Player

Anyone out there?

Whoa it seems like all the worlds are dead now. Are there any players left that still enjoy this game as much as I do? Better question are there any players left period?
    (0)

Player
    As humorous as it would be to leave this post unreplied to, and give that really desolate feel to the whole thing, nah, there's still a good amount of players playing, could we use more? To be sure, XI's numbers are definitely down from where they were a year ago, but we're hardly circling the drain or anything.
    (0)

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    There are people still playing trust us on that.
    (0)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Yes I'm here
    (0)

Player
    lol i see that. im looking for a linkshell if anyone has a spot open
    (0)

6. 03-07-2014 01:42 AM

Character
    Ibhalliwell
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Billnes View Post
    Hi there.

I'm a 43 year-old player, on Ragnarok server. I've been playing since 01-MAR-2013. However, I'm in no way a good player... I've been learning disabled all my life & I've been basically using the FFXI Wiki or Bluegatr for everything. Like most other noobs & nerfed players, I go away for weeks at a time because of burnout. I really don't see any problem with this, since I do have an Adventure Fellow & Trust NPC's..

Unlike other players, because of my LD, I haven't done my 70 level-break yet (Maat fight). Even with the cap in place, I'm still enjoying some of the things like the non-combat missions that people without learning disabilities would find stupid or a waste of time.... Fortunately, for me, I belong to a casual/social LS with a really understanding and tolerant leader that has given me a lot of help.

Take good care,
    Bill N. - Long Island, New York
    Hello Bill! :-)

You sound in some ways a lot like my Son. He also has disabilities and is in his 40's. We started playing FFXI in March 2004 with the release of the PS2 version and now we're using the Windows version, as well as the PS2 version on two PS3 systems.

Also like you, my Son found the level 70 break difficult and in the end he had me do it for both his main and secondary character. As part of the disabilities, he isn't able to type very well and thus doesn't feel he can be social with people on FFXI. Yet, he LOVES to help people accomplish their goals. He's very slow to trust someone or accept friendship, but once he's your friend it takes a lot to end it.

Like you we find soloing or being in a dual or so party cool. Of course, this leaves us out of many of new and past stuff, but such is life . . .

Anyway, we're on Ragnarok, too, and if you want to look us up, please, do. I'm IBHalliwell (main character with 99SMN, 99WH, 98RDM, 92BLM, and 80 something DRG and BST) and Brotherhood (77WHM mule). My Son is Ramrat (99DNC, 96PUP) and Jugjug (83THF).

I noticed you're a 70WHM and don't want to assume anything. I beat Maat for my Son as a WHM and also for my second HL character. I'd be happy to help you in whatever manner we can agree upon, if you desire. The method I used was the sleep (Repose) method where I needed to keep Maat sleeping for 5 minutes. As I say, I'd be happy to help out as we agree to it.

If you want to look us up and see if we three could make a go of it, please, do . . . You stated you get a lot of your information from the FFXI wiki (I'm assuming you mean http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/). As for PMing me here, I'd recommend against it, as I'm not on here very often (today is the exception).

On the other hand, I am on the FFXI wiki (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/) several times a week. Please, feel free to contact me there (e.g. Add something to my Talk page. I am IBHalliwell (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/User_talk:IBHalliwell) on the FFXI wiki.

Take care and I wish you best of luck in all your FFXI endeavors and remember to have FUN adventuring throughout Vana'diel! :-)

I.B. Halliwell on Ragnarok (formerly of Caitsith)

I would suggest PMing me here, but I hardly ever log into the FFXI forums. I do hang out daily on the FFXI wiki ( Today is the exception. I'd leave my email address, but don't know if the rules (or common sense here) allow it.
    (1)