Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ok ok ok let me explain because I don't want you or SE to think I am asking to cheat here. I have a pc and an Xbox 360. Now I just recently got a pc account so I haven't really done much of anything with the characters on there. But on my 360 I have a leathercrafter and a bonecrafter, so I was thinking if I could maybe transfer my leathercrafting character over to the pc I could then have them and the bonecrafting character duo farm instead of, well, either making one of the stupid pc characters a bone or leather mule or farming then running to the city to dump the bones, horns or teeth and resetting the TH and then running back. It's a minor inconvenience I guess but if there is a way to just, you know, switch it would make things better. Now are you all saying there's a way to do that already and I just don't know how or is that actually considered cheating?
    (0)
    Last edited by Blah; 02-28-2014 at 04:59 AM. Reason: forgot a bit of info
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Okies, I figured it might have been either that or the other.

Thankies for clarifying!

The other, which we are saying, is that the accounts are in no way or form tied to a platform; players are free to use one and the same account on any of the platforms, be it PC, PS2, or Xbox. There is no such thing as a “pc account”, for they're all the same.

What we can not do: log in on more than one character on the same PlayOnline account at the same time. Only one character per PlayOnline account is able to log in simultaneously via any platform.

What we can do: log in on two separate PlayOnline accounts at the same time, regardless of them being linked to the same SQUARE ENIX account or not.

So as one of my guesses was, I think this is what you want: you would like to be able to transfer a character from a PlayOnline account to another.

That's not too bad in my mind, as long as the PlayOnline accounts in question reside within the same SQUARE ENIX account. I still would guess that they (SQUARE ENIX) are too worried about possible account trading that this might somewhat promote (although the effects on that would be very minor, I imagine).

It would be convenient for some, that's fer sure. I have two accounts myself, and one of them is inactive now because the monthly fee is simply too high for me to care about activating it right now.

I'm not sure if I would ever transfer any characters around though...
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm the only one asking for it now, although I did look it up on their faq page and it is there. But that thing doesn't look like it's been updated in a while.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    I did look it up on their faq page and it is there. But that thing doesn't look like it's been updated in a while.
    Could you elaborate on that?

What FAQ-page exactly, and what did you look up?
    (0)

Oh it's on the official website, scroll down to where it says service and support, it should lead you right to the faq page, then just search character transfer and you should find the question. Now that I think about it though, the question doesn't specify whether they mean the same account or are they talking about different account transfers, which is why I AM specifying: same account character transfers.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Ah, the knowledge base.

I would imagine the article speaks of transferring PlayOnline accounts to a SQUARE ENIX account which became mandatory at that one point in time. Any article speaking of character transfer is likely related to transferring from a server to another, but I would need to see the particular one to be sure...

It's never been easy to find a certain one via the search there, and they're very inconsistent between regions, and I'm not sure if you're referring to the US or the EU site(s). If you could provide a link to the specific page, I could comment more accurately one that! ^^
    (0)

I believe it's the NA site, and the question has actually been there BEFORE the mandatory transfer (it's why I say they don't appear to have updated it) the link I guess is...let's see if I can do this right... http://support.na.square-enix.com/fa...acter+transfer
    There, hope that takes you to the right place
    And note the answer, it's what kinda prompted me to ask
    (0)
    Last edited by Blah; 03-03-2014 at 08:25 AM. Reason: more explanation

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Thanks. I had tried searching both the regions, but that search really isn't good, most of the time bringing up things like in-game wedding when searching for something completely different.

And indeed, I did not see that one, though I did give up rather quickly as it was much easier to ask you. ^^

And I see what you were saying now. This is the one, right?

Quote Originally Posted by KB Article: 12221
    Transferring characters to another account.

There is currently no way to move a character from one account to another. If you wish to play with two characters simultaneously, you will need to purchase another copy of FINAL FANTASY XI to register with PlayOnline again and obtain another Content ID.
    Indeed, I believe it's telling the same as I did. That is, there is no way to transfer a character from account to another, whether they live under the same SqEX account or not.

Nothing is eternal, of course.
    (0)

Yeah and like I also said it seems nonspecific, it could just as easily be asking to transfer their son/daughter/mom/dad/boyfriend/girlfriend/you get the idea character to their account. So when they say there's "currently no way to do it" are they saying they have been thinking of a way to ah, well, I will just say it , rmt a character lol? Now that I look at it....I really do think that's exactly what that's asking...DANG that's messed up
    (0)
    Last edited by Blah; 03-04-2014 at 12:28 AM. Reason: more to the idea

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I imagine, due to the inclusion of 'playing on more than one character at a time' on that answer, that they've received this question a lot indeed where a player has more than one character on one account and would like to play with them simultaneously. That's probably what they're referring to, I maybe guess.

I'm sure someone there has at least at some point thought about using real-money (micro transactions I guess people call it) in many ways, but I doubt they would ever allow characters to be traded. Not in this game.

But well, impossible is nothing. No one knows what the future will be like. ^^
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast