Dev. Posts

Threaded View

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Bards can have more effects up at once, can shift between them far easier, and they have the most potent effects.

In comparison, COR rolls can be annoying to roll over and over, and even when you get them perfect they're still not as strong (The closest thing to haste COR has is Blitzer's roll, which is weaker than Victory March and also reduces TP gain).
    GEO offers a somewhat unique ability of reducing DEF, and they can play support even if they're not in your DPS group (you can stick them in a tank group and still have frailty etc)

While the two above jobs also hold a variety of special buffs for ranged and magic DPS, the problem is that both those are rather undervalued (Well, maybe not RNG, but it's still pretty specific instances). Those two are the jobs that still get invited, though:

DNC adjustments have already been announced and I'll wait to see what they do. Buffing up quickstep and boxstep may help out quite nicely (please remove the 5% miss rate on steps if possible, its annoying), possibly buff haste samba.
    RDM has lost a great deal of its supportive MP battery function because of infinite MP, please give them some new unique spells. AoE Temper would be fantastic, for instance. Some whispers of Haste II came from the devs a long while back and while I think it's kind of a lame way to make them relevant again, I suppose it'd be better than nothing (it'd also make them another potential "outside-the-party" buffer) Giving them more support options again would make them a true hybrid mage again, and I'd love to see that. (And if I may put my flamesuit on you could even attach them to an enspell if that's what gets you giddy, but that kinda overlaps with what DNC does).
    SMN isn't even worth mentioning, Avatar's Favor needs a really big reworking in order to be useful, and their Wards could use a bit of help too. SMN absolutely needs the most help out of all the jobs that can be considered support.

SCH isn't really considered a support but I'll mention it anyway- I would really love it if you guys unborked helix spells and Modus Veritas. The minute stunspamming doesn't work nobody will look for SCHs anymore.
    (7)
    Last edited by Kincard; 03-11-2014 at 02:31 PM.