Page 233 of 297 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2962
    Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Reason people are 6 boxing+ now is simple, greed. SE has added countless systems that REWARD multiple account players. Delve, Abyssea pop sets, Sparks etc. One system after the next simply handing out free gil per account.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I agree with you, broadly speaking. But also remember that in 2004, players were soloing to level 75 on BST, not relying on other players. Also, the cliques you mentioned, they existed in 2004 too.

I don't blame multi-boxers, so long as they're running vanilla FFXI code.

I don't think server merges would accomplish anything, in terms of making new friends or engaging in group content.

The level 75 era was successful, because most of Vana'diel is geared towards level 75 co-operative group play.

With level 99, and 119, most of Vana'diel became <Too weak> and did not require co-operative group play.

The great thing about level 75, was making new friends in Exp Parties. A new player was basically forced to team up, be polite / courteous, and make friends.

Obviously we all have nightmare stories about LFP and terrible failga Exp Parties.

But I also have stories about awesome Exp Parties, on my long road to level 75, meeting really awesome new friends. I would never have made those new friends if I had not been forced to turn my party flag on.

People say that they are older / too busy IRL these days, to do all of that level 75 stuff. I respect and understand their opinion.

But, I had more fun in the level 75 days. I met thousands of new people, made so many great new friends, and experienced real white-knuckle, life-or-death, excitement / thrills, even in the most basic mundane Exp Party.

What I will also say, is that I still love Vana'diel in 2021. It is still the place where I feel most at home.

Vana'diel is so very beautiful to me, in 2021, just as it was in 2004.

Also, I am very happy that FFXI is still online in 2021, and I salute the Dev Team for working so hard to keep bringing new content and fun campaigns.

FFXI will always be the greatest computer-game in the world, and Vana'diel will always be in my heart, forever.
    Didn't mean to quote all of this but just the part about server merges. I don't think merging servers now would do anything either, i was simply saying if SE merged the dead servers back when they all 1st started dying then there would still be people on other servers at this point like i said, its too late.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Everyone is running "vanilla XI code."
    No add on in existence changes the code, that isn't even possible. And literally all multiboxers are using some tool, because it's necessary to run more than one instance of the game.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Everyone is running "vanilla XI code."
    No add on in existence changes the code, that isn't even possible. And literally all multiboxers are using some tool, because it's necessary to run more than one instance of the game.
    You can multibox with multiple PCs or in virtual machines on the same PC.

Even so, your pedantry added absolutely nothing to the thread.
    (3)
    It's your server.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Reason people are 6 boxing+ now is simple, greed. SE has added countless systems that REWARD multiple account players. Delve, Abyssea pop sets, Sparks etc. One system after the next simply handing out free gil per account.
    Would you be prepared to pay $20 subscription to offset the losses of all the multiboxers or are you greedy?
    (0)

6. 05-20-2021 01:52 AM
    Reason
    Decided to take my own advice

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Ahead of the 20th Anni. What do you want the focus of FFXI to be?
    Matsui: The Voracious Resurgence is our main focus but we also want to release job adjustments within the year [my assumption is this means FFXI years, as in 19th year vs. 20th Anni year].

Fujito: Voracious Resurgence, Job adjustments, a concrete plan for storage, putting out any fires that come up along the way (As they inevtibly do). All leading up to the big fireworks show that the 20th Anni will be!

Matsui: now is a good time to come back. Enjoy the new missions. Help out each other on the assist channel you scrubs!
    Yes, more missions. Thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Would you be prepared to pay $20 subscription to offset the losses of all the multiboxers or are you greedy?
    Did I mention I wanted them gone? I was simply explaining why its being done. People are older now with more expendable income and they are playing by themselves out of greed to get things faster and in more quantity. Not hard for anyone to understand that concept. I think its a loss of revenue on SE's part for not having a cash shop, just looking at XIV and how many people bought that new whale mount due to the expansion hype. Wow, they must have made tons of money just off one mount that probably took them 10 minutes to make.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Did I mention I wanted them gone? I was simply explaining why its being done.
    On the internet, explaining something must mean you're advocating for it. There's no such thing as nuance or context.
    (1)
    It's your server.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    On the internet, why bother worrying? We are more English players and less Japanese players. Different cultures.
    (0)

Character
    Joechronic
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Please make a final fantasy 11 classic server. I want to see ff11 come back to consoles (ps5,xbox,switch). Plus our ff11 and ff14 subscriptions combined. I wanna see final fantasy 11 prosper again!
    (0)

Page 233 of 297 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 ... LastLast