Hybrid View

Character
    Shenul
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Campaign is an uphill battle

I don't know about other servers, but on mine campaign participation has dwindled to the point where the Beastmen control the majority of both continents. Because of this, Fiat Lux is no longer accessible, and most of the campaign battles that are available are "whack at the fortification for a while", which isn't fun for most people.

How many people would it take doing campaign in order to swing the tide of battle in the favor of the players again? Without a dedicated shell to campaign, is it even possible to experience this content like when Wings of the Goddess was in full swing?

Dev team, is there any way adjustments can be made to Campaign to make it easier for the NPCs to maintain about half of their territory instead of just their city with no player interaction? They don't need to take all the territories, but each nation should hold about 3~4 territories on their own. Their town, the area right outside, the outpost outside Jeuno (Garliage, Eldimine, Crawler's), and one more randomly in the field seems to be a good spread, and that way there's both types of campaign battles.
    (8)

I haven't seen a beastmen stronghold under allied control since Abyssea fully released my server, though I've seen JPs trying to get enough influence to take them over, but they always seem to be one zone short when the tally happens. It's also hard to get enough credit in a Union in one battle to get any good drops from it. Can't really do any of the old boss battles against beastmen leaders with Abyssea and Adoulin killing the participation in Campaign, and a single LS can't contribute enough to conquer all the zones in a week when the update happens when a lot of the players are asleep.
    (1)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It would be nice if they revamped this content and added better drops.
    (1)

Greetings,

Producer Matsui Akihiko recently commented that though it’s something planned for the future, we will be making it so Trust alter egos can be summoned in areas where there are campaign battles. The development team is also looking into whether they can implement a lot of the feedback players have suggested up until now around the same time, such as boosting the regional effects when winning a campaign battle.
    (15)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Producer Matsui Akihiko recently commented that though it’s something planned for the future, we will be making it so Trust alter egos can be summoned in areas where there are campaign battles. The development team is also looking into whether they can implement a lot of the feedback players have suggested up until now around the same time, such as boosting the regional effects when winning a campaign battle.
    Oh dear GOD in heaven.....
    Maybe for once since... 2009(?)... 2010(?).... Allied forces might control the Throne Room and those BCNMs might be doable again. (I know SE just gave out free SE Shadowlord rewards... but not everyone picked them and not everyone was existing for that and tastes might have changed in subsequent months etc etc etc)
    It's really kinda lame for a whole swath of content to be blisted just because it's nigh impossible to control the proper areas in the past today.
    (2)

6. 02-28-2014 06:44 AM

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

We will be making it so Trust alter egos can be summoned in areas where there are campaign battles.
    Just what we needed, more lag in Campaign Battles.
    (0)

The problem that most campaign battles have is that both Sandy and Bastok have a disadvantage compared to Windy. The enemies possess Diamond Shell (Quadav) which makes it impossible to do damage from behind, and most NPC are stupid and won't change position; while Orcish Counterstance (Orcs) will destroy a full battalion with counter attack damage alone. The other disadvantage is, that to my knowledge, the allied forces can't train their Healer to nearly be as effect as the Beastmens' with the AoE Buff and Phalanx
    (5)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Or some didnt even recieve their codes for such rewards, like me... Campaign has been very bad. Just spent over an hour in one battle cause I couldnt solo kill every member of the beastman armies before more would show up. Sandy only had ronfarue and sandy itself so i guess every beastman was goin to ronfarue and not the city. eventually 2 others showed up and we manage to end it. Windy only had the city and bastok had a few more zones but i dont remember how many. But yes for god's sake please let us somehow take over more regions cause soloers (cause there is never more than 3 people in any battle these days) cant ever win regions back, or at least enough to unlock some of these campaign battles that drop nice items we will never see again otherwisse (roundel earring for example)
    (1)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Let campaign reward us with heavy metal plates/pouches.
    (11)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast