Page 232 of 297 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2962
    Character
    Icilies
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Team,

I would like to put in a request for some sort of enhancement to the Linkshell system.

As someone who helps run a decent size linkshell on Asura I can tell you the existing system does not have many advantages outside being proud to wear your respective linkshell pearl. In the past the linkshell served as a means to mainly communicate. With technology where it is this is no longer the case. Discord and other platforms serve as a more effective way to experience the game in a group.

I feel as we get more and more content that requires group play we have not received any update to the system in which promotes long term collaboration amongst players. To be honest this has been true throughout the existence of the game itself.

While I'm not exactly sure what features or what limitations there; here are a few ideas

- Roles
    - Perk system (Potentially utilizing the RoE system?) that unlock perks similar to the gifts from Rhapsodies
    - Better system of advertising linkshell in game

I personally see a lot of complaints that the game just feels lonely now. I truly believe if there was a re-investment into the systems that actually build communities it would inspire more people to go out and create organized linkshells. This would provide more homes for returning players and incentives to be active in those linkshells.

Just my two cents.

- Icilies of Asura
    (0)

Player
    I think the game is lonely because everyone runs multiple accounts and only plays within their personal cliques, and if you aren't in that clique they don't play with you. Communities use to be built around the need for other players to accomplish anything, most of that need has been taking away by multiboxing and trusts. Take away the need for other players and noone will team up let alone talk to anyone most of the time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jdove; 05-18-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    How do you propose to fix multi boxing issue?
    (0)

Player
    Quit multi-boxing. IDK. If they woulda merged servers when they started dying out years ago instead of milking transfers for money, people probably wouldn't have made other accounts because the servers woulda still been reasonably populated, but since there was no merge they stayed on their dead servers with no one to play with so they made alts to use to replace real people, til finally they jumped the gun to asura then brought all 6 accounts with em. Anyways point is SE caused it themselves and its never gonna be fixed because too little too late.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jdove; 05-18-2021 at 09:20 AM.

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Would be great if you could create a gearset, then store the storable pieces away. When you use a macro to switch to that gearset, instead of having to have had the actual items loaded, it just applies the pre-confirmed stats that are saved to the gearset.

Granted, a lot of gear is now augmented and a lot of other gear isn't storable in the first place, but the concept of saving stats to a gearset rather than gear items could be some sort of solution to the inventory/long load time issues.
    (1)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdove View Post
    Communities use to be built around the need for other players to accomplish anything.
    I agree with you, broadly speaking. But also remember that in 2004, players were soloing to level 75 on BST, not relying on other players. Also, the cliques you mentioned, they existed in 2004 too.

I don't blame multi-boxers, so long as they're running vanilla FFXI code.

I don't think server merges would accomplish anything, in terms of making new friends or engaging in group content.

The level 75 era was successful, because most of Vana'diel is geared towards level 75 co-operative group play.

With level 99, and 119, most of Vana'diel became <Too weak> and did not require co-operative group play.

The great thing about level 75, was making new friends in Exp Parties. A new player was basically forced to team up, be polite / courteous, and make friends.

Obviously we all have nightmare stories about LFP and terrible failga Exp Parties.

But I also have stories about awesome Exp Parties, on my long road to level 75, meeting really awesome new friends. I would never have made those new friends if I had not been forced to turn my party flag on.

People say that they are older / too busy IRL these days, to do all of that level 75 stuff. I respect and understand their opinion.

But, I had more fun in the level 75 days. I met thousands of new people, made so many great new friends, and experienced real white-knuckle, life-or-death, excitement / thrills, even in the most basic mundane Exp Party.

What I will also say, is that I still love Vana'diel in 2021. It is still the place where I feel most at home.

Vana'diel is so very beautiful to me, in 2021, just as it was in 2004.

Also, I am very happy that FFXI is still online in 2021, and I salute the Dev Team for working so hard to keep bringing new content and fun campaigns.

FFXI will always be the greatest computer-game in the world, and Vana'diel will always be in my heart, forever.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdove View Post
    I think the game is lonely because everyone runs multiple accounts and only plays within their personal cliques, and if you aren't in that clique they don't play with you. Communities use to be built around the need for other players to accomplish anything, most of that need has been taking away by multiboxing and trusts. Take away the need for other players and noone will team up let alone talk to anyone most of the time.
    The game has always been like that, outside of xp parties. You have to make an effort to make friends with people, it won't come to you.

The game as it was 10-15 years ago was a product of the times, you can't force people to play together in 2021. They will just quit. Multiboxing isn't an issue, those people are solo players anyway and if they could not multibox they would not be playing.
    (0)

Player
    Put a 6 months limit on black list entries, when it's perma people just fill it up and are too lazy to delete them so complain they want more.
    (0)

Player
    I think I've probably suggested this before but I'll do so again:

Add storage options that only show and can only be accessed to mog house floor 2.

This way, we can get a lot of extra storage space and it won't have to load in the real world, the extra loading time when you zone sucks and we need space that isn't directly linked to gear like mog wardrobes.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yes and no, multi-boxing players have their reasons differently. For me, some players don't find cp party, REMA grinding, escutcheons, etc that fun to play. It's like I am being forced to write "I have to practice my job" on the chalkboard for two thousands and one hundred times just to be so sure I totally learned my job. It's ridiculous and a waste of time. You don't have to be mastered to play the endgame content with us. I am in one of the largest endgame linkshells that doing content together daily/weekly if anyone wants to join.
    (0)

Page 232 of 297 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 282 ... LastLast