Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    I think this armor argument is a bit of a derail, as this thread was about making support jobs other than bard better at their main role, which is support.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Gonna bump this on to the top for you Camate. ;P Give us the word on that massive Geo post, and what Idris' +10 Geomancy Skill really is purty please.
    (0)

Greetings!

I’d like to give you all an overview of what we have planned in regards to geomancer adjustments, only (and I do mean only) because Malithar bumped the thread! (Of course I'm kidding and would have shared the information with everyone regardless!)
    • Adjustments to geomancy effects
      Just as how songs are enhanced with instruments, we’ll be making it so that geomancy effects are boosted by adding stats that will increase the effects of geomancy to certain equipment.

The geomancer ergon weapon “Idris” has this type of effect, but in the June version update we will be adding other equipment that boosts the effects of geomancy.

(Idris has “Geomancy skill + 10”, but this doesn’t add 10 skill to your geomancy skill, it actually boosts the stats of geomancy spells.)

• Luopan durability
      In the May version update we boosted the damage reduction trait of luopans, but in addition to this we will be adding equipment that will further reduce the damage luopans receive in the future.

• Additional magic
      While this is a bit in the future, we will be adding new geomancy spells that have support effects for physical attacks.
    (8)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I just hope that "support effects for physical attacks" new geomancy spells is Haste. Just regular ol' Haste. No -delay. COR's Blitzer's Roll is never used. Tell the development team to loosen their vice grip on Haste in general. The only two forms of AoE Haste is a support job accessible Blood Pact and Marches. I don't think it'll destroy either job if other jobs get access via other methods like a Hastega scroll, Accession + Haste, Blitzer's Roll changed to Haste and Geomancy Haste.
    (3)

"Only because Malithar..."

—Camate - 2014
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    But if you are posting because Malithar bumped the threading asking what Idris did exactly how come you didn't tell us what it did just what it didn't do
    (1)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    I just hope that "support effects for physical attacks" new geomancy spells is Haste. Just regular ol' Haste. No -delay. COR's Blitzer's Roll is never used. Tell the development team to loosen their vice grip on Haste in general. The only two forms of AoE Haste is a support job accessible Blood Pact and Marches. I don't think it'll destroy either job if other jobs get access via other methods like a Hastega scroll, Accession + Haste, Blitzer's Roll changed to Haste and Geomancy Haste.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Haste, but I also wouldn't mind them doing other buffs for physical attacks as long as they are potent and don't have drawbacks.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    COR's Blitzer's Roll is never used.
    True.
    But this is because it has a negative impact on TP gain.
    We're getting the TPgain formula adjusted in June, they *might* make it so stuff like Blitzer's Roll becomes a viable option again.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Actually there is also diffusioned blu spells, but your point still sticks! What about indi-regain? If it actually gave decent regain it might be more useful than haste since haste does have a cap... then you could have geo and bard in a party.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    But if you are posting because Malithar bumped the threading asking what Idris did exactly how come you didn't tell us what it did just what it didn't do
    He says it boosts spells like Bard's instruments. Can infer from that. If +10 acts the same as it would on a bard instrument mythic GEO's refresh would actually be very nice - maybe worthwhile to stick one in a mage party of an alliance (ha ha ha that assumes mages would be useful for content!)

Still though, sad that a GEO would have to get a mythic to better (at refresh) than a semi-decent bard with AF3, the JSE harp, and the harp from a T2 abyssea VNM. Granted they would also be faster at it...

But still, devs should consider, a bard can get +12 refresh without anything harder to get than the JSE instrument.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 06-05-2014 at 01:09 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Please call it "Geomancy Effect +10" instead of "Geomancy Skill +10".
    (2)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast