Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Elimination of EXP when raised, and reduction of weakness timers based on Raise tier

I say sure, why not, except for this one issue:

I'd be pretty pissed if I wanted my free death warp but was in an area where the enemies are too weak to kill me.

So either add a suicide option, or make it so EXP loss is eliminated only in the case of being raised/reraised, not when going to home point.

I know from Monstrosity that I'd rather not be frustrated by the injustice of not being able to instantly leave the area I'm in because the enemies can't kill me.
    (0)

What does that have to do with this? It's not like you can suicide warp in too weak areas now either. Changing the way Raise works doesn't affect this.
    (5)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    EXP loss in a game with instant kill deaths is a dick move. Yes get rid of EXP penalties.

I'm for anything that reduces the weakness timer. Makes anything with a time limit less stressful.
    (2)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

I thought there was no death in FINAL FANTASY XI Online, only unconsciousness due to a knock out...

Anyhue... I never really used this 'death/blood warp' which people like to call it. It's not that I ever cared about losing experience points, I did not have the need. I rather used an item/spell for it, or walked a little bit over yonder. I do understand that many (most?) players are not like me in many (if any) ways, however, and can see why people would want this.

Due to recent tidings, I feel like I faintly foresee a tale being foretold of that there will be a button to smack which will teleport the smackee right back to their home-point... ~sigh~
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Due to recent tidings, I feel like I faintly foresee a tale being foretold of that there will be a button to smack which will teleport the smackee right back to their home-point... ~sigh~
    The Black Mage inside me knows that feel.

But that Black Mage is a Taru. His minimal HP bar has gone down more than that chick in Clerks. Doing it for fun and profit sounds nice.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    It's called stripping if you want things you could kill if you sneezed on them to kill you. Course nins have always had a way to suicide.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    EXP loss in a game with instant kill deaths is a dick move. Yes get rid of EXP penalties.
    XP is so plentiful and easy to get that the maximum 600 XP you lose from dying is trivial. I can't believe anyone would actually complain about this.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    I say sure, why not, except for this one issue:

I'd be pretty pissed if I wanted my free death warp but was in an area where the enemies are too weak to kill me.

So either add a suicide option, or make it so EXP loss is eliminated only in the case of being raised/reraised, not when going to home point.

I know from Monstrosity that I'd rather not be frustrated by the injustice of not being able to instantly leave the area I'm in because the enemies can't kill me.
    They sell all these wonderful little items that will warp for you. Warp Cudgel, Instant Warp scroll, or walk to the nearest Grounds Tome or Field Manual.
    (3)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If anything left that is worth complainting and demand to be fixed that is related to death, it is the ANIMATION when you raise. Seriously, either make it so that when you raise you have a 15s of 100% PDT and MDT or get rid of this god forbid animation delay. It's been years now and SE still haven't fixed this issue. Like other said, who really cares about xp loss at this point in the game left. I mean you can go kill 1 mob and gets all that back anyway. But the animation delay is what still drives me insane.
    (4)

Many other games don't even allow combat raising. I don't think it's all that bad for FFXI to allow it even getting up is risky business.
    (0)

11. 02-23-2014 09:04 AM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast