Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

offhand equipment

This is probably going to sound silly especially after all this time but how about providing an offhand equipment for the jobs that don't have a shield or dual-wield? Like maybe an amplifier for ol' black mage here, and maybe a whip or somesuch for beastmaster? Because unless you actually plan on letting these jobs dual-wield or use a shield they kinda are at a disadvantage when they have to fight ya know? Especially black mage, who for some very odd reason can use swords, daggers AND scythes but not a shield.
    (0)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Genbu's Shield. Enjoy your -10% physical damage taken. Just because BLM doesn't get shield skill doesn't mean there aren't BLM-usable shields.
    (1)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

Quote Originally Posted by Quedari View Post
    Genbu's Shield. Enjoy your -10% physical damage taken. Just because BLM doesn't get shield skill doesn't mean there aren't BLM-usable shields.
    Ah you know what I mean, they throw out a bone every now and then but non-shield, non-dual-wield jobs mainly get the shaft when it comes to offhand equipment. Grips are about the only thing I can think of that does them good, relatively speaking. Erm and before I forget why doesn't corsair and rangers (and thief even) have some kind of offhand equipment for their guns and such? Unless they're counting the quivers and pouches....no can't actually equip them so what gives?
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    /nin and use Mes'yohi Rod/Eminent Wand for a grand total of +235 magic dmg 12 int 22 mnd and 30 mab!!!

Seriously though they really should give the ability to weild 2 1hd weapons to every job with the dual wield trait being for increased attack speed when you do that only. Kinda like anyone can h2h but martial arts makes it faster
    (3)

Actually there is an argument going on about how all non-shield jobs SHOULD dual-wield, I think personally if they can't or don't want to think of something as simple as an offhand amplifier (for black mage and scholar and possibly summoner ) a whip (for beastmaster, puppetmaster and that) and maybe I don't know actually let the pouches and stuff like that be equipped for corsairs and rangers or maybe even up their gun skills and start using two-handed guns then maybe they ought to just go ahead and let them all dual-wield.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    But if you watch the guns are used with both hands
    (0)

Is it? I am going to have to go ahead and start playing corsair now to see for sure. /em runs off to go level corsair
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Indeed some weaponskills even knock you back from all da power!
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Don't go forgetting about grips either.

EDIT: to go with your blm example... there's grips for MAcc... grips for MAB... grips for MP... grips for Mdmg!
    And considering how much using a dagger... or even a club can gimp your BLM... just use a staff and a grip.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Don't go forgetting about grips either.

EDIT: to go with your blm example... there's grips for MAcc... grips for MAB... grips for MP... grips for Mdmg!
    And considering how much using a dagger... or even a club can gimp your BLM... just use a staff and a grip.
    True but grips were added a while ago, I can't think of anything they've done with them lately, unless they let you ilevel it too. Yes, I know it's just a grip there's not much you CAN do to it but considering it's supposed to help "grip" the two-handed weapon better having one should maybe I don't know, let you hit twice permanently, you know? Like hit back and forth double slap style, or jab with it like dragoon does with the spear. Axes can slice back and forth but I never quite liked that up and down animation they do with staves, to me it looks like they are trying to swing hammer style...and we don't have a two-handed hammer so why swing that way?
    (0)
    Last edited by Blah; 02-18-2014 at 12:04 AM. Reason: forgot staves aren't the only two-handed weapon
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast