Character
    Supersummoner
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

As A Beastmaster, I Noticed Something About Vana'diel...........

...........There are no

-Bears
    -Snakes
    -Tigers (Not Smilodons)
    -Dogs (Domesticated)
    -Cats (Domesticated)
    -Weasels
    -Dolphins
    -Wolves (Not Werwolves)
    -Hyena
    -Owls

Among others.........

There are pressing issues plaguing XI. So, this is not a request. It is simply an acknowledgement.

Just found it odd that there are missing common creatures in the XI world. Guess it something BST notice, being creature centric. With the introduction of Kaja weapons, more powerful SC closers such as H2H, Sword, or Scythe on BST are options. Thus, more creatures to use than before. Pets are perhaps, half of the actual job. So, we kind of keep an eye out on potential fauna. BST are the zookeepers of XI.......but I digress......

......Sure there are much more creatures that are missing in Vana'diel. Might have to bust out the Zoo-books or Google. Just really found it odd there are no bears or snakes though. Guess dogs and cats are kinda mind boggling too since they have been living with humanoids for quite some time.

I am aware fishermen tend to catch sea animals that may not appear as mobs.

Maybe will will see more creatures in some land at some point.....*Wink, Wink*
    (2)
    BST/DRG

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    -Cats (Domesticated)
    Are you implying all Mithra are feral?

Seriously though Vana'diel is a weird fantasy world. Rabbits have only two legs, and long slender tails. Scorpions are bigger than an adult human. I think we should just accept that what's weird is when a Vana'diel creature resembles an Earth one, not that so few Earth creatures appear in Vana'diel.

As a summoner, though: We have a wolf, a snake, and a cat.

Though it is a bit odd there have been no bears or bear-like creature, just because those are huge and strong and basically the most fantastically deadly beasts to be found on Earth, so they would be an easy fit for dangerous hostile wildlife.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Common creatures are missing because common creatures are not monsters and this is a fantasy game. While they could certainly add some, this isn't the kind of new content that I would say is likely on the table. New monster types are typically added in expansions or very high end content updates. and that's not the sort of thing that's likely in our future.

FFXIV did add some of these monster categories. But I don't think it's likely we'll see any of this- Not that it would be a bad thing if we did because more stuff is always welcome, just that it's not a realistic thing that's likely to happen. Having said that, I agree it is interesting how people in distinct positions like yours can notice certain things that others might not think about. That's an experience I have often as someone who isn't your typical summoner, both for better and for worse.
    (1)