Player

Laevateinn Magic Affinity

So why am I starting a thread about Laevateinn and then throwing up a picture of Nirvana you ask? Simple, this is how a real Mythic looks compared to its fellow weapons, this staff has more -Perp cost and increase your Blood Pact Damage more than any other staff in the game and that's without even including the fact that this weapon also gives 2 extra levels to your avatar that can be gotten no where else. This staff is simply put, a god among SMN staves. Now compare that to the BLM Mythic.

This staff is also a beast among its kind, however, by compare it was not done the same justice. While this staff is supreme when it comes to lower tier spells, and we surely use them more so than higher tier spells now days, it is not the same kind of powerhouse that the Nirvana is in its field. I feel as though rather than doing just the standard Magic Damage and Magic Accuracy inclusions, there should be an additional Magic Affinity added to this staff.

The only staves that beat this one are the Trials of Magian Staves and that is due to the fact that they have a ton of affinity, on lower tier spells the % boost is hardly worth while by compare to the insane Magic Damage boost, but when it comes to higher tiers, that flips around and the Mythic is no longer better unless you use Elemental Seal. I propose that they reduce the Magic Attack Bonus on this staff from 60 to only 30, which is 2 higher than the Venablum, or remove it entirely, but at the same time give this staff Affinity: Magic Damage+7.

This change would assert it at the very top for all spells no matter their tier or element, making it truly the perfect BLM staff just as Nirvana is for SMN. I also think the same should be done for SCH though their affinity should be 6 rather than 7 so that they are still weaker than a BLM, which is how it should be and balanced as the job has so many tools BLM does not.

Please consider this change, Nirvana was given a % DMG increase to Blood Pacts, that Staff will never be outdated because of that really, it is under no threat, by doing the same for BLM you are giving it the same assurances.
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Mythic Weapons really should be the Apex Weapons, however, we don't know what they have planned moving forward with the iLvL system.
    I would imagine that this is not the last time the Mythics will be adjusted.
    I disagree with reducing/removing the MAB on the staff, but the enhances Elemental Seal can go away in my opinion.
    Sense I sadly have never had one of these (yet) I do not know if there is any hidden +int on it, but some thing that could improve imo is to add some INT to it to help put that distance between the monsters and the cast giving the spells more dmg. Adding a Elemental Magic Affinity +7 would def be a good idea as you stated. We as blm don't need aftermath that is attacks twice or thrice, why not make the aftermath reduce elemental magic casting speed and/or reduce MP cost of elemental magic by 20% or something along those lines.
    :3 that is my 2 cents about it :3 I have tried to work towards this mythic several times, but sadly never could get a group to help, and now that you can basically solo it I don't have the time to play lol maybe one day I'll have it maybe.
    (0)

Player
    I definitely like your ideas, in all honesty I don't like the idea of getting rid of MAB either, it just seems fitting since with SMN they did just that, they removed the MAB for your Avatar and gave it a straight % so I figured it would likely be the same here. That being said, unique Aftermath, some INT, same MAB as now, would be awesome, the only thing I don't want is to lose Elemental Seal, while I know its not something you commonly use it is something that works wonders for Meteor which is great for things like AAs if you take 3~4 BLMs.
    (0)