Character
    Paestar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

*tap tap* Is this thing on? :) *LS request*

I'm a BIT worried seeing posts several months old on this forum, but I'm gonna go ahead and hope for the best anyway.

I'm brand new to XI, and after a captivating trial period, I went all-in with the Seeker bundle. Thanks to Trust, there's quite a ton of stuff I can handle on my own.

But along comes things like the Three Mage Gate, which will require actual players and not UIs. Yes, I don't HAVE to do it. But I WANT to do it. And so, as many a beginner guide has strongly recommended...it's time to hook into a linkshell.

Ideally, I'm just seeking something casual. Not ready to jump straight to level 99 hardcore, no sir. I want to EXPERIENCE this game. So I'd like to find a group to chat with along the way, and every so often say, "Um, guys...I could use a hand here, please..."

So I ask you...can anyone recommend a casual/social LS who'd be willing to take on a lore-hungry newbie?

p.s.
    Here's my long, rambling tale about how XI stole me from both WoW AND XIV:
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    GilgameshGuardians is pretty big and takes on just about everyone.
    (1)

Character
    Paestar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thanks for the hint; I'll look them up.
    (0)
    Last edited by Paestar; 02-23-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Player
    Just wanted to say welcome, XI is a great game, people usually find it rather daunting and offputting, but once you love it, it really takes hold of you, it's very deep mechanically between subjobs and gear swapping which is more than I can say for most MMOs, even if we'll argue with the devs for years about which mechanics need to be tweaked.
    (0)

Character
    Paestar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thanks. Gotta agree with the daunting...ness, but it seems more like an enjoyable challenge than a deterrent. The only "problem" is it's too easy to get distracted with all expansions at my fingertips. "Ooh...I want THIS...and THAT...and what's over THERE...?"
    (0)

Player
    There's a new player guide, and I'd say focus on getting Lv99, a basic set of iLv117 sparks gear, and work on your mobility options (home points, unlocking abyssea maws, geomagnetron warps, voidwatch warps, outpost warps) as you travel from place to place in daily life, once you have a lot of mobility and a decent combat setup, all those quests that would take hours and hours right now, can be completed in a much faster fashion later.
    (0)