Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Why does sch and dancer make no sense? Dynamis time line wise didn't come about until after the crystal war happened. That and we had freelancers from the near east along with current content running around. Sure their respective countries officially said we don't want anything to do with that, or in Adoulin's case was already closed off to the outside. Though I doubt a blue would have been allowed to come over to our area unless it was a rouge blue. Corsairs are at best pirates and who wouldn't want to get in on some of the action over here? Who is going to notice things gone missing when everyone is distracted with the war? There were traveling performers back then too. Best disguise for a puppetmaster I would say. I mean if far eastern jobs somehow made it over to us and became part of the hydra corps that got lost during the final battle then why not the other jobs they added to dynamis that break the lore?

Sorry to go side tract. I do think having all of the AF be worn to get the quest started is silly unless it gets explained in the quest line somewhere. One could sort of see it as to why we have to wear a part of AF when we do a certain subligar quest kind of nonsense.
    (3)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Why does sch and dancer make no sense? Dynamis time line wise didn't come about until after the crystal war happened. That and we had freelancers from the near east along with current content running around. Sure their respective countries officially said we don't want anything to do with that, or in Adoulin's case was already closed off to the outside. Though I doubt a blue would have been allowed to come over to our area unless it was a rouge blue. Corsairs are at best pirates and who wouldn't want to get in on some of the action over here? Who is going to notice things gone missing when everyone is distracted with the war? There were traveling performers back then too. Best disguise for a puppetmaster I would say. I mean if far eastern jobs somehow made it over to us and became part of the hydra corps that got lost during the final battle then why not the other jobs they added to dynamis that break the lore?

Sorry to go side tract. I do think having all of the AF be worn to get the quest started is silly unless it gets explained in the quest line somewhere. One could sort of see it as to why we have to wear a part of AF when we do a certain subligar quest kind of nonsense.
    I mean the logic would make perfect sense if the near eastern jobs were occupied by freelancers, it'd at least explain why they were even there to begin with.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Oh I understand that, but like I said I doubt a blue would be allowed to go over there dressed as a blue since they are tightly controlled. The only way I could see one is if they were like sent there for spying. Corsairs wouldn't be over there looking like a cor just incase a blue was over there. If you're apart of a criminal body you don't want the cops to know that you're leaving town. Besides the one I already gave for pup I don't really have a better idea since their role in the army over there isn't really fleshed out story wise. We sent envoys over there and got told no offical aid for you. I would hope enough people high up would know what a blue looked like at least and thus why if there were any over there they wouldn't be running around looking like one. There were a few freelancers that had swords most people associate with Blue. It would be like asking a black ops group to shout oh hey we're here! They officially are not supposed to be in the midlands.
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjou View Post
    I mean seriously, an elemental with -90% PDT, wtf SE. I know people can do it easily, but I can't do it solo.
    team up with a mage and nuke the ele down, i duoed it with my sch and my rdm mule, was cakewalk
    (2)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    It makes sense because it's an AF set that starts at end-game, much like Relic started at end-game for the other jobs.
    Hitting the level cap is hardly what I'd call endgame, and gear of similar quality is easily soloable, it's just not job specific.

Also the storylines make sense to tie them together. I think that's pretty much going to be the trend (and problem) for new jobs (if any more ever come) since everything is revolving around 99 now thanks to Abyssea killing off traditional level progression, thus they simply adjusted to the current game setting.
    In the most current game setting people solo with their Trust Buddies in situations that only serve to benefit themselves.
    (0)

Define "endgame" then.
    (0)

Player
    I would consider: Fracture Delve, SKNM Fights Difficult+, DM/AA fights Normal+, Nexus/Fulcrum, Skirmish 3 Outer Ra'Kaznar.

Because these are the only events that I would say one would have some difficulty doing with only Sparks gear or less, which is completely soloable and easy to obtain, though some of that if not all is still totally possible with sparks gear.
    (2)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 02-20-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Define "endgame" then.
    What Seli said. There's still a long way to go once you hit the level cap so it's really not the end of anything. It's a new beginning.
    (1)

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Back on old time on FFXI, when relic armor came out, i remember some ppl waiting more than 1 IRL year of full attendance @ Dynamis before they get the precious (THF Hands, RDM Head...etc)
    Nowadays, everyone want everything immediatly and if possible on "easy prey" mode
    (2)

Character
    Amaran
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Lets look at it this way, all jobs eventually had mythic weapons added to Nyzule. Nothing after Cop was added weapon wise to Dynamis, but eventually the new relec armor was added to dynamis. The level cap back then was lv 75. Today it's not Relecs (in the traditional sense) for Rune & Geo. I remember people were questioning why Blu and Cor sets were added to dynamis when neither job was there in the crystal war. If anything Achtelle would be the only person from Adoulin that could possibly have anything lost in dynamis, and she was a Dragoon. However, plot/stat wise it does acomplish the same thing as relecs that are reforged to that level. Some might say, but you're buying all the synth items for Run/Geo Af2 and having them forged by a NPC. S.E. could always have used the origional Af piece as the base matereal for each 109 or 119 relec equivalent piece and consumed it. Yes Rune and Geo can get their 109 Relecs faster than any past job. Would that really matter if they randomly decided to add new mythic weapons to nyzule? Even if it means starting the whole line of quests from floor 1/100 through "Duties tasks and deeds" and so on? Then only recive a weapon that's lv 75, then magian farm every step to get it to 99 and reforged to 119? Yes, Thats why people might be trying to get their merc rank up recently. If anything I'm just taking this as a consolation prize for all the grinding we may end up doing in the future for their JSE gear.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2