expect newbies to fight in abyssea with lv50 weapons. The auction house is mostly empty for that level range as well, and even if there are some weapons and armor available, that might not even be something that's suitable for your job.

RoE needs at the very least lv 60, 70, 80 and 90 weapons for all the jobs, as well as some armor for lv60-lv70 that people can use in their maat fight, and until they reach 78 and can wear the abyssea cruor stuff. That'll *probably* be fine to wear until they can use eminent armor. With a level 90 weapon, they can also kill the abyssea enemies reasonably fast, even if there isn't a lot of lv99s around.

Also, they need access to a few of the atmas, like we were given in teh abyssea extravaganza a while ago. I'm proposing a miniquest that can let you acquire 4 atmas from a choice of the 15 most common ones. The quest could use some items gained by records of eminence, perhaps?

Make some flavor text like "so many adventurers have used these atmas that we're starting to feel their prescense in the very air that surrounds us. If I only had SuperduperItem (which you get with sparks), I could probably capture and condense it in order to infuse you with it.

-edit-
    OR! Instead of adding more weapons and armor to Eminence, you can lower the CP requirements for the various ranks, and add some weapons to that. Whatever weapons that are available at rank 7+ is mostly unrealistic for lv70+ guys to get a hold of because rank 7 costs twice as much CP as they have at that point.

In fact, I think all the CP rank tiers should be looked into. As there are 10 ranks, and 99 levels, it seems to me like it would be perfect to have weapons and armor for each 10 levels available for each rank. Rank 7 should offer lv70+ gear, rank 8 80+ gear, and of course rank 9 90+ gear. Between the three nations, weapons and armor for *every* job should be available, not "almost every job", but actually every job.

As you can see from this list: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Wi...t_Points_Items (nation chosen entirely on random, no bias towards my first nation whatsoever, no sir!)

it progresses like I suggest from rank 1 to 5, but after that it starts to slow down. Furthermore, the number of different weapons goes down as well. Rework rank 6-10 items so that all currently lv75 items end up at rank 7, and add a few more weapon types. After that, cut CP cost for all ranks by 25-50%. There's the leveling gear newbies need. Just remember to teach the newbies to always put on signet. Mention it in a RoE quest or something, under the tutorial category.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mirage; 03-08-2014 at 09:10 PM.

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Peepiopi View Post
    In my opinion, anything to encourage people to leave those horribly mind numbing worm parties is huge improvement. With that said, I'm sure that it just means hordes of 99s are going to start doing book burns on 95+ mobs instead of aby worms. Or maybe reives if capacity points work there. That'll leave just lowbies doing the aby parties, which will slow down the exp considerably without 99s one shotting everything. So that probably means people will start doing bostineaux Ouiblette book burns again, if it turns out to be faster. Not that it's any more fun than the stinking worm parties >.>
    What exactly is less "mind numbing" about killing EXP mobs in Adoulin than killing EXP mobs in Abyssea?
    (2)

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    The system honestly sounds absolutely horrible for people who want JP for less popular jobs. Remember during ToAU, when you were a drg, bst, pup, pld, blm, or sch you could at least console yourself with the thought you could cap merits by whoring out your rdm or brd?

That won't happen this time around. If you love your job, have fun waiting hours for an invite or trying to build parties when everyone you ask "What jobs do have so far?" and when you answer "lesspopularjob" get the reply of "lol" or complete silence thereafter. And woe to all those party leaders who don't choose the super-perfect maximally optimal ginormous JP camp, woe!

I think people have forgotten how much building merit parties actually sucked. Combine the suckage of building six-man parties with the suckage of a system where you can't even transfer points between jobs and you have system of super suckage.

What were they thinking?
    (3)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldersyde View Post
    What were they thinking?
    As usual they ignore past history and human nature when implementing content. Just when you think they'd learned their lesson by implementing point systems and the like, they backslide hard for no apparent reason.
    (4)

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast