Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Darkchris
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Proposal for Update of Catastrophe Haste addition

As the title so aptly means in the title I would like to see Catastrophe haste being allowed past haste cap . In the golden days of the apocalypse people could achieve 93.3% haste with Last Resort and Desperate Blows + support when others could barely achieve even close to that haste level. I have been using apocalypse for many years now and while it still has some use it isn't quite the glory as it used to be.

I believe with the new addition of many other jobs, if not all, achieving capped haste with support it would be fitting to see the addition of allowing this past the haste cap to bring it back up to par with the Monk/Samurai power of today. The apocalypse was used as a zerg type weapon in the past and it has seemingly lost its glory even the job being thrown out of the DD circle if not using great sword. That still doesn't mean you even get parties or will be in them considering the overpowered nature of monks now.

I hope the admin/mods at least read this and make a consideration if nothing else about this proposal. I am sure there are many who say otherwise but if we go back to the root of what the ability of apocalypse was it was a natural speed DPS zerg utility. Thanks for your time in reading this and hope you at least think about it.
    (4)
    Last edited by ChrisChua; 02-05-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Character
    Zeroe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    supported! fully
    (0)

I guess 2.5% past cap would be fine
    (1)

Player
    The boost over cap would have to be fairly small. If it were put to cap at 93.3% like you are talking about before then you would have a DRK with roughly 1/3rd of the delay of every other DD at capped Haste, which it should go without saying is vastly overpowered. About the best thing would be 2~2.5% cap break, bringing its delay to about 92.34~89.775 from the current cap of 102.6, an overall reduction of about 12% of the current delay it caps at. It would end up being just a bit slower than Ragnarok(86.2).
    (0)

Character
    Darkchris
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    The boost over cap would have to be fairly small. If it were put to cap at 93.3% like you are talking about before then you would have a DRK with roughly 1/3rd of the delay of every other DD at capped Haste, which it should go without saying is vastly overpowered. About the best thing would be 2~2.5% cap break, bringing its delay to about 92.34~89.775 from the current cap of 102.6, an overall reduction of about 12% of the current delay it caps at. It would end up being just a bit slower than Ragnarok(86.2).
    I didn't say i wanted it at 93.3% . I said make Catastrophe's haste go past haste cap which is around 10% which I think is reasonable considering the buffs of Sam and Monk with their gear + abilities. I want to clarify this and it's meaning as 93.3% isn't what I meant. I might be living in a pipe dream about the 10% but it should be at least a 5% gain considering my next paragraph.

The reason stated for Ragnarok is exactly what you are missing about scythe. The scythe WS by all means isn't very strong by other WS standards, however, if you look back years ago the scythe was a zerg TP weapon. That is why it should be faster than Ragnarok considering the weapon skill is much weaker. I don't think you can get anyone who has both scythe and great sword to disagree with that on a average basis. I can make mine triple attack every so often but that doesn't make it the norm. I would be fine with them decreasing the healing capacity of the weapon to increase the damage DPS potential of the haste.

I mean that is what dark knights do right!!! We sacrifice all our powers so that we can be on par with other DD but get 1 shot dead... WOOOO. Seriously though the healing/haste sacrifice falls in line with what dark knights do.
    (0)
    Last edited by ChrisChua; 02-11-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Player
    With it going to a cap of 90%, 10% over the normal cap, you would be at 51.3 Delay, thats OP.
    (0)

Character
    Darkchris
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    With it going to a cap of 90%, 10% over the normal cap, you would be at 51.3 Delay, thats OP.
    I think if one was to believe that OP then one should also consider why everyone plays Monk and why it's the ONLY job most take seriously for end game(up close DD front line) now. They have so many tools and traits along with their weapon skill power I am not sure why they haven't been hit with the nerf stick. I do digress though as I would like to focus on dark with scythe. I do believe it needs an update and at the very least 5% median considering what we talked about.
    (0)
    Last edited by ChrisChua; 02-11-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Player
    I would sooner give Scythe WSs a boost than upgrade the Aftermath in all honesty. I mean Scythe in general is fairly lackluster where as you are talking about making literally one of the best Aftermaths in the game for Scythe simply even better. The only reason I say decreasing the delay so much is a bad idea is because the lower you make it with such a high DMG weapon the more your DPS goes up, not by any small amount either, you are talking about literally attacking twice as often. If you did that with a 10% cap break I actually don't doubt that WSing would become a DPS loss rather than a gain simply because you would be swinging basically 1 or more times nearly every 85/100ths of a second, ignoring all forms of Double, Triple, or Quadruple Attack which boost up your attack rate to an insane amount.

I won't disagree that Scythe needs an upgrade, I will disagree that this should be the method of such an upgrade and that it would only go to a single weapon, thats all.
    (1)

Character
    Darkchris
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I would sooner give Scythe WSs a boost than upgrade the Aftermath in all honesty. I mean Scythe in general is fairly lackluster where as you are talking about making literally one of the best Aftermaths in the game for Scythe simply even better. The only reason I say decreasing the delay so much is a bad idea is because the lower you make it with such a high DMG weapon the more your DPS goes up, not by any small amount either, you are talking about literally attacking twice as often. If you did that with a 10% cap break I actually don't doubt that WSing would become a DPS loss rather than a gain simply because you would be swinging basically 1 or more times nearly every 85/100ths of a second, ignoring all forms of Double, Triple, or Quadruple Attack which boost up your attack rate to an insane amount.

I won't disagree that Scythe needs an upgrade, I will disagree that this should be the method of such an upgrade and that it would only go to a single weapon, thats all.
    I think everyone agrees scythe needs an update. The simple fact is very few, if any LS, will let you bring a scythe to a serious end game due to the OP of Monk and Samurai. The simple truth is after the iLvl gear so much haste is added on each piece that 10% haste is nothing anymore to lose as it's gained by another slot. The haste is almost a null point in a conversation piece and the healing utility really is the only highlight to stand out. One could say this is great for solo play but they introduced ciphers now to which monk/samurai still would be the better choice. I can't see how it really has a place anymore without being in the RDM abyss of death.

They could possibly change catastrophe haste to be (10%) JA haste and give a bit more power to the fTP and change modifiers. I think that would be a start in the right direction, however, it's going to take a big update to it to be in the league it once was after all these SOA additions.
    (0)
    Last edited by ChrisChua; 02-11-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    This sould be cool!
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast