Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Blue mage Job adjustments

Please remove the 1 minute recast timer between equipping spells, If pup shouldn't have to wait, neither should blu.

Please add 10 blue magic spell points and 5 new slots, because we went from level 99-119 and did not receive any other way to increase these stats, it leaves the job unbalanced versus other magic jobs.

Please add more learnable blue magic for our Eco-system.

With the next version update approaching please consider any of these ideas to be implemented as well.

Blu mages that read this post; please click the star to like this post, so the dev team gets this fixed right away!
    (34)
    Last edited by evanwimbish; 02-04-2014 at 07:02 AM.

Character
    Frankbrodie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    *searches for his new level 100-119 BLM spells without success*

I sort of do actually agree with you if I'm honest.
    BLM can cast all its spells at any time as long as it has MP. Why not BLU?

But the timer is obviously there to stop people being able to switch sets on a whim during battles. For stat boosts etc.
    Even me as a non BLU realises that.
    (12)
    nunc est bibendum

Character
    Colbyonmyspace
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Agreed, Give blue mage the kind of change ability other mage jobs have, its not 2007 anymore!
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Frankbrodie View Post
    *searches for his new level 100-119 BLM spells without success*

I sort of do actually agree with you if I'm honest.
    BLM can cast all its spells at any time as long as it has MP. Why not BLU?

But the timer is obviously there to stop people being able to switch sets on a whim during battles. For stat boosts etc.
    Even me as a non BLU realises that.
    This post makes absolutely no sense! And I'm amazed 6 ppl blindly liked it because you tried to make it look informative but it's not and here is why.

Any blue mage knows that during the 1 min cool down u still get the stat bonus/job trait THE ONLY thing u can't do is cast magic,(unless unbridled learning /unbridled wisdom)which is silly! Fix it SE

Edit; I am aware that if you zone, you don't have to wait the 1 minute so please do not take too long to address this issue saying "we don't know how to fix it" or "this problem is currently being addressed" there is no reason we should have to wait 1 full minute to cast spells, If it HAS to be there, I'd be satisfied with 15-30 sec
    (2)
    Last edited by evanwimbish; 02-04-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by evanwimbish View Post
    Please remove the 1 minute recast timer between equipping spells, If pup shouldn't have to wait, neither should blu.
    You heard it here first, folks. Somebody is claiming that PUP has an unfair advantage over another job.
    (7)

Unlike many other jobs, the 2 main reasons I see is:

1. Lore Related, given state of game now this no longer really matters.
    2. Mechanics.

Blue Mage is still as of today the only mage job that gain traits and attributes from it's Blue Mage upon setting so small delay, while annoying, does actually make sense.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    If the delay were removed, within a week, some industrious code monkey will release a third-party tool that exploits the lack of a delay.

Gaining TP? Equip Triple Attack, Dual Wield III, Accuracy Bonus, and Store TP.
    Doing a self-skillchain? Drop those unnecessary Dual Wield spells, and add Skillchain Bonus.
    Casting a nuke? Who needs Store TP and Triple Attack? Swap those out for Magic Attack Bonus, Fast Cast, and Conserve MP.
    Rotate as needed.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to present a counter-argument. I don't think developers would do this. People seem to forget that these mechanics aren't put in place simply to make us miserable. ... Well, in most cases.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new iLvl ammo item or something that increases our spell capacity in some respect, similar to the tiers of avatar level increases in new SMN gear, but I don't really think it's necessary. Maybe, when you're soloing, you'll be able to equip some more debuffs without dropping offensive traits, but we're already one of the most solo-friendly jobs out there. Party play isn't going to change at all.
    (2)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Blue Mages Spell Point System vs. Spell point costs and A few other Tidbits

I would like to see some equipped job traits by spell's become an always on job traits per level such as dual wield I, II, III, and add in Dual Wield IV & V for Blue Mage's automatically<-{always on) all ready there as one of the job's main traits since a majority of the players would never play the job without Dual-Wielding weapons on the job as a major role as a blue mage. Now when they do the reforged for blue mage gears for this month of February and some relic reforged will be implemented at a later date as my understanding goes; I would also like to see the relic blue "reforged gears" to include Enhances: Dual Wield effect +[number] on the gears as to being able to move the only ear piece I have used to enhance this trait out of the ear gear slot because the trait is all ready included into the blue mage reforged gears to support the job trait as a main instead of a equipped job trait and also to alleviate some spell requirements to leave more room for other spell's as equipable job traits. I would like to see the dev team of creators come up with other area's to be included in the reforged slots, such as back, Ear's->2 earring's slot, the 2 fingers->ring's slot's, and besides the job specific ones to include the ammo slots as reforged armor slot as well as the neck slot but I couldn't remember if the neck slot was all ready included as reforged full set of gears to be included and this will be very interesting to see how they Par the reforged relic gears against the stats of the all ready stats of the Empy Gears. I find it very interesting that Empyrion gears support's some of the job traits that was never included into the blue mages relic gears to which I would like to see come to life into the blue mage's reforging of blue relic gears of the job itself. Well some of the topic may be off topic but you can understand where I was going with this? {yes/no?}
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 02-08-2014 at 07:49 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance2K View Post
    If the delay were removed, within a week, some industrious code monkey will release a third-party tool that exploits the lack of a delay.

Gaining TP? Equip Triple Attack, Dual Wield III, Accuracy Bonus, and Store TP.
    Doing a self-skillchain? Drop those unnecessary Dual Wield spells, and add Skillchain Bonus.
    Casting a nuke? Who needs Store TP and Triple Attack? Swap those out for Magic Attack Bonus, Fast Cast, and Conserve MP.
    Rotate as needed.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to present a counter-argument. I don't think developers would do this. People seem to forget that these mechanics aren't put in place simply to make us miserable. ... Well, in most cases.

I wouldn't mind seeing a new iLvl ammo item or something that increases our spell capacity in some respect, similar to the tiers of avatar level increases in new SMN gear, but I don't really think it's necessary. Maybe, when you're soloing, you'll be able to equip some more debuffs without dropping offensive traits, but we're already one of the most solo-friendly jobs out there. Party play isn't going to change at all.

Boy lot of people have never had to cover all the blu procs in VW, though everyone of the dee dees that like the guy up there are the ones that invite a blu then tells them they are the only one then complains that we had to reset our spells mid fight to get that blu 5 proc.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    Boy lot of people have never had to cover all the blu procs in VW, though everyone of the dee dees that like the guy up there are the ones that invite a blu then tells them they are the only one then complains that we had to reset our spells mid fight to get that blu 5 proc.
    And yet you don't deny what he said would happen lol. As said, it's annoying but the mechanic makes sense. All they have to do is reduce the Blue Magic procs in Voidwatch, but obviously they won't do that.

That's the only true encounter where the delay on spell swapping is a huge hindrance.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast