Page 267 of 297 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 2962
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Also can we get a boost on daily points for gobbie box, 10 points per day when it costs 50 to open special dial sucks. At least make it 25.

It acts as a fomo reason to login and remain engaged, when people run out of points it's not working.
    I have over 25k, & only plays during return campaign. Go figure... lol
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Also can we get a boost on daily points for gobbie box, 10 points per day when it costs 50 to open special dial sucks. At least make it 25.

It acts as a fomo reason to login and remain engaged, when people run out of points it's not working.
    There's already an engagement mechanism attached to that though. Players are expected to go out and do things to find items that they can feed to the chest for up to 50 tally points back.

For a mule, that's a huge ask, but for a played account it's as easy as running to a curio moogle and buying a coffer key.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I have tens of thousands of daily tally, even if I make a habit of using it every day it will take literally years to spend them all. This is only an issue with a new character if you actually made a point of opening the box as often as possible.
    (0)

Player
    True but this only happens if you don't open the box for a long time (or take breaks for years), you use 5 times more points to open it than you get a day so if you open it fairly regularly you're going to run out of points. There is a system to negate the cost but it's an annoyance and it's locked behind mission progress.

It depends how you look at this box as a developer:

Is it a random luck based reward with no greater goals? This seems to be how they view it.

Is it a habit forming system designed to keep you logging in? I've played a ton of f2p games and whether they intended it or not it is a habit forming system to get you to login, I've had days where I was busy and had no intention to play and I logged in for 5 mins to open the box. The way it's currently designed, it's not performing that role for new players.

Let's say I'm a new player, I make a character and I can't use the box for 45 days (this is fine). During those 45 days I will accumulate 450 points, on that day I open the box and it costs 50 points. Within less than a week I will have used up all my points, and then will only be able to open the box once every 5 days.

This is not habit forming, this is not working as intended. I'll be more likely to not bother with it at all unless I can do it every day and get into the habit.

---

If you want to see the gobby box as a revenue source for alts, again it's the same in that people are not going to be incentivized from paying for alts when they can open the box so infrequently.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    During those 45 days I will accumulate 450 points, on that day I open the box and it costs 50 points. Within less than a week I will have used up all my points, and then will only be able to open the box once every 5 days.
    Your math is a little off here.
    450 points from the first day to unlocking it (does it actually count the time before you can first access it?) equals 9 uses of the box. in 9 days, you'll earn 90 more points, earning you another use, and the following day you'll get another 10 points which will bring your total to zero. So you can actually go 10 days of using it every day.

But most people don't check it every day. I know I didn't, and combined with days I didn't play and various periods of time I wasn't active, led me to have tons of points banked.

Considering the special dial can drop the vast majority of items that exist in the game all the way from utter crap to extremely valuable, I think it's fine how it is.
    (0)

Player
    Point remains the same.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As does mine.

And suggesting that it was designed as a revenue source for alts is silly. Nothing in this game is specifically designed because they want people to make alts. I know I'm not going to make more alts just to get more items from the gobbie box, nor would I do so for any other reason other than "I just want to make a new character" or "I need an alt for storage" (Which I don't. I made one years ago but have basically not used it in at least a decade).
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-11-2022 at 02:50 AM.

Player
    If they designed it better by just giving more points then more people would open it every day, and due to how our brains work that's something they should be doing.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If they designed it better by just giving more points then more people would open it every day, and due to how our brains work that's something they should be doing.
    Players will open it because they have the chance at items worth tens of millions of gil in it or more.
    (0)

Player
    Make all upgraded AF/Relic/Emp gear that is upgraded to the first stage from 109 to 119 as standard, the number of times I see players roaming around in 109 gear is depressing. Sparks gear is 117 and takes ZERO effort to obtain, when the amount of effort is higher the gear should be 119.

You're just crippling new and returning players who don't have a solid understanding how Ilevel works with how it is.

I see people all the time in 109 af3 gear and they don't understand they are massively deleveling themselves and their trusts wearing this gear they put hours into obtaining.

This game has way too many newbie traps.
    (0)

Page 267 of 297 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 ... LastLast