Page 222 of 297 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 272 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2962
    Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I notice that there's a distinct lack of any mention of a porter moogle for the new odyssey preparation area. Many players won't have space for changing gear on various jobs because of inventory issue if there isn't one.
    (0)
    Last edited by Khajit; 01-10-2021 at 04:22 AM.

Player
    I'm still even curious as to why OP request regarding quest markers on NPC still not being made available. Is it really because of system/server limitation?
    (0)

Player
    Because that would require reworking the core code of the game, and they don't have anyone anymore that can do that kind of complex work.

It's also not really worth the effort and would ruin the art style.
    (0)

Player
    PLEASE FIX UNITY CHAT!

It sucks people cannot get on unity chat to finish the RoE objective and see where DI is, all you have to do is add a cloned unity option for the most used unities, Apururu 1 and apururu2 etc. Choosing another unity is not an option because you made the unity trusts too good and unique.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Because that would require reworking the core code of the game, and they don't have anyone anymore that can do that kind of complex work.

That really sux. I still hope there would be QoL for it in future tho.

PLEASE FIX UNITY CHAT!

It sucks people cannot get on unity chat to finish the RoE objective and see where DI is, all you have to do is add a cloned unity option for the most used unities, Apururu 1 and apururu2 etc. Choosing another unity is not an option because you made the unity trusts too good and unique.
    I joined Yoran UC for some years and it is also terrible as well. What I did is just rejoining chat from Status > Unity menu, so far it doesn't really take long for me to be able doing that Unity chat RoE. If I'm lazy, I can just resume adventuring till I saw being able to join chat after zoning then clearing that RoE. Not really big deal, but then again, situation over Asura probably way more congested.
    Another solution is to try getting that Monberaux trust from monthly deeds, then hopefully you can ditch whatever great unity healers & pick much less popular unity, hence way less congested unity chat.

Granted, unity chat situation kinda very similar to FF14's novice network where it's congested most of time & I can only rejoin after lesser active population for the day, which in this case, personally think unity chat situation wasn't really that bad.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Partially true, partially not. The system is capable of having various icons on nameplates. Even NPC nameplates have these icons, . So while there's probably nothing in the c ode to check NPCs as they load in to see if they have a quest available, we do have the systems to display icons and this is already widely used on NPCs for various purposes. Just not for quests. So I think it's more a concious decision not to have quest markers on NPCs.
    (0)

Player
    Add storage chests to 2nd floor of mog houses that are actual caskets and that are unlocked by talking to the moogle (also add a moogle to the 2nd floor), as we have with gil in mog garden.

These storage chests can only be accessed when on the 2nd floor of mog house (and do not load anywhere else in any way as to not cause lag - including lock style), and only accept non weapon / armor items and no R/E items to cause issues with checking if you own an item already. Second floor can then be used as a storage room of your mog house, not only is this an amazing boon to a lot of players but it feels right too because right now most people have little use for the 2nd floor.

Crafers, hoarders and long time players need this! My inventory issues are crippling me and I don't want more lag and/or mog wardrobes. I just want a large amount of inventory space that is just storage.

I play open world survival / building games like the forest and very often I make 2nd floors to my houses and fill them with chests, just to put all my wood, rocks etc in Lets have something like that on ffxi!
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 01-16-2021 at 09:15 PM.

Player
    I want to start off with I know very little (aka nothing) about coding, or if this would be possible. This is a thought I had that, in my head, would maybe work? Make (8+) wardrobes that are only accessible in the mog house (iirc before they said loading more wardrobes in every zone would be a problem with loading/corruption, but moghouse doesn't have much to load, I assume.) Then, have basically have 2, 80 slot "wardrobes" tied with the job you are on that you can set items from the wardrobe to, kind of like setting blu spells, but you can only set them in your moghouse. However, you cannot remove any items from these (as they are just set, they are actually in your wardrobe in the moghouse). That would reduce your item load times from what currently is (I noticed a huge increase in item accessibility times when I added wardrobe 3-4). I don't think any job uses more then 160 pieces. With this Sheol Gaol content, I would really like to gear every job, but currently I'm limited to 9ish jobs (including mog safes etc.). The rest are retired on mules due to space. If possible, it would be nice if equipsets were setup like the above mentioned. Give each job 15+ equipset slots, only editable when your on that job. Anyone have any thoughts?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The game always loads all of your normally-functioning inventory spaces, it just does this in two phases: main inventory + wardrobes 1-4, and then everything else.

This all boils down to the more items you have, the more data has to be transferred whenever your character moves between areas. Part of the reason this happens every time is because each "server" in the game is actually a collection of server machines, each one handling different areas and so every time you move areas, the data has to be transferred not just to you but also between server machines. The transfer rate could be increased, but it's not as simple as ust changing a number because a lot of things in the game were designed around parameters that were normal 20 years ago but are obviously out of date today. So being unable to speed up the transfer because it would break other stuff, they chose to split it in phases so that you'd get access to the important stuff sooner and then it can keep loading the rest in the background.

It's also partly because this game was developed originally on PS2 dev hardware, together with the way the game was originally designed this makes changing even seemingly simple things a lot more difficult than they really should be.

The only thing you can do to help this is to free up inventory space. The time it takes the inventory to load directly correlates with the total number of items in all your main inventory spaces.
    (1)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

chocobo training coupons dont work

the chocobo training coupons dont work i spent millions like 20 on each of my 2 chars and it did jack squat. i dont feel like doing a bug report bc it takes like an hour, and u never get any results or know if they fixed it so whats the point.
    (0)

Page 222 of 297 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 220 221 222 223 224 232 272 ... LastLast