does that mean cor will get 4 rolls?
    (0)

Character
    Gannon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Will that mean that COR and GEO will be getting some form of real Haste (not that delay reduction stuff that reduces tp gain)?
    (4)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    They promised nothing.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think it would be good if you could have:
    1 support luopan
    1 enfeebling luopan
    1 support indi-spell
    1 enfeebling indi-spell

at the same time.
    (5)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    That's good to hear on luopan defense. I hope it's at least 50% -Damage Taken, if not more. A good step in the right direction, however Geomancer needs more than equipment increasing geomancy potency to catch up to Bard, or even Corsair.

Geomancer buffs and debuffs are potent. However they are:
    • Difficult to move around. You will lose the enhanced effects once you have to move the luopan.
    • You only get two effects total.
    • Enhancements to luopans on high recast timers.

They could double the potency of all of them and it still wouldn't merit a spot in a 6 man group compared to a Corsair or Bard. Geomancer doesn't have to be those exact classes but it does need to be comparative.

Beyond luopan damage, which I reserve to wait and see how much -Damage Taken is added. The biggest issue with Geomancer is lack of utility through the severely limited amount of spells it can use in rotation. The bread and butter of any support class in any type of RPG is how flexible and useful it is for different scenarios.

Currently, Geomancer is like a Bard with permanent Soul Voice, but can only sing 2 songs total. No Marches. No single target songs. Has nice debuffs which can't be dispelled, but regular attacks and moving lower the songs duration.

I'm of course not accounting for everything a Geomancer can do but looking at it from a purely desirable support standpoint, It's about all there is. They need the ability to have more than 2 effects active in some way shape or form. If not through luopans, then something.
    (9)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    An increase in the damage reduction trait Luopans naturally possess will be wonderful; I just hope it's fairly potent.

I still get a little flustered at the thought of them adding more Luopan DT- gear. I just feel like it fosters this idea that Geo should just cast their Luopans and then immediately idle in Refresh/Luopan DT- gear until their Luopan gets destroyed and repeat the process over and over, with minimal Luopan JA use in between casts. Personally I find this problematic because Geo is capable of doing so much more than just that, and that kind of lackluster play style bores me to tears.

It would be neat if Luopan DT- gear could be used when you cast your Luopan but then later taken off, while your Luopan still receives the benefit of the DT- gear. So for example, casting your Luopan with the new bell, Dunna (which possesses Luopan Damage Taken -5%), would mean that the Luopan would continue to have that Damage Taken -5% in effect until the Luopan dies, is Full Circle'd, or its timer goes up even if the Geo takes off that Dunna bell.
    (2)

Character
    Komby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    [QUOTE]does that mean cor will get 4 rolls?[QUOTE]

3rd roll should be cool also increase roll duration to 1 min extra, long time ago they talk about let cor get 3rd roll with the new SP then they changed their mind and give us this terrible cutting cards SP, why not remake it, dont see ppl using this SP and 3rd roll should be something cool, geomacers are debuffers and i think that is way how tehy should be
    (0)

Character
    Komby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    make more potent cor roll effect about 1/2 extra about current values
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    the potency and number of buffs dont matter, as long as COR and GEO dont get any form of magical haste buff in forms of rolls and indi-spells there is NO WAY in compeating against a bard, EVER. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND FOR DEVs!
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    the potency and number of buffs dont matter, as long as COR and GEO dont get any form of magical haste buff in forms of rolls and indi-spells there is NO WAY in compeating against a bard, EVER. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND FOR DEVs!
    They do understand they were looking at adding a geomancy base haste spell, but we already are underperformers when it comes to providing multiple effects so we definitely need some way to provide another geomancy spell to atleast allow us to use 3 geomancy spells. I don't think this should be accomplished by gear because its a downfall of the job.
    (0)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast