Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Combo Job Abilities

Since developers are thinking about adding new abilities I'd like to put this one out there: Combo abilities for each job combination. A little more work but if well thought out very rewarding.
    (0)

Character
    Loire
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    Since developers are thinking about adding new abilities I'd like to put this one out there: Combo abilities for each job combination. A little more work but if well thought out very rewarding.
    Like a specific ability for say War/Mnk and an entirely different ability for War/Thf kind of thing?
    (1)

Yeah exactly , they could (and probably would make it a 2hr ability but I was kinda hoping for you know level 15 get a combo ability, level 20 another. Maybe even think of some Combo spells if you have red mage/ blue mage or black mage/scholar, you know?
    (0)

Character
    Loire
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    yeah that would be a good cool concept
    (0)

Character
    Kafrein
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It would certainly help make people experiment more with support job combinations. I play a Blue Mage so I like to experiment, but often times it's just not worth it. I am /DNC most of the time playing solo just because nothing else is as useful. Giving each support job more of a reason to use it would be really fun. One of the things I love about this game is the job system so making people want to experiment more would be great...
    (0)

Character
    Loire
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafrein View Post
    It would certainly help make people experiment more with support job combinations. I play a Blue Mage so I like to experiment, but often times it's just not worth it. I am /DNC most of the time playing solo just because nothing else is as useful. Giving each support job more of a reason to use it would be really fun. One of the things I love about this game is the job system so making people want to experiment more would be great...
    yeah I agree with you, I got /DNC on my BLU aswell for soloing, but if you had say a BLU specific skill with other classes, it would probly help, and yeah as far as classes go, no other game compares....im looking at you ffxiv
    (0)

Bump bump bump
    (0)

While this idea is interesting, there is a possibility that it would reduce the amount of choices players can make when it comes to selecting which support job to use, and this isn't something we would like to have happen. As we don't want to reduce the viable choices players have for support jobs, we would instead like to make adjustments that expand player's support job options.
    (13)
    Robert "Hvinire" Peeler - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    While this idea is interesting, there is a possibility that it would reduce the amount of choices players can make when it comes to selecting which support job to use, and this isn't something we would like to have happen. As we don't want to reduce the viable choices players have for support jobs, we would instead like to make adjustments that expand player's support job options.
    If this is true would you consider giving at least level 1 dual wield to more jobs? Right now with the difference between dual wield and no dual wield is very large for many jobs - meaning only DNC or NIN can effectively be subbed. Wouldn't it be better if people could choose to sub dancer because they want to use waltzes etc rather than because they need dual wield to be competitive?

Please consider at least adding Dual Wield 1 to Beastmaster, Red mage, and Bard.

Bard doesn't get any benefit from single wielding, meaning there is no benefit almost ever to using daggers over staves... even though daggers are our main weapon.

Beastmaster's shield selection is crappy so it loses out big time if it doesn't get the extra TP/damage/stats from DW
    (11)
    Last edited by Olor; 02-07-2014 at 09:39 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    Ah, in what way could it possibly limit choices? I suggested it to expand our choices. After all if I have a cool job ability for, say dark knight/ corsair and another for dark knight/ red mage I would be more inclined to do both of them instead of dark knight/ warrior all the time. Enlighten me, how could it limit our support job possibilities any more than they are limited right now?
    (3)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast