Page 73 of 297 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Remove the 30FPS cap for the PC version and unlink the last few remaining things from framerate such as loading zones and models (there are videos on youtupe of the game running with an unlocked framerate, zones and models load faster and full shadows are faster, apparently those things are locked to the framerate)

They unlinked most of the game from the framerate back when they adjusted fishing speed on the PC, I don't think there's anything preventing them from unlinking the rest except to be "fair" to PS2 players.
    (0)

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    Let me know how that borderless play goes as I myself like to be able to have the ability to look at my google chrome pages up and even windows 10's microsoft's Edge browser pages up with ffxi game info up at the same time the game is running to look it all up but hopefully not to be really away from the keyboard in order to look at those pages as well. So let me know as i'm wanting to try this out with the ffxi config tool not related to the pol.config tool in which I thought it to be originally a setting under that tool they added to their gaming configuration tools.
    I put it on Borderless through the config but it won't let me Alt+Tab out so far. Might be something with my PC as I had an issue with LOTRO doing that but then it all of a sudden started working not too long ago. Only way I could get it to work before is by having another program open while the game was running like a browser. I didn't test that with FFXI but arguably they worded it to make you think that's how it would work.

Unlike the full screen mode, this mode enables players to use alt-tab to switch to a different application window.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahzewn View Post
    I put it on Borderless through the config but it won't let me Alt+Tab out so far. Might be something with my PC as I had an issue with LOTRO doing that but then it all of a sudden started working not too long ago. Only way I could get it to work before is by having another program open while the game was running like a browser. I didn't test that with FFXI but arguably they worded it to make you think that's how it would work.

Unlike the full screen mode, this mode enables players to use alt-tab to switch to a different application window.
    Hey thanks for all the feed back info you have discovered about window's borderless mode as I'm rather used to playing inside of the game with a windowed border mode setup from the ffxi config tool a long time ago but also always only had to move my laptop's touchpad mouse cursor down to the browser icons to pop up a very mini view of the current tab page up that i'm on, now to go full page I had to of course click on it then i'm able to move through the tabs of pages currently up and now I will be switching it to the windowed borderless mode to see that mode in which you spoke of in how you must have to hit alt+tab now instead of just sliding your cursor to the bottom of your monitor's screen to able to select your browser pages.

Just a pc player's Note: For my windows 10 Final Fantasy XI Config tool, there is no "Global" settings tab but rather a "General" Tab instead to change it from windowed mode to Borderless Window Mode.
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I noticed that too. Typo on their end possibly...or maybe all these years it should have been a Global tab lol. I will admit I'm not too familiar with using the KB with playing XI as I mostly use the controller to move, etc. and the KB to type. I know that holding down Alt brings up my macro bar so that may have something to do with it. If it's possible to keybind to get the macro bar off Alt, I never messed with it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fahzewn; 11-12-2015 at 04:16 AM.

Character
    Fahzewn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Alt+Tabbing works with Borderless Windowed Mode. Just need to have another program running. I would suspect the most common ones would be Media Player (or some music program) and an internet browser.
    (0)

Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahzewn View Post
    I noticed that too. Typo on their end possibly...or maybe all these years it should have been a Global tab lol. I will admit I'm not too familiar with using the KB with playing XI as I mostly use the controller to move, etc. and the KB to type. I know that holding down Alt brings up my macro bar so that may have something to do with it. If it's possible to keybind to get the macro bar off Alt, I never messed with it.
    Yup to all of the above having them opened while playing in borderless mode now i'm going to make a separate post for a possible error to playing the defeat Tiamath while getting the bahamut's Wyrmking full costume +1 event that i've noticed after being K'Oed/death then reRaised up left with a weakened signal icon and timer count.

Side Note: I still wishing there was a way while playing on your keyboard as a gamepad to move your character or stop your character from moving when you have auto locked your character to keep moving while at the same time your typing on your keyboard with the typing in bar up or a way to copy and repast what you had typed rather quickly to do a quick action on your charactor. One of the two but maybe having both in game would be nice too.

2nd Side note: I'm Stilll sad to see that we won't be getting all crafts opened and unlocked to the maxed limits all because of some player's kind of ridiculously bought more characters to having a higher costing bill into money overly spent per month just for one only purpose of crafting all craft's in which I have to suffer those consequences with keeping my bill low affordable on only 2 characters because of those players wanting it to be kept locked in the same way its been for far too long. I'm not usually one to try to represent my sadness on the forum's but this definitely one of those for me. In a way it's like trying to have it set up to have the rest of us forced to do the same with the remainder of the rest of the game years to be a master crafter in all craft's maxed out.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 11-13-2015 at 01:17 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Notice: Weakened timer resetting to max after Tiamath respawning each time & locks it

So was this weakened state timer resetting to the max limit upon each time Tiamath respawns intended to be in place for getting the Wyrmking Suit+1-{Body + legs +feet}. Masque +1-{head gear} and the KI for the I-Level Battlefield or is this simply a in game event bug occurring until you have either zoned into one of the cities from the outside area's of where the event is being held or to have the magicked level sync enchantment finally removed then re-waiting yet again for weakness to fully wear-off was intended for this event??

I was seeing this happening to my blondelle character while participating in the event where I was sitting kneeling in /healing mode and see the weakened timer start to wear off only to be reset to a maximum of one minute over and over again each time the events Notorious Monster Tiamatia with the moogles all around it would respawn with the games Level Sync Enchantment on even while being far, far away from the battlefield with the level sync game enchantment on or even standing right at the lighted spot on the ground which is the Kupofried spawn point to use your built up points. My question is: Was this intended to occur for this event or is simply an overlooked missed bug for the event going on? Community Moderators/Dev team/etc. let me know on this, thanks! ;-)
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 12-11-2015 at 06:10 PM.

We’ve been receiving a lot of requests in regards to adding more space to the Mog Wardrobe, and the development team is currently looking into this. We’ll keep you posted as to whether or not this will be possible and the time frame if we can do it.
    (11)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We’ve been receiving a lot of requests in regards to adding more space to the Mog Wardrobe, and the development team is currently looking into this. We’ll keep you posted as to whether or not this will be possible and the time frame if we can do it.
    Well we all know the limitation to every storage is 80. Maybe adding a Mog Wardrobe 2 category would be nice. However where it currently stands, whenever I load my characters w/ an abundance of gear (and i'm talking about every bit of storage we have filled at 80), it takes an abundance of time for the game itself to read every bit of data from the server to my character. As much as I like the idea of having a new category for more space and as much as everyone else would love to have it, I cannot say if this would be a good idea to have done or bad idea based on if it would slow loading times down even further.

For everyone who uses mog wardrobe/inventory for gear swapping and the rest for storing armor for multiple jobs and wish there was another mog wardrobe or something similar to it, I understand what you people need and hope that this does get approved, but think about what kind of sacrifice it would make in the long run if you are one of those people that get frustrated on the load times of armor/gear/meds/etc. it takes for it to show up. This post isn't a flame to anyone or to cause a problem or argument or a disruption. It's just an opinion on my part.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladynamine View Post
    Well we all know the limitation to every storage is 80. Maybe adding a Mog Wardrobe 2 category would be nice. However where it currently stands, whenever I load my characters w/ an abundance of gear (and i'm talking about every bit of storage we have filled at 80), it takes an abundance of time for the game itself to read every bit of data from the server to my character. As much as I like the idea of having a new category for more space and as much as everyone else would love to have it, I cannot say if this would be a good idea to have done or bad idea based on if it would slow loading times down even further.

For everyone who uses mog wardrobe/inventory for gear swapping and the rest for storing armor for multiple jobs and wish there was another mog wardrobe or something similar to it, I understand what you people need and hope that this does get approved, but think about what kind of sacrifice it would make in the long run if you are one of those people that get frustrated on the load times of armor/gear/meds/etc. it takes for it to show up. This post isn't a flame to anyone or to cause a problem or argument or a disruption. It's just an opinion on my part.
    Yeah I am torn, storage is awesome but imo the loading times are already AWFUL. It's especially bad for timed events, since I need every moment possible... yet the first minute is a total write off because I can't access meds or do any swaps.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 73 of 297 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast