Page 278 of 297 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 276 277 278 279 280 288 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 2962
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    If you don't buy/exchange for items until you need them, they don't take up inventory space. If you want to tell me that people lstockpile ambuscade items without the gear they upgrade, okay, fine.
    The game gives single upgrade items as rewards for total hallmarks, and sometimes people don't earn quite enough points all of the upgrade mats. It would be a waste to throw away up to 9 fibers/metals just because you didn't earn enough points that month.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Make the ambu NPC able to hold the doodads for you just like Shami, the AF upgrader, etc. Problem solved.
    Yes, that's more or less what the person you were arguing with had suggested.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    The game gives single upgrade items as rewards for total hallmarks, and sometimes people don't earn quite enough points all of the upgrade mats. It would be a waste to throw away up to 9 fibers/metals just because you didn't earn enough points that month.

Yes, that's more or less what the person you were arguing with had suggested.
    I was reacting specifically to the "More inventory space" statement.

I'll be frank, I don't think this is a problem. There's usually not a reason to buy the items before you need them. It doesn't take so much ambuscade (unless you're exclusively soloing Normal ambuscade at less than the highest difficulty, perhaps) that you can't wait til you have the necessary points, unless you're trying to do this at the last minute, in which case my advice would be "don't do things at the last minute."

They could put storage on an NPC like we said, but given that I don't really think it's necessary, i'd rather see those limited dev resources go towards other things.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-20-2022 at 07:36 AM.

Player
    FFXI is unlike most other mmorpgs, gear has more situational uses, the cosmetic and furnishing system eats inventory and gear also has major sentimental value.

I can never get rid of my all jobs refresh subligar, cause sometimes I'm rocking /whm when messing about.
    I can never get rid of my optical hat, sky or king gear, since it has major sentimental value to me.
    I can save 80 spaces from furnishings, but I enjoy having a decorated mog house.
    I can mule all my cosmetic sets, but I enjoy making and swapping between those cosmetic armor sets.

Every mmorpg I've ever played, gear was worthless when a better set came out. The moment I got something better I threw the previous, XI is different.

They can't keep increasing inventory space because the game has R/E checks and other things, they can however let us mule more materials at a bare minimum. We should be able to mule ambuscade and omen upgrade stuff (which is also paid storage btw)
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    "gear also has major sentimental value."

If it has "sentimental value" then you put it in storage instead of throwing it away. That's why we have the event storage NPC for event items, etc.
    But my ire is mainly for people who keep and carry every little thing, like random monster drops "I might craft with it later!" (they won't), stuff that can be stored on NPCs, buyable gear that's easily reobtainable in the unlikely event they actually need/want it again, etc.

I have like at least 150~ storage spaces free across all on-character systems, and I could probably free at least 20-30 more from stuff that can be stored that I just haven't gotten around to storing, or discarded because I'm really never going to use it- stuff like cards and jewels from abyssea for jobs I don't play.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I had a Blau Dolch I was sentimental about once. I got rid of it when I realized I was being foolish holding on to something for a decade I would never use again. Game doesn't need to a accommodate our momentos. It only needs to accommodate holding the items we intend to use.
    (0)

Player
    The reason something has sentimental value and you want to keep it on your character is becasue when looking for something you sometimes flip past it, and there is a moment of reminiscence (that you can skip past cause you're busy or fixate on for a bit if you're not). It's like someone that has a large book of photographs in a cupboard they bring out once a year (storing all your things on alts), compared to someone that takes a picture from that album and puts it on the table near the kitchen door. When I flip past my BLM Relic hat I am reminded of so many friends from my first Dyna LS and the simple action of seeing it in my inventory can trigger a wave of memories about them and that time (it's also a cool cosmetic too) that would never normally happen because modern living keeps our brains fixated on nonsense from youtube or social media etc.

I've played lots of mmorpgs, XI is the only one where items have sentimental value like this.

Anyway the point is that Omen and Ambuscade materials should be allowed to be sent to alts, even if you don't like the reasons listed there is no reason to not agree with that being allowed when it's so easy to change. Omen is especially disgraceful with the scales etc
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The reason something has sentimental value and you want to keep it on your character is becasue when looking for something you sometimes flip past it, and there is a moment of reminiscence (that you can skip past cause you're busy or fixate on for a bit if you're not). It's like someone that has a large book of photographs in a cupboard they bring out once a year (storing all your things on alts), compared to someone that takes a picture from that album and puts it on the table near the kitchen door. When I flip past my BLM Relic hat I am reminded of so many friends from my first Dyna LS and the simple action of seeing it in my inventory can trigger a wave of memories about them and that time (it's also a cool cosmetic too) that would never normally happen because modern living keeps our brains fixated on nonsense from youtube or social media etc.

I've played lots of mmorpgs, XI is the only one where items have sentimental value like this.

Anyway the point is that Omen and Ambuscade materials should be allowed to be sent to alts, even if you don't like the reasons listed there is no reason to not agree with that being allowed when it's so easy to change. Omen is especially disgraceful with the scales etc
    Your virtual cupboard is your choice, and you aren't getting it both ways in XI. Use a mule to hold it or let go.
    (0)

Player
    original point was:

Anyway the point is that Omen and Ambuscade materials should be allowed to be sent to alts
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    original point was:
    Last i checked the original point was "let us store them."

Progression items like this absolutely should not be transferrable to alts.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    False correlation. You're sentemential about items in this game because you've played it the most. If you played those other MMORPGs as long as you've played FFXI, it's a virtual guarantee you'd feel the same way about certain items in those other games.

I have lots of stuff with sentimental value in FFXIV, particularly legacy stuff that no one else can obtain anymore. That is owed to me having played the game way back when when trash was not the most unkind word you could use to describe it. And obviously it's far better now than it was then.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-24-2022 at 04:20 PM.

Page 278 of 297 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 276 277 278 279 280 288 ... LastLast