Thread: Magian staves

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Magian staves

Since Nirvana cannot be obtained because SE refuses to fix Nyzul isle and assault restrictions, my magian staves are the only thing I have that provides me with enough perpetuation down to be useful. But this means I have to swap out my staff every 40 seconds to get enough of a damage bonus on my pet to be useful which keeps me from being able to mele. I know SE has said their official policy is that they're not going to continue magian trial weapons. That is fine in most cases, but here it has provided something you seem to have missed when introducing the item level system. I know continuing the magian staves would be opening a can of worms so we need something with perpetuation down or something we can augment with perpetuation down. (at least -6)

You could give the generic mage gear a messload of auto refresh. That would fix a lot of problems for a lot of jobs. But I know how much it pains you to give us nice things.
    (1)
    The Original Blue Mage

Player
    Chatoyant is only -3 Perp, but that's generally plenty when you consider all the perp on the AF/Relic, that said, I'd love if they added more "Refresh+1" options for areas like Head/Feet/Legs/Hands, so that I could stop idling in level 70~90 gear.
    (1)

Character
    Rumblepakk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hi, SMN is my main job and I dont have Nirvana. I have Balsam equipped 24/7 and my pets are free because I use other gear to keep them free and gain MP.
    (2)

Player
    Love being called an idiot, but, yeah, I have no idea what the augment list on Uffrat is, I barely play Smn, but I know quite well they've got plenty of -perp gear even though I haven't played it since the Perfect Defense nerf, mostly because I CBA to skill it up.

My main gripe, and I'll repeat myself is that not enough iLevel gear, for all mage jobs has refresh on it, there's a reason you constantly see people in Heka's+Nefer, or the hat from Legion, and Serpentes Hands/Feet, or Relic/Empy peices, etc, so you have to sacrifice an unfortunate amount of defense to keep your refresh.

So in saying that there wasn't enough iLevel gear with Refresh and Chat staff giving Perp-3 and that there was a good amount of Perp- available, what exactly was I wrong or idiotic about?
    (0)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 02-19-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Player
    In what way am I wrong and dumb, please? Are you even reading? lol

I idle in Heka+Nefer on most mages for the ensphere + refresh. And on Smn Caller's+Hagondes Body.... what I keep saying is that it would be nice if there was more refresh on iLevel gear so that I could idle in them for DEFENSIVE PURPOSES, and not have to have my "Change into iLevel PDT/MDT gear" macro as necessary and get hit as hard when I miss it.

Also, you're wrong, WHM and others do have a 2 Refresh head option, it's just the +1 craftable from legion (http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10408/spurrina-coif), which almost nobody has, but it's still not iLevel, so still not very defensive for idling.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Nyzul and Assault are the things holding you back from getting a mythic? Not that silly beastmen kings thing?
    (2)

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Nyzul and Assault are the things holding you back from getting a mythic? Not that silly beastmen kings thing?
    Friend has been sitting in mamook for two weeks without a single sighting!
    (1)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    LOL so many trolls. Does not stop what I said from being true.
    (0)
    The Original Blue Mage

Player
    The Skirmish SMN Staves can get -perp, -5 was possible on the +1, 6 should potentially be possible on the +2.
    (0)

Character
    Eerica
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm still using ye olde Bahamut's Staff for -Perp. Yes, I'm lazy (and a bit nostalgic about this thing, reminds me of my friends and my old linkshell). but all my Avatar are free/give me 1+ or more MP refresh all the same.
    Perpetuation cost is really a non issue these days with all the Refresh and -Perp. cost pieces available, and you really don't need a Magian staff to achieve 0 Perp. cost. Let alone a friggin' Nirvana.
    I agree on the fact that we could use more iLvl gear with -Perp on it, but I guess Reforged Empyrean will help with that.

I understand that switching weapons sucks while meleeing, but meh. Welcome to mages?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast