Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Prishe casts nothing. Shantotto has no weapon. Curilla doesn't provoke. Stop it :(

I'm starting to be very disappointed with botched trust NPCs.

Curilla doesn't provoke. Shantotto is unarmed and does not attack.

But WORST of all....

Prishe is a Monk and a White Mage. She should be an alternative to being forced to use Kupipi or Mihli, while also dealing damage as a bonus. And she's still got her WHM job (MP bar + auto regen), but casts NOTHING, not even in emergencies.

The developers said it would take too long to fix and they want to add new NPCs rather than fixing broken ones. But when you ruin Prishe, something needs to be done. She's not even strong. She SHOULD be one of the top alter egos, but she's near the bottom, because a slot still needs to be wasted for a healer, and a PLD, and then there are much better DDs than Prishe. She's the Keeper of the Apocalypse, for morbols' sake.

PLEASE fixed Trust NPCs that are broken on release.
    (13)

I've seen her cast...lol. I think it's not that they don't/won't fix anything, with ARR being SE's current focus they likely want to stick to a schedule with what little manpower they have left for this game and can't afford to go back. Chances are they'll add a bunch of ciphers then go back and sweep change/fix them, because lets face it, the focus in XI currently is keeping the few people left happy with new content - content that, btw, is end-game related and Alter Egos are more of a side distraction if anything.

If this was 2005, sure..but sadly..with ARR around above all that simply isn't the case.
    (2)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Bukota
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post

Prishe is a Monk and a White Mage. She should be an alternative to being forced to use Kupipi or Mihli, while also dealing damage as a bonus. And she's still got her WHM job (MP bar + auto regen), but casts NOTHING, not even in emergencies.
    I don't have Prishe yet, but I feel safe in assuming that she works similarly to Excenmille whose unpredictable behavior is at least somewhat predictable.

One thing I mean by that is that he only uses mp for cures in orange HP.

I have always expected that with Prishe filling a similar DD role she would behave the same.

In addition to that, I will frequently get into trouble and see that Excenmille has full MP, but no Cure ever comes.

While it is annoying, I have noticed it happens based on a variety of factors that have nothing to do with the actual NPC, but really just the Trust AI.

1) Factor one is just plain that the NPC is under the effect of silence. Always a good check.

2) Factor two is whether you have an unclaimed target causing you the bulk of the damage.

I am now 100% aware of the fact that unclaimed targets seem to cause Trust NPC curing AI to go haywire.

In some cases this can be alleviated by simply cycling targets.

The final thought I have is that maybe your expectations were just higher than what the system is.

Most of the NPCs are just built around an archetypal mold that is pretty generic. I never expected them to be particularly unique.

Hence, I was never let down.
    (0)

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Prishe who I was waiting for.....is useless. She hits for 5 (top damage I saw)...and cures kind of...
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    I normally only see him flash most of the time. Which is also on top of someone else's flash. My real complaint is the ws choices that some of them have. Who ever thought giving a lot of them the worst ws for their job class was a good idea is beyond me. I do understand why some of them have the really low lved ones as some people still do not have all jobs leveled either because they don't want to grind out skill ups at 99. Or they are a new player. Though compared to an adventuring fellow their AI out preform most of the time when it comes to cures and what not.
    (0)

Character
    Bukota
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    I normally only see him flash most of the time. Which is also on top of someone else's flash. My real complaint is the ws choices that some of them have. Who ever thought giving a lot of them the worst ws for their job class was a good idea is beyond me. I do understand why some of them have the really low lved ones as some people still do not have all jobs leveled either because they don't want to grind out skill ups at 99. Or they are a new player. Though compared to an adventuring fellow their AI out preform most of the time when it comes to cures and what not.
    I think any discourse on this matter is good discourse.

I am not trying to argue or downplay concerns, but I would like to state some of my opinions.

Right off the bat I just wanted to state that yes, Excenmille's AI is programmed to Flash every time a fight starts and the spell is not on cooldown.

This is where the player can make a personal choice about whether they find this a useful behavior.

With a wide breadth of NPCs to choose from, options exist for personal preference.

I have logged 72 hours of soloing between level 1 - 80 with the same 3 trust NPCs and I can tell you that Excenmille, one of the least popular NPCs, is actually one of the strongest to have in party in that level range.

He uses piercing type damage on a 2-handed platform.

His weaponskills are lackluster, but he has Pentathrust and some of the highest "white damage."

He has a very basic PLD toolkit that is by no means impressive, but has certainly saved my bacon a few times.

He does not use AoEs.

Bottom line, he may not be great in every situation, but if you go out and target easy prey piercing-weak creatures for GoV pages, he will utterly decimate them.

If you are comparing trusts to an actual player I could see the disappointment.

But to me, they are more analogous to an official solution to the problem of needing multi-boxing with multiple accounts to overcome certain hurdles.

In that regard, a full compliment of Trust NPCs handily trounce anything you could do with just a second account.

While the AI might not be perfect, it is automatic and effortless.

And compared to using just a single pocket WHM, it is flat out better.
    (3)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Can't speak for Currilla but Prishe is mainly mnk the storyline with some side whming. Notice she doesn't use 5 or 6 so it's basically just a subjob for occasional casting. And shantotoo... she shouldn't have a weapon. She is a nuke machine. That said she should be retooled to be harder nuker
    (3)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I think of trust npcs as a way to make soloing easier/safer, not as a replacement for a real party. There's some issues with some of them but complaining about it right now is sorta like complaining about the icing on the cake... it's still pretty sweet isn't it?

Out of curiosity I ran with Prische tonight and did some rieves, and she casts cures, but only when I seem to be in the red and the other healer npc is low on magic. I think the trust system is fine so far and personally would rather see more npcs come out as quickly as they have been than have some smarter AI... when I need 3 more competent party members, I'll shout for them XD
    (4)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    But if you have any two of the trusts that can flash they flash at the start and reflash at the same time once it wears off. If Shantotto gets a weapon she should get a staff so she can spirit taker and retribution. Trust AI is pretty good over all just wish would refrain from doh type of mistakes like when Zied opens up a fight with tp drain cause you know the mob is going to have enough tp woth while to use the spell. Also kupipi should get flash nova or black halo just so she has at least one ws she can do that also can do damage.
    (0)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Can't speak for Currilla but Prishe is mainly mnk the storyline with some side whming. Notice she doesn't use 5 or 6 so it's basically just a subjob for occasional casting. And shantotoo... she shouldn't have a weapon. She is a nuke machine. That said she should be retooled to be harder nuker
    Considering Prishe casts Banish III, Banishga III, Holy, Cure IV, and Cure V and uses Benediction in the Promathia battle, she is full-blown WHM at the same time that she's full-blown MNK. Her two jobs are equally leveled. I guess equal-level main and sub job just aren't in the cards for Trust NPCs?

And after using her in Duodecim where Banishga is her most accurate and useful damaging attack, Prishe is deeply rooted in her WHM job in my mind, just as much as she is in her Monk job.

Regarding Shantotto...she teaches you the Staff WS Retribution in XI, she wields a staff in the final ASA mission, and she uses her staff in both Dissidia games. There's no reason she shouldn't have one as an alter ego.
    (3)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast