Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Player
    and so is the PDT, subtle blow, and STR from the black belt. My point is people always saying now "with all the haste gear there is for monk now you can hit haste cap without blackbelt, blah, blah and forgetting about the other stats blackbelt bring to the table.

Blackbelts an awesome gear piece because not only of the haste but the other stats it brings. Alot of jobs have to swap belts for things like haste, ws, PDT, etc. where blackbelt has a nice mixture of alot of useful things
    (0)

Same on all servers then... my BB hopes are dwindelling. I was seriously considering a swap just to get my BB.

I've seen LS's kill fafnir/nidhogg over and over, and Adamantoise has never been seen within a reasonable GMT timezone...

So far I've spent 500 KS on those KSNM's and not seen a drop, so yeah, getting the BB hurts, especially when someone has it, and your in the same pty, and they don't even know how the job works. Seriously, I've met a 90MNK with a BB and yet his gaurd skill wasn't even over 100... may Enix have mercy on us all.
    (0)
    Guarding 207 - Goldsmithing 30 - Cooking 30 - Smithing 30

Maybe it's time to stop killing mandy's...

Character
    Denabond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Musahashi View Post
    Same on all servers then... my BB hopes are dwindelling. I was seriously considering a swap just to get my BB.

I've seen LS's kill fafnir/nidhogg over and over, and Adamantoise has never been seen within a reasonable GMT timezone...

So far I've spent 500 KS on those KSNM's and not seen a drop, so yeah, getting the BB hurts, especially when someone has it, and your in the same pty, and they don't even know how the job works. Seriously, I've met a 90MNK with a BB and yet his gaurd skill wasn't even over 100... may Enix have mercy on us all.
    In his defense, Guard doesn't do much to begin with, so even if its low it doesn't mean hes a bad mnk. Now if the rest of his gear is horrible, then we would have a problem.....
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Musahashi View Post

if you basing a good monk on their guard skill i >< at that. We all know guard skills up very slowly for one, for two its proc rate is so low might as well not even have guard. Guard skill dont make the monk my friend.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Lol at comparing guard skill to monk competence.
    (0)

Surely guard counts for alot, as I got to at least 160 gaurd just getting some semi-decent gear, the rest I did because I wanted to. I'm sure every decent player has got the same in their own skills?

Or am I missing the point that since abyssea, every new monk has gone up 30-90 via abyssea, and then had all their gear obtained via LS's and the other jobs they have...

Looks like monk is going to become the new ninja isn't it...
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Guard doesn't count for anything.

When I leveled monk, when I hit 75, it was 96? A year or two later, I skilled went out and actively skilled it. When I started that, it was still only 120-130 tops when I started skilling.

So yea, a naturally leveled mnk dinging the natural way to 75 and only 96, lol.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    Lol at comparing guard skill to monk competence.
    ^^

"hey whats your guard skill"
    "150"
    "oh you a bad mnk then"
    (0)

Character
    Denabond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    Having higher guard doesn't mean your a better mnk, it just means you have been tanking more then him. It doesn't directly increase how much damage you do. I will also point out that when i dinged 75 on mnk years ago, i had like 100 Guard skill. I was still a good DD, but i just avoided getting hate as much.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Denabond View Post
    Having higher guard doesn't mean your a better mnk, it just means you have been tanking more then him. It doesn't directly increase how much damage you do. I will also point out that when i dinged 75 on mnk years ago, i had like 100 Guard skill. I was still a good DD, but i just avoided getting hate as much.
    Who said guard had anything to do with damage? lol!

I'll clarify what I meant by my post.

All decent semi/decent gear for monk is obtained through NM's, events or crafting. I solo'd pretty much everything getting the semi/decent gear I have now, and in doing so, my guard got to 160 before I decided to actively skill it up.

What Im taking from your posts, Is you either got spoon fed your gear, didn't bother with it, or had full alliances to help you all the time. Monk was never a loved job before abyssea, and I spent far too much time doing things solo or duo-ing because no sane whm would ever want a mnk in the pty.

So yeah, solo or at least duo everything up to the 80's for gear, and you'll find that if your guard skill started out under 100, it won't stay that way.
    (0)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast