Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 2962
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Make all upgraded AF/Relic/Emp gear that is upgraded to the first stage from 109 to 119 as standard, the number of times I see players roaming around in 109 gear is depressing. Sparks gear is 117 and takes ZERO effort to obtain, when the amount of effort is higher the gear should be 119.

You're just crippling new and returning players who don't have a solid understanding how Ilevel works with how it is.

I see people all the time in 109 af3 gear and they don't understand they are massively deleveling themselves and their trusts wearing this gear they put hours into obtaining.

This game has way too many newbie traps.
    No, new players are crippling themselves, and it isn't some trap. They can upgrade it or choose to wear 109 because they aren't wearing anything else. You can't seriously be advocating for removing 109 equipment.
    (0)

Player
    yes, 109 equip serves zero purpose and is completely and utterly stupid. it sets new players into a trap due to lack of knowledge.

A player with 109 equip does not know their trusts will be leveled down significantly and will be one shot in basic content, so they will put all this effort in to get this sparkly new set of gear and proudly wear it and it's far worse than sparks gear. It's literally worthless and unwearable until upgraded to 119, if that's the case don't let people wear it. It's a newbie trap.

FFXI is a game steeped in a love of progression, so conning players into progressing and then the gear being significantly worse than the sparks gear they got for nothing is a quit moment, it's self destructive from a game development standpoint.

Again most players don't know Ilevel = trust level so they will try continue to play after making progress and be totally crippled and wipe over and over with gear that is worse than what they had before.

How can anyone in any way say this is good? At the very least is should be 118.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    yes, 109 equip serves zero purpose and is completely and utterly stupid. it sets new players into a trap due to lack of knowledge.

A player with 109 equip does not know their trusts will be leveled down significantly and will be one shot in basic content, so they will put all this effort in to get this sparkly new set of gear and proudly wear it and it's far worse than sparks gear. It's literally worthless and unwearable until upgraded to 119, if that's the case don't let people wear it. It's a newbie trap.

FFXI is a game steeped in a love of progression, so conning players into progressing and then the gear being significantly worse than the sparks gear they got for nothing is a quit moment, it's self destructive from a game development standpoint.

Again most players don't know Ilevel = trust level so they will try continue to play after making progress and be totally crippled and wipe over and over with gear that is worse than what they had before.

How can anyone in any way say this is good? At the very least is should be 118.
    The game rewards you for learning and punishes you for not. Could call having to read a map or anything trivial to be a noob trap, but is just the game. Finding your way through it is part of the reward.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    The game rewards you for learning and punishes you for not. Could call having to read a map or anything trivial to be a noob trap, but is just the game. Finding your way through it is part of the reward.
    There is an argument to be made that the fact that both 109 and higher ilvl sets are both easily accessible at the same time can confuse players. While I agree that learning is an essential component of the game, there is such a th ing as needless confusion.
    (0)

Player
    sparks gear = ilevel 117
    any upgraded a,r,e 109

This is one of the most stupid things in the game, you should never ever punish players for taking the initiative and working on progression.

If a player can't beat cloud of darkness and decides to put weeks into upgrading their gear and then they fail harder you are teaching them that progression is not an answer to the problem, you don't do that in an mmo/rpg.
    (0)

I think most players skip +1 as you can get a piece every week with Deeds for a full set, then +2.

Not everyone is in a hurry to get +3 of each set, my mule is wearing 109 smn AF and can complete Ambuscade in it, granted I use +1 Apogee for BPs, but still, 290 smn skill with Lv. 30 rdm sub you can get away with quite a gimp setup in some content.

Just saying, not everyone wants to max out then afk and complain about nothing to do, pay to play on Asura anyway-cough-leave 109 alone.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    There is an argument to be made that the fact that both 109 and higher ilvl sets are both easily accessible at the same time can confuse players. While I agree that learning is an essential component of the game, there is such a th ing as needless confusion.
    109 is lower than 119. What's the confusion? The fact that they don't know what iLvl is or does? They are going to be confused about everything in the game then. You can't fix the learning curve with such trivial adjustments.
    (0)

Player
    Tell me where in the game is explains that Ilevel is linked to trust level.
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    to be fair the game doesn't explain a lot, I admire your cause, fighting for the newbies, but they have to learn, SE have posted a progression line before, if you shorten it too much then they miss out on much needed content.

This seems to be an argument over nothing, when I came back in 2015sh???? I thought my lvl 99 gear was good enough, it wasn't, if the players aren't willing to stick around to level up, they aren't going to stick around at all
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Tell me where in the game is explains that Ilevel is linked to trust level.
    Imagine a world where everything is explained. People still wouldn't get it. Lol
    (0)

Page 268 of 297 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 ... LastLast