Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

The forgotten Step child: Throwing Weapon

So I don't know what the deal is behind the Throwing Weapon, but I'd like to see an expansion of this weapon including weapon skills and more of these type of weapons. I think this would be a pretty fun alternate fighting style for jobs that for some reason have high throwing skill. (Seeing Jaochim fight like this kind of jogged the thought)

If you get anything out of this post; however, it should be the fact that we need new weapons and weapon skills. It's been like 11 years and we haven't seen any new alternatives. Maybe a Whip would be fun like Quistis from Final Fantasy 8? Nunchakus? Gunblades?Or if Square Enix is really feeling ballsy then rocket launchers? (Just kidding...)
    (9)

Yeah they seem so bent on bringing out more weapons but not more types, sad really when they more than any1 have/had the opportunity. And the whip is my idea for the beastmaster, they could have stuff like shotguns or rifles for rangers and corsairs and maybe even a double saber kind of like Wei Yan has.
    (0)

Types of weapons are probably hardcoded some way that would pose a problem on PS2 to add more of them. Also, having to make more animations for our skeletons for a whole new set of weaponskills.
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    My main problem is why doesn't throwing have any kind of weapon skills? You skill it up...for what purpose?
    (0)

Character
    Jinzha
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Types of weapons are probably hardcoded some way that would pose a problem on PS2 to add more of them. Also, having to make more animations for our skeletons for a whole new set of weaponskills.
    Ok seriously can we just drop PS2 from FFXI already? Tired of the excuse: "We could make the game really amazing, but there is the PS2."
    (0)

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjou View Post
    My main problem is why doesn't throwing have any kind of weapon skills? You skill it up...for what purpose?
    I think throwing skill was made for that one time when you need to use it to claim Dark Ixion lol...
    (0)

You know, they FOREVER throw that in our face "How about overhauling the Auction house?" "Can't the system can't support such a huge strain" "How Bout updating these butt ugly graphics?" "Can't the system can't handle it" "How about you just switch to the PS3 already and just migrate everyone's account?" ".............."
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Anjou View Post
    I have often wondered that myself, there's absolutely nothing beneficial to it other than if it's the blade ring or boomerang it comes back to you. It isn't combined with any job ability or spell and as far as I can tell you can't even use a potion or enchant or craft it to have an en effect ( like craft the blade with, I don't know, a poison potion so when you throw it it poisons the target?). So why not do something with it SE so it can be as effective as our other range options?
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Wait wait...I don't know if this could work or not but maybe they could actually move throwing weapons/items into the main slot and then give it weaponskills? If I'm not mistaken that might be better anyway, right?
    (1)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    Wait wait...I don't know if this could work or not but maybe they could actually move throwing weapons/items into the main slot and then give it weaponskills? If I'm not mistaken that might be better anyway, right?
    I like that idea. Chakrams could be a plausible main weapon.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast