Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I hate to say it but really since it's only really 3 enhancement jobs (calling them enhancement jobs not support jobs) They really shouldn't be having such a problem making them good. They should give them all a way to erm "naturally" have 3 or maybe even 4 enhancements up, I mean geomancer really shouldn't be limited at all on how many loupans it can cast and like people said have it either follow the enemy and follow either the person or follow the caster at least. I also kinda, kinda thought that corsair should somehow be able to...skill...up...rolls? But to do that they would need...to...put...in...a...hmmm...luck attribute. Yes an actual luck attribute I know this won't go over well because it will mainly benefit just corsair, thief and blue mage but if they have these types of jobs they actually do need to have a luck attribute. Unless there IS a luck attribute and it's just not, ah, listed in which case, start. AND let us increase it as we level up not go wishy-washy on us and put it on gear "set xio mio gear 2% luck up"
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Greetings,

I just wanted to share some more adjustments that are on the horizon for both corsair and geomancer when it comes to elemental magic.

Directly adjusting the damage output of elemental magic is somewhat difficult at the moment because with the right equipment there is potential to deal an extremely high amount of damage. As such, we would like to address this through support effects.

First for corsair, we realize it’s difficult to use certain rolls at high level and the team is currently looking into adjusting the effect values, which would include both Wizard’s Roll and Warlock’s Roll.

As geomancer’s support effects depend on the level of your skill, we are planning to add more equipment moving forward to increase your skill level further and thus boosting the effect of their support.
    (8)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Will the skill increase also affect our other spells? I would really love it if GEO was capable of providing a 6MP/Tick refresh.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    Will the skill increase also affect our other spells? I would really love it if GEO was capable of providing a 6MP/Tick refresh.
    I'm sure you know this and are just compromising, but even 9mp/tick would not warrant having a GEO in non-alliance content. Skill increase is not the solution.

Let's just say this change happened and Geo-Refresh is super strong. There are still very, very few times when Geo/Indi-Refresh is the spell you want to keep up, unless your alliance just stands around for 5 minutes in between every NM/mob kill and your casters can't manage their MP at all. A second debuff or Indi-Focus for your stunners is almost always more useful (especially if they use Apamajas for stun recast, which lacks ilvl +Magic Acc). Higher skill that gives stronger spells will keep GEO in exactly the same rut that it's in now... Why are the devs focusing on buff potency when buff quantity, efficiency (i.e. luopan mechanics), and variety are the real problems?

Also, if what they plan is similar to what they did with Perfect Defense (lol600 summoning skill) and Embrava (but in this case, a combined Handbell/Geomancy skill of 1000), they might as well not bother.
    (4)

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AppropriateName5786 View Post
    Why are the devs focusing on buff potency when buff quantity, efficiency (i.e. luopan mechanics), and variety are the real problems?
    It really makes you question how much they're actually paying attention to player activity statistics huh? Because otherwise they'd probably know that the biggest problem that geomancers face is loupon survivability. You have geo spells that cost 200mp+ that die after 5 seconds because of AoE spam, and that severely reduces the geomancer's effectiveness (and available mp).

Just the same with all other pet jobs. Why can't they do what wow did back in WoLK and make it so that pets take like 90% less damage from AoE? It would fix a big problem not only for Geomancer, but pup, bst, and smn too.
    (4)

Player
    The solution to GEO is really simple allow us to cast 2 luopans, and like you said peepiopi give them a ton of damage reduction, I would also love for them to adjust the MP cost of the geomancy spells; however, that's something that we can live with.
    (3)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Peepiopi View Post
    Just the same with all other pet jobs. Why can't they do what wow did back in WoLK and make it so that pets take like 90% less damage from AoE? It would fix a big problem not only for Geomancer, but pup, bst, and smn too.
    I completely agree with this. It wouldn't even be overpowered if they make it so it only works as long as the pet isn't the prime target of the area of effect attack.

I also agree that buff potency is nice but is not the main issue with Geomancer. Luopan survivability, maintaining support with most of the current content being high movement, and lack of utility (only being able to provide two effects total). I agree that 2 luopans would make more sense and just require things like Life Cycle and Full Circle to target the luopan instead of yourself.

I think it would be nice if we could stack same element spells on a single luopan. Like using Geo-Frailty, then targeting the luopan you can cast Geo-Voidance onto it. Adding spells would increase the deterioration of the luopan and make it more interesting of a mechanic/strategy. Adding +skill and +buff/debuff gear is great but also adding more gear that slows the deterioration of luopans, akin to Summoner's ability to remove the penalty of perpetuation with enough gear/abilities.
    (1)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    Hmm wouldn't there be an issue with two Luopans due to the fact they use the pet slot? You can only have 1 pet at any given time.

I think the best GEO will get is multiple effects on the same Luopan as it doesn't require major coding. Or an ability that allows GEO to cast an Indi spell on another player.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    There are ways to get around the single pet slot though. Course the job combos to do that are not very effective.
    (0)

Hello, geomancers.

Based on the feedback we have been receiving as well as the conditions we have been seeing in end-game content, we will be increasing the damage reduction trait of luopans in the May version update.

In the future, we will also be adding equipment to boost this damage reduction further and we feel these plans will help solve the issue where luopans are destroyed quickly during battles in end-game content.

The development team has also begun to look into other equipment that will increase the effects of geomancy and Phantom Roll, so that both geomancer and corsair can catch up to bard.
    (19)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast