Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Ochretis
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

[Suggestion] Job Ideas

Before I begin I'd like to say I know there's balancing issues with current jobs, I just had these ideas written down and thought it'd be nice to get feedback on what people thought, if they liked them or suggestions to make it better.
    This first job I had in mind as Mime because it's been a job used in older FF's and I knew that a mime job that just takes the ability of other jobs is very unlikely so I made a twist with it. However this idea was written down before monstrosity came out. I will make an additional comment about that after the description.
    Job: Mime
    Description: A unique class that has the ability to copy not only skills, but also forms. The charismatic mime can mimic the use of any weapon, but it's strength lies in its mirror which allows the mime to change its form making the mime the most versatile of classes. However the mime cannot take a new form while wearing a weapon.
    Quest: Obtain key item: Rabbit Journal and fight 25 rabbits and record each skill it has. Go back to npc. Retrieve materials for mirror. Go to a ??? in some lake or area that infuses the mirror with power. You can now become a mime and unlocked Rabbit Form I.
    Skills: Mimicry - A+, Guarding - D, Evasion - D, Parrying - E, Shield - E, Throwing - E, Hand-to-Hand - C-, Axe - F, Great Axe - F, Club - F, Dagger - F, Katana - F, Great Katana - F, Polearm - F, Scythe - F, Staff - F, Sword - F, Great Sword - F, Archery - F, Marksmanship - F. (Mimicry levels while attacking in morphed forms; Change F to G?)
    Abilities:
    Perfect Copy - Doubles the multipliers of your next morph and unlocks master forms. Recast time: 1 hour. Lv 1.
    Morph - Allows the user to take another form. Recast time: 3 minutes. Lv 1.
    Revert - Reverts the user back to his normal form. Recast time: 30 seconds. Lv 1.
    Mimic - Copies the last used Job Ability of the target. (Usable only on party members.) Recast Time: 5 minutes. Lv 10.
    Forethought - Doubles the duration of the next morph. Recast Time: 15 minutes. Lv 25.
    Mirror Guard - Deflects the next spell casted on you. Recast Time: 5 minutes. Lv 35
    Mind's Eye - Increases INT, MND, magic accuracy, and magic attack of next form. Recast Time: 15 minutes. Lv 45
    Iron Body - Increases HP, VIT, defense, and magic defense of next form. Recast Time: 15 minutes. Lv 55
    Brute Force - Increases STR, DEX, attack, and accuracy of next form. Recast Time: 15 minutes. Lv 65
    Mirror Image - Creates reflections of the user. (Blink of 6 shadows). Recast Time: 3 minutes. Lv 75.
    Glare - Lowers accuracy and evasion of target. Recast Time: 5 minutes. Lv 85.
    Traits: Resist Silence IV, Resist Slow IV, Resist Amnesia V, Resist Paralyze IV, Resist Bind IV, Resist Sleep IV, Resist Poison IV, Resist Petrify IV, Resist Blind IV, Resist Virus IV. (Receives other traits based on form.)
    Mime Magic - Spells that are learned through the use of morph. (Ex. Ghost Form I would teach the spells Mime Sleep, Mime Drain, Mime Aspir and only allow the Mime to use while in the correct form. )
    Forms: Monster, Level learned, How obtained (# of monsters killed/requirement to unlock), Multipliers, Traits gained, Abilities. (Will select Morph> Family> Form)
    Example Form: Beast:
    Rabbit Family: Multipliers - Dex, Acc, Str, Agi, Eva
    Rabbit Form I: Forest Hare. Level 1. Obtained after completing Mime quest. Traits - Lizard Killer, Treasure Hunter, Evasion Bonus.
    Rabbit Form II: Island Rarab.
    Rabbit Form III: Variable Hare.
    Rabbit Form IV: Twigtrip Lapinion.
    Comments: Formula for damage of skills/magic when in morphed form would be something like CHR30% + mimicry skill *x/x + x + skill modifier% . Unsure of good percentages for multipliers, but assuming they will be something like x1.1% or something minute. Higher forms will have greater multipliers, however certain forms will have negative multipliers as well. Make monster abilities weapon skills/use certain amount of TP?. Possible JA or merit ability that allows for morph to be casted again with no downtime? The higher the tier of forms the better the traits/abilities. Obviously some forms will be harder to balance/ only be able to be master forms.
    Post Monstrosity Comments With monstrosity being out I felt like this idea was ruined, but recently I thought about it and I thought maybe incorporating Monstrosity forms with this job idea would give people a reason to play Monstrosity more than just fun, because if this job followed a similar idea but instead of unlocking forms as previously mentioned you would be able to "remember" and unleash the monster forms you have gained in monstrosity. For example if you have a level 50 rabbit and your mime is level 50 you would be able to change into that form with those abilities and traits, but if your rabbit is only 30 and your mime is 50 your form will be weaker by a certain amount and you wouldn't be able to access the polar hare. I think it would be neat to see another use of monstrosity incorporated into the gameplay of the actual character.

