Thread: 73 Beitetsu

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

73 Beitetsu

I have 73 of these things. They do me no good because everyone has so many. Let me get this straight, you're bending over backwards go give jerks who are exclusive about inviting people to their events things they need to upgrade their exclusive weapons but regular players can't even get a break on making the base items? What kind of crap is this?

Relics are unobtainable because of the ridiculous restrictions of dynamis that make it impossible to get enough zone wins/currency to make them.

Mythics are unobtainable because of all of the ridiculous restrictions of assault that make it impossible to climb nyzul isle and get enough materials to make them.

Emps are unobtainable because to get through abyssea content you still need at least 3 people to properly proc/kill something.

I think I'm going to take these 73 Beitetsu and feed them to a moogle. I hope he chokes on them.
    (6)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    I think I'm going to take these 73 Beitetsu and feed them to a moogle. I hope he chokes on them.
    Oh, sure. Blame the Moogle.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    Relics are unobtainable because of the ridiculous restrictions of dynamis that make it impossible to get enough zone wins/currency to make them.
    What? Since when was a Relic unobtainable? Since when did Dynamis have impossible restrictions that make it impossible to get currency? You can farm 300+ currency solo on a few jobs I believe, at 300/day you are looking at roughly 2 months to make a Relic, that may be time taking or annoying but it's far from impossible.

Mythics are unobtainable because of all of the ridiculous restrictions of assault that make it impossible to climb nyzul isle and get enough materials to make them.
    I agree with this to some extent, the Kings are not mentioned even though they are one of the largest issues, but Assaults are the second largest and then comes Alexandrite which I am surprised weren't mentioned either, in either case, I agree they need changed some.

Emps are unobtainable because to get through abyssea content you still need at least 3 people to properly proc/kill something.
    Abyssea has nothing to do with the true difficulty when it comes to Empyreans, it's all about the Voidwatch, Heavy Metal, Riftcinder, and Riftdross, if you think Abyssea is a roadblock then you have no idea what sort of hell awaits anyone attempting to create an Empyrean weapon and take it to 119.
    (14)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    What? Since when was a Relic unobtainable? Since when did Dynamis have impossible restrictions that make it impossible to get currency? You can farm 300+ currency solo on a few jobs I believe, at 300/day you are looking at roughly 2 months to make a Relic, that may be time taking or annoying but it's far from impossible.
    Well he's right that getting Xarcabard access isn't that easy.
    (2)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Relics are very obtainable. Soloable if you want to buy your marrows even.

Mythics while time consuming, are now soloable (for the most part) as well. While you might get unlucky with Nyzul if you try that, chances are someone else either needs tokens or blue magic that will help. The HNM part may be the most challenging thing about this.

Depending on the emp, this is also soloable, or at the very least duoable. I do agree that either procs need to be adjusted or key items made a guarantee, when I'm pulling 10k+ victory smites on Orthus... on puppetmaster, the content can hardly be called unobtainable.

Remember, R/E/M are supposed to be legendary weapons. I think SE has given us pretty good viable alternatives like wkr, skirmish, delve, and roe weapons with merittable weaponskills, plus the ability to unlock mythic ws and now empyrean.

At least you can theoretically sell beitetsu... I wouldn't recommend feeding them to a moogle ,_.
    (3)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Well he's right that getting Xarcabard access isn't that easy.
    Not easy but a bst can solo to xarc. Seen blu do it too. And people go in there killing enough it's pretty easy to shout up a couple of jobs
    (3)

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivivivi View Post
    Relics are very obtainable. Soloable if you want to buy your marrows even.

Mythics while time consuming, are now soloable (for the most part) as well. While you might get unlucky with Nyzul if you try that, chances are someone else either needs tokens or blue magic that will help. The HNM part may be the most challenging thing about this.

Depending on the emp, this is also soloable, or at the very least duoable. I do agree that either procs need to be adjusted or key items made a guarantee, when I'm pulling 10k+ victory smites on Orthus... on puppetmaster, the content can hardly be called unobtainable.

Remember, R/E/M are supposed to be legendary weapons. I think SE has given us pretty good viable alternatives like wkr, skirmish, delve, and roe weapons with merittable weaponskills, plus the ability to unlock mythic ws and now empyrean.

At least you can theoretically sell beitetsu... I wouldn't recommend feeding them to a moogle ,_.
    Releics are not soloable. Wins in dynamis are impossible to solo because of instant death and there is no way to gather that much currency unless you spend years. There is no way to make money to buy items because all the items worth selling take a party to acquire.

You can't unlock Mythics without climbing nyzul isle. It is impossible to climb because of lamp floors. Daily assault restrictions also hinder this and the alexandrite.

the equipment you're talking about to get that WS damage and the WS itself are impossible to solo.

beitetsu can not be sold because no one wants to buy them. the market has been flooded with help for players who are assholes while people struggling to get by are ignored.
    (2)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Not easy but a bst can solo to xarc. Seen blu do it too. And people go in there killing enough it's pretty easy to shout up a couple of jobs
    I have been playing FFXI over 9 years. Shouting has not helped me assemble a winning party. Ever. I have not had a party that filled when I shouted for over 3 years. So no, shouting does not work.
    (1)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Dynamis wins are soloable. On pet jobs or rune fencer- I have in fact soloed Dynamis Lord on rune fencer. It doesn't mean I recommend it- the game is always more fun with other people, I'm just saying if push comes to shove, you can solo a relic (including buying some of your currency). I casually worked towards making an aegis and it took one year, farming currency a few times a week, and by doing other Gil generating content like void watch, salvage, and delve (when airlixirs were profitable).
    (0)

Character
    Caradog
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Relics - easily soloable and have been since pre-Adoulin, practically all 75 wins are easily soloable, possibly with the exception of Beau (chainspell+death could be tricky...), any pet job will rip the other bosses apart or any job /dnc to stun the death spell, as for farming currency, these are supposed to be the pinnicle of weapons, getting them with a week of effort really wouldn't fit.

Mythics - Only issue I see here is the six-man requirement on einherjar & possibly the spawn time on kings. Assaults/Salvage are all pretty much soloable now.

Empyreans - Not sure what you mean by needing three exactly, only issue I have with these is the plate/cinder requirement, which is only an issue as long as people aren't doing voidwatch, perhaps SE need to do something to make voidwatch more appealing to the playerbase once again. As for the farming abyssea, I've personally got six emps and solo'd them almost in their entirety as Paladin, so "requiring" three people really isn't an issue (this was actually prior to adoulin, so I'd reckon its more of a joke now than ever).
    (1)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast