Page 215 of 297 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2962
    Character
    Jez
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Ebisu+1, Matsya, Shaper's Shawl and endgame fishing.

I spent months getting Lik and Gugrusaurus, went through the motions to get Ebisu +1 and big money making fish still break the line. Particularly Matsya. They break the line 3/4s of the time and couple that with an insanely low drop rate of Shaper's Shawl makes the effort almost worthless taking far less time and effort to raise a craft through brute force and gil. Considering the required bait is exclusive and hard to come by it is actually a very frustrating endeavor to actually fish these as you only get 1/4 of the hooked Matsya. Most of the bait is lost to Jellyfish or monsters.

I understand the shawl could be a problem with characters making gil from crafting easier or devaluing the fish further but I do have a couple of ideas for fixing this.

1) Edit the Shawl. - Perhaps, make the shawl worth while by adding stats beyond skill ups like HQ success or material loss down, Allow it to be sent POL so you only need 1 per account, or create some restriction to it's use level like requiring a certain rank of fishing or crafting to be equipable or of use.

2) Stop the line breaks. - It's not just Matsya that make Ebisu+1 a small let down. The absolute best rod in the game has line breaks on almost every top tier fish. Ebisu+1 does give you more time but it's just disheartening to lose your previous 3 catches after fighting to bring down the stamina bar and you just end up with... nothing. I appreciate the realism but I play this game to play a game. So, instead of editing this and that and some other thing, why not add an item to the game?

Kachina Gloves +1 : Fishing skill +2, Prevents the line from snapping.
    (so maybe a 1 on the skill and makes lines more resistant to snapping? But I had to try. Maybe save the above for the +2 version.)
    It could be added to the RoE quests after obtaining an Ebisu+1 and make the players work for them a bit like the original. This change could drastically help with catching all sorts of gil-making fish and reward our hard work.

3)Change the means of acquisition. - Instead of having Zaldon be the gatekeeper of this annoyingly rare item, maybe have him give you a different item. Something all together worth the 3 catches/hr, ex limited bait, 1% drop rate, 110+ fishing, nocturnal, 3/4th line breaking mess that this is. Or just flat out increase the drop rate from Zaldon from that abysmal 1% to something more like 30%. The shawl in its current state is very limited on usefulness.

Lastly, I'd like to say that I personally favor Kachina Gloves +1 to help overall. Lik and Gugrusaurus are also a good way to make a profit from your skill and help players still trying for their Ebisu rods. And in the event that Lord of Ulbuka or any other of the Legendary fish end up with something Zaldon worthy (inside the belly) the gloves could help drastically with fishing them up as well.

Thanks for reading and happy fishing!
    (1)

Player
    One of the problems with FFXI is TP given to monster.

If one person attacks a monster the amount of TP fed to that monster is far far less than if you have 4 people attacking that monster, less TP = less TP moves = less healing.

This encourages super buffing (1 damage dealer and lots of buffing jobs) or summoner (which is really overpowered with it's one hour ability, that can easily be reset)

This is completely stupid, it made sense years ago. It does not make sense now, it just promotes buff jobs.

Either setTP given to monster lower, put a cap on it or greatly buff spells like Auspice (or put an augment on it based on how many people are hit with the spell).

Players should not be punished for bringing more damage dealing jobs as opposed to one. All you are doing is making Damage Dealer, GEO, Brd, Cor, Cor, Whm the only viable strategy for many fights (or just smnx5). If you change TP to monster or potency of subtle blow you can make adding more damage dealers to fights a legit strategy and change the way people play the game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 10-21-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Player
    Change monthly objective from Delve (M) to Plasm (M).

Since you don't need to do Delve at all to finish it, why imply you do?
    (0)

Player
    Add new halloween music to all cities during event.
    (0)

Player
    Lower the max number of lamps in nyzul isle and U, having 4-5 order lamps when it was added was fine since you almost always did it in a party and so just put one person on each. Now it's solo/duo content and trying to do order lamps is a huge pain.
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I was really disappointed by the lack of good campaigns for September/October/November. :/ ...and the November update announcement seems very underwhelming.
    (1)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    I was really disappointed by the lack of good campaigns for September/October/November. :/ ...and the November update announcement seems very underwhelming.
    I'll have to 2nd that at least for November's case
    (0)

Character
    Akirane
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm about to finish getting all of the coalitions to max and there's some things I don't understand.

1. Why is the requirement for the lowest level KI that quickens the imprimatur generation so high? The requirement is completing all of the coalition assignments up to and including Advisor. If you finish the coalitions in order you don't get the benefit until you're on the very last coalition.

2. By the time you have obtained all of the KIs you've already completed everything SoA has to offer. Unless you are doing coalitions for bayld (I will definitely not touch these after), it seems meaningless to reduce the imprimaturs further.
    (1)

Player
    There is a well known and long standing bug with the server transfer service, if you login too fast after ordering it sometimes it does not transfer the character.

Can this be fixed, or at least a warning be put on the screen when you buy it not to login for 10 minutes?
    (0)

Player
    Suggestion:

Make this:
    Alter Ego Expo

When this Monthly Adventurer Campaign is active, Trusts receive various bonuses to their stats and performance.
    Maximum HP and MP raises by +50% for every active Trust that you summon.
    All trusts have a higher resistance to all Status Effects.
    Into a weekly quest that when completed gives this trust bonus for the week.

Completion of the quest = Killing each of the 3 main HQ kings via monthly pop items (and some other requirement).

I know the idea is that you want people to group up, but to be real a lot are not going to do that and making trusts a little better will help them get more out of the game.
    (1)

11. 11-08-2020 07:49 AM

Page 215 of 297 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 ... LastLast