Job: Chocoknight
    Description: A knight well trained in the use of polearms and great swords who fight on top of their trusty steed, a chocobo. Unlike other chocobo's the chocoknight's companion has been bred and trained in the art of fighting, however their speed has been drastically hindered because of this. Charging at their foes together the chocoknight and it's chocobo ride together against any fearsome monster.
    Quest: Started by some npc at a chocobo training stables. Someone asks your favorite color (picks color of your chocobo) in conversation. He asks for some food for the chocobos. Next he alerts you that one of the chocobos have escaped and asks you to find him. You find him by clicking ??? somewhere in a forest and CS shows him being attacked by orcs or something. Monster spawns and you fight. Click again CS showing chocobo happy towards you. Go back and npc tells you that the chocobo really likes you, and asks if you would like to begin training as a chocoknight. Unlocks chocoknight and chain quests that will be accessed at a higher level.
    Abilities:
    Overexertion: Increases attack power and critical attack rate and Allows unlimited uses of charge, but overexerts your chocobo, causing it to leave the battle after duration. Duration- 30seconds. Recast Time- 1 hour. Lv 1. OR Flash Charge (Instant damage, Charges from every angle.)
    Call Chocobo: Calls your Chocobo to battle. Recast Time- 20 minutes. Lv 1.
    Charge: Delivers a charge attack on enemy. Distance- 20'. Recast Time- 1 minute. Lv 10.
    Choco Sprint: Increases movement speed. (2.25x) Duration- 30 seconds. Recast Time- 5 minutes. Lv 25.
    Power Charge: Charges at a high speed causing more damage, but damage to your chocobo as well. Recast time- 3 minutes. Lv 35.
    Evasive Charge: Charges behind enemy while causing emnity loss. (Distance of 20 yalms) Recast time- 5 minutes. Lv 50.
    Rally: Enhances Attack and Attack speed of party members within area of effect. Duration- 1 minute. Recast time- 5 minutes. Lv 65.
    Kweh: Intimidates Target. Duration- 45 seconds. Range- 15'. Recast Time- 4 minutes. Lv 75.
    Spinning Charge: Stuns Target. Recast time- 5 minutes. Lv 85.
    Chocobo Weapon skills: Choco Peck: delivers piercing damage; Choco Kick: delivers blunt damage; Choco Heal: Heals player; Choco Gust: delivers non elemental magic damage and blind effect.
    Traits: Choco Speed (12% move speed), Attack Bonus, Accuracy Bonus, Store TP, Resist Bind, Critical Defense Bonus.
    Skills: Polearm A, Great Sword A-, Sword B-, Evasion B, Parry B
    AF: Knight armor with some sort of feather design on gauntlets, helm, and boots. Possibly a Black and gold coloring. DD stats.
    Comments: Chocobo will use damage weapon skill when player uses physical weapon skill and will use Choco Heal when a healing spell is used (a lot like healing breath), and Choco Gust will be used with magical weapon skill or damaging magic.

Job: Spellbow/ Mystic Archer
    Description: An archer that practices in the arts of magic to improve his ranged ability. Utilizing their powers to perform magical ranged attacks the spellbow has no need for ammunition. The spellbow uses its intellect to increase the strength of their shots, however this hinders the damage they do with physical arrows.
    Quest: Requires Archery level 50+. Talk to npc who notices your archery skill and asks if you want to learn a new way of using your bow. He asks you to gather some materials and then tells you to bring the bow to a magical area. When you bring it back to him he tells you it's a magical bow and can only be used by those who learn the art of the spellbow. In order to learn this art you must prove to him you are true to the skill of archery by fighting him in a BC. He can't die unless hit by an arrow at the end. When you defeat him he teaches you. You can now become a spellbow and you get your magic bow.
    Abilities:
    Mystic Rain: Allows the user to shoot multiple magic arrows for the cost of one. Duration - 30 seconds. Recast Time - 1 hour. Lv 1. (Start with 4 arrows per and build the higher the level)
    Magic Quiver: Changes the type of magic ammunition.
    Spirit Arrow: Uses the standard magic arrow. I-V
    Elemental Arrow I-IV (Fire, Earth, Wind, Water ,Ice, Lightning, Light, Dark)
    Drain Arrow I-II
    Sleep Arrow I-II
    Dispel Arrow
    Gravity Arrow
    Paralyze Arrow I-II
    Poison Arrow I-II
    Dormant Power: Enhances magic attack. Duration- 1 minute. Recast Time- 5 minutes. Lv 10.
    Arcane Eye: Enhances magic accuracy and ranged accuracy. Duration- 2 minutes. Recast Time- 5 minutes. Lv 20.
    Enchanted Volley: Allows your next shot to do triple the damage at triple mp cost. Duration- 1 minute. Recast Time- 5 minutes. Lv 30.
    Magic Tap: Your next shot will cost 0 mp. Duration- 1 minute. Recast Time- 3 minutes. Lv 45.
    Ambivalence: Gives target effect of amnesia. Duration- 30 seconds. Recast Time- 4 minutes. Lv 56.
    Celestial Flow: Allows your next elemental arrow to magic burst. Duration- 30 seconds . Recast Time- 2 minutes. Lv 65.
    Zeal: Increases your ranged attack speed and magic attack, but lowers attack and attack speed. Duration- 2 hours. Recast Time- 5 minutes. Lv 80.
    Traits: Accuracy Bonus, Magic Attack Bonus, Rapid Shot, True Shot, Resist Amnesia, Clear Mind
    Skills: Archery A+, Throwing C, Dagger B-, Axe C, Staff D, Evasion E
    AF: Good amounts of AGI and Int and ra and racc. A magical archer type of garment.
    Comments: Equips Magic bow with no ammo and will use 2 Mp/shot of non elemental damage until they use JA to change type of shot. Each tier using more mp but does more dmg. Elemental and status effect ones use even more mp than normal. Would get the different shots at different levels. Damage of shots is based on Int and Agi and magic attack and ranged attack.

These next ones have a lot less work, but thought I'd share them nonetheless.

Job: Chakradhaari
    Description: This class specializes in chakrams. They fluster their foes with status ailments and the constant throwing of their weapon. Throwing skill plays a vital role for the chakradhaari, allowing them to have unique weapon skills.
    Comments: They would have different status effect throws as JAs. Main issue is that it would add weapon skills in the throwing skill.

Job: Time Mage
    Description: A mage that focuses solely on time magic. Aiding their allies by distorting time and stopping their foes before they act the time mage is one of the most unique of mages. Enhancing, enfeebling, and dark magic all play a role in time magic.
    Comments: Would get Hastega I-II and slowga and the single target ones. Would add Demi, stop, and something unique spells. Will be more specific later, but I believe there are enough unique spells able to be given to make this class possible.

Job: Breeder
    Description: A gentle soul who raises monster babies in its past time. However the master may be passive, but the babies will do anything to protect their adoptive parent. Aiding it's monsters in battle the Breeder defeats its predators by just keeping their pets alive.
    Comments: Would be a lot like bst, however they would be solely mage gear and staff/club user. They would get a lot of JAs that buff/heal their pets and would be used a lot for crowd control. They would have 3 babies each about 1/3rd of the stats of a regular bst pet. Main issue is controlling all the pets, I don't think SE would allow this to happen especially since they don't even let pup/bst have 2 pets.

Job: Engineer
    Description: A very unique class with the most well known being Cid. The engineer uses its trusty hammer and arsenal of tools to bring their foes to their knees. Their engineering skill allows them to skillfully use their tools to their full potential.
    Comments: They would melee with hammer, not sure if I want them to be able to use gun or not. Mainly theyd have quests to do to get KIs that would give them like blueprints and probably have something called engineer materials in their inventory and they can use JA to use the different tools they have learned. Examples would be like Flashbulb, Drill, Gatling Gun, etc. Usually instant things though some might be like buff duration effects. Sort of like Edward in FF6.

Job: Mercenary/Viking
    Description: A fighter of massive strength that has the ability to wield a great weapon in each hand. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in sheer damage. This brute is skilled in all the larger weapons, but is unable to use the smaller weapons for they would just feel like toothpicks.
    Comments: Would be able to use scythe, GS, GK, PA, GA, Staff. Would get JAs that reduce delay but also attack and some other things for balance reasons. Main issue with this is the new animations/allowing the use of 2 2hnd weapons and the balancing issue.

Hopefully some of you enjoyed reading these ideas, I know most are fairly unrealistic and I was just hoping for some constructive feedback/ just thought it'd be nice to share with people that have played FFXI and can understand where I'm coming from. Thank you for your time.
    (4)

2. 02-10-2014 07:39 PM

Player
    I'm a big supporter of Time Mage being introduced into this game especially because of all the alternate dimensions we visit in this game. I also see Chocobo Knight being quite impressive. Here are two frameworks I made for them shortly before "Seekers of Adoulin" came out.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Mage-%28TIM%29

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ight-%28CHO%29
    (2)

I know I have a thread already but I am going to go ahead and post this job idea here:
    Bandit
    Have the ability to see treasure coffers/ chests as well as the ??? Locations and like the goblin footprints and maws and all that on the map.
    Be able to steal (temporarily) ANY enemy's skill or spell and use it for themselves or share with party members.
    Ah I hate to say it but have higher tier treasure hunter than thief even without gear.
    Hmm maybe have like a money multiplying trait, not sure what to call it but have it tier up like treasure hunter but have it multiply the money that drops by like a certain amount up to maybe x100...or x10 if SE wants to be cheap about it.
    That's all I can think of except for maybe giving it a unique weapon but not sure they will just probably give it daggers and let dual-wield, but hopefully they WILL at least consider it. Especially now that it's on your thread and not mine /em crosses fingers
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Spoiler alert:

Vikings are referenced in Seekers of Adoulin, and are said to exist/have existed around the Orcish Empire to the north
    (1)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    More spoiler alert:

Vikings have already been mentioned many times of living on the Northern continent with the Orcish Empire/Gigas Homeland before Seekers of Adoulin, with strength that rivaled Gigases. Gnoles are by storyline supposedly the vikings transformed.
    (3)

Actually I just thought about it.../em checks receipt...THEY OWE US SOME JOBS. Think about it, from the time the game started to right before Abyssea I would say the jobs came pretty regularly. But then next thing you know that changed with Abyssea and those mini missions. I thought for sure they'd work in some from Abyssea but they didn't so...they owe us two to bring us to 24. What say you guys? Like if you think they owe us some eh?
    (1)
    Last edited by Blah; 02-15-2014 at 06:54 PM. Reason: another silly mistake

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    Actually I just thought about it.../em checks receipt...THEY OWE US SOME JOBS. Think about it, from the time the game started to right before Abyssea I would say the jobs came pretty regularly. But then next thing you know that changed with Abyssea and those mini missions. I thought for sure they'd work in some from Abyssea but they didn't so...they owe us two to bring us to 24. What say you guys? Like if you think they owe us some eh?
    Ok job breakdown time (and when they were introduced into the game)

Base Game starting jobs: WAR, MNK, WHM, BLM, RDM, THF
    Base Game Extra Jobs: PLD DRK, BST, BRD, RNG
    Interim between RotZ: SMN
    RotZ: SAM, NIN, DRG
    CoP: No new jobs introduced
    ToAU: BLU, PUP, COR
    WotG: SCH, DNC
    3 Story Expansion -> Abyssea: None
    SoA: GEO, RUN
    (1)
    Last edited by Teraniku; 02-16-2014 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Ok job breakdown time (and when they were introduced into the game)

Base Game starting jobs: WAR, MNK, WHM, BLM, RDM, THF
    Base Game Extra Jobs: PLD DRK, BST, BRD, RNG
    Interim between RotZ: SMN
    RotZ: SAM, NIN, DRG
    CoP: No new jobs introduced
    ToAU: BLU, PUP, COR
    WotG: SCH, DNC
    3 Story Expansion -> Abyssea: None
    SoA: GEO, RUN
    So...are you saying they actually owe us something like 26~28 jobs? xD
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    So...are you saying they actually owe us something like 26~28 jobs? xD
    According to your logic, Yes XD
    (1)

Teehee well to be fair if they are skipping then maybe we are just about on schedule.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast