Page 184 of 297 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2962
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriack View Post
    yeah that's why im having such a problem. on our server we don't have any of that. this is hard
    I am sorry, JP players are giving you a hard time. They likely don't treat you the same way they do to themselves. I was on Bahamut two years ago. Nice players yeah but not fun. Asura makes my life much easier.
    (0)

Character
    Kyuchichi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The new Emporox pot icon is so cute, I wish devs could remake all those small icons.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Blacklist option limit extended past the current capped 100 because my head is starting to hurt.
    (0)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I am sorry, JP players are giving you a hard time. They likely don't treat you the same way they do to themselves. I was on Bahamut two years ago. Nice players yeah but not fun. Asura makes my life much easier.
    its not the Japanese players that bother me, its the rmt jacking up prices on the few items we have left. then SE wont ban them no matter how many times they are reported bc for some reason they need their payments.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriack View Post
    its not the Japanese players that bother me, its the rmt jacking up prices on the few items we have left. then SE wont ban them no matter how many times they are reported bc for some reason they need their payments.
    Dealing with RMTs isn't an easy task. SE did implement the goblins to watch after fishing bots and what else. Watering down FFXI more? I mean they are everywhere in other MMOs as well. One person can able to hold multiple accounts in all the servers.

Sorry I lost an evidence but more than a year ago my real life friend blindly met a RMT he thought was a normal person until he got the message. SE has banned one RMT with 64 accounts. That's like about $800 a month!

That's why I don't mind if SE is going to remake this game from the scratch. I just don't want it to be like FFXIV. I mean FFXIV 1.0 was good if it wasn't for glitches.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post

That's why I don't mind if SE is going to remake this game from the scratch. I just don't want it to be like FFXIV. I mean FFXIV 1.0 was good if it wasn't for glitches.
    And lack of content, and basic features like... an auction house (or equivalent), trading, etc. huge areas with literally nothing in them, the list goes on. Unfortunately nobody targets the hardest core MMO players because they are a minority, it doesn't make enough money. Every MMO in recent history that has tried ended up closing or going F2P.

The fact is, aligning things closer to FFXIV would make them more successful. FFXI is just too slow for people today, and it lacks the class balance- in some ways the best and other ways the worst feature of the game. I had a long conversation with one of my PvP team members in FFXIV about th is, and the class balance was his biggest complaint (and he played FFXI for quite a while). Specifically, we're talking about how fights are too specific to specific job compositions and other jobs simply aren't allowed by players, even if the content can be beaten with them (and then there are jobs that sometimes can't even be part of a winning team in some cases). Balance between classes takes care of that issue but it also limits what you can do to push the gameplay envelope when you create a new class.

So you're going to have to choose between old game with old ideaologies and super serious grind and RNG and so on, that is challenging and deep but few people will play, or a faster, less complex game that is easy to get into and will become big and successful. FFXI is wonderful but it does have many flaws when you look at it in today's gaming environment. FFXI's gameplay pace is very slow, it takes seconds to do basic things like draw your weapon. some spells or actions can take 10s or more to perform unlike modern MMOs where actions rarely take more than 2 seconds- even FFXIV is considered slow by players of some other MMOs. and despite the slow pace, timing is often super crucial. Further, the game has a high reliance on macros to switch items which takes a lot of work to set up once you build up a collection of items (Personally, I have some ideas for how to create a system that appeals to people who like this type of itemization without requiring lengthy setup or creating an inventory nightmare, maybe I'll write about that later); and FFXI's UI is super clunky and clumsy, having to go through multiple menus to do anything you might not have macro'd. People just lack the patience for this sort of thing, they just want to log in and dive into the gameplay. in FFXI, sometimes people take 10-20 minutes or even more to get ready for content because they end up digging through multiple mules and such. That doesn't happen in any MMO made in the last decade.

I love FFXI and it's been with me for nearly half of my existence. Even though the combat is slow and the UI clunky, It has tons of death and perhaps most importantly, gives you a lot of freedom, with the game telling you "no" far less than other games. I can whip out my summoner and start whacking things with my relic staff. I can build gear sets around thi s. It's not optimal, but it's fun and it can do some cool things, even though the job was never designed aroudn melee combat. But the game doesn't say "this isn't good so you can't do it." But I also recognize that there are many things they can and could have done better. Had they not allowed the game to be held back by a console, they could have modernized a lot of things withouout compromising the gameplay formula. That freedom btw, that's probably the most important thing about the game to me. If I could change anything, it would be to make the gameplay more straightforward for the average user, but without forcing people to only play one way. I think this freedom is central to everything that's good about FFXI.

In short, it's a bit callus to say "I dont want it to be FFXIV." I don't want it to be *exactly* like FFXIV, but it's insulting to the team behind the game today to suggest that they didn't do anything right. After all, FFXIV has millions of players when FFXI had something like half a million in its heyday. Had FFXI adapted to changing technology and a changing customer base, it would probably be bigger today than it is. and 10 years fom now when FFXVIII Online comes out all the longtime players of that game will undoubtedly react the same way as you to whatever crazy new things that game ends up doing. So I guess t he message is try to keep an open mind- Try to think about how the game can improve in this modern era, without sacrificing all the things that made you fall in love with it to begin with.

(My biggest issue with FFXIV right now honestly is just that they keep turning the combat system upside down with every expansion. They're trying to avoid button bloat, but they have made a lot of changes that really have nothing to do with that which kind of annoy me)
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-12-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    im sorry, off topic, but what is this yukes thing I see everywhere.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    And lack of content, and basic features like... an auction house (or equivalent), trading, etc. huge areas with literally nothing in them, the list goes on. Unfortunately nobody targets the hardest core MMO players because they are a minority, it doesn't make enough money. Every MMO in recent history that has tried ended up closing or going F2P.

The fact is, aligning things closer to FFXIV would make them more successful. FFXI is just too slow for people today, and it lacks the class balance- in some ways the best and other ways the worst feature of the game. I had a long conversation with one of my PvP team members in FFXIV about th is, and the class balance was his biggest complaint (and he played FFXI for quite a while). Specifically, we're talking about how fights are too specific to specific job compositions and other jobs simply aren't allowed by players, even if the content can be beaten with them (and then there are jobs that sometimes can't even be part of a winning team in some cases). Balance between classes takes care of that issue but it also limits what you can do to push the gameplay envelope when you create a new class.

So you're going to have to choose between old game with old ideaologies and super serious grind and RNG and so on, that is challenging and deep but few people will play, or a faster, less complex game that is easy to get into and will become big and successful. FFXI is wonderful but it does have many flaws when you look at it in today's gaming environment. FFXI's gameplay pace is very slow, it takes seconds to do basic things like draw your weapon. some spells or actions can take 10s or more to perform unlike modern MMOs where actions rarely take more than 2 seconds- even FFXIV is considered slow by players of some other MMOs. and despite the slow pace, timing is often super crucial. Further, the game has a high reliance on macros to switch items which takes a lot of work to set up once you build up a collection of items (Personally, I have some ideas for how to create a system that appeals to people who like this type of itemization without requiring lengthy setup or creating an inventory nightmare, maybe I'll write about that later); and FFXI's UI is super clunky and clumsy, having to go through multiple menus to do anything you might not have macro'd. People just lack the patience for this sort of thing, they just want to log in and dive into the gameplay. in FFXI, sometimes people take 10-20 minutes or even more to get ready for content because they end up digging through multiple mules and such. That doesn't happen in any MMO made in the last decade.

I love FFXI and it's been with me for nearly half of my existence. Even though the combat is slow and the UI clunky, It has tons of death and perhaps most importantly, gives you a lot of freedom, with the game telling you "no" far less than other games. I can whip out my summoner and start whacking things with my relic staff. I can build gear sets around thi s. It's not optimal, but it's fun and it can do some cool things, even though the job was never designed aroudn melee combat. But the game doesn't say "this isn't good so you can't do it." But I also recognize that there are many things they can and could have done better. Had they not allowed the game to be held back by a console, they could have modernized a lot of things withouout compromising the gameplay formula. That freedom btw, that's probably the most important thing about the game to me. If I could change anything, it would be to make the gameplay more straightforward for the average user, but without forcing people to only play one way. I think this freedom is central to everything that's good about FFXI.

In short, it's a bit callus to say "I dont want it to be FFXIV." I don't want it to be *exactly* like FFXIV, but it's insulting to the team behind the game today to suggest that they didn't do anything right. After all, FFXIV has millions of players when FFXI had something like half a million in its heyday. Had FFXI adapted to changing technology and a changing customer base, it would probably be bigger today than it is. and 10 years fom now when FFXVIII Online comes out all the longtime players of that game will undoubtedly react the same way as you to whatever crazy new things that game ends up doing. So I guess t he message is try to keep an open mind- Try to think about how the game can improve in this modern era, without sacrificing all the things that made you fall in love with it to begin with.

(My biggest issue with FFXIV right now honestly is just that they keep turning the combat system upside down with every expansion. They're trying to avoid button bloat, but they have made a lot of changes that really have nothing to do with that which kind of annoy me)
    I agree. I was just sad when the dev team stopped developing FFXI for FFXIV. I wish them a good luck on the 20th anniversary. Currently, I think the battle content in FFXI is doing fantastic. However, Matsui said in the last interview, he does want some updates on the battle content from time to time and he thinks would be great if he could have us enjoy some kind of story content, even if it isn’t on a large scale.

I do think Matsui and Fujito know what they are doing and FFXI would do better if it is a remake or maybe an expansion.

Indeed, Gamerescape is the new home of FFXIcleopedia. I wish they could do better with the layouts. BG-Wiki is pretty but can be confusing because the editors are playing on Asura.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    err i meant to say "tons of depth" not "tons of death" lol... though I guess the later can be true as well lol.

The Yukes were one of the four races in the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series. The name I use in FFXIV and everywhere else but here is that of one of the major characters in the second game, Ring of Fates.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I am not saying FFXIV is a bad game. It's quite a different game. I mean I am happy SE brought us RDM they promised and made me look like a Zorro but I wasn't impressed with how they designed it to be. I understand FFXIV's battle system is very basic. All you could think of tank, dps, and healer. That's why I prefer FFXI's battle system better. It's like customizing your own job what you like it to be. RDM in FFXI will always be RDM in my heart. I play both games too and I am okay with a small free company I am in.
    (1)

Page 184 of 297 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 284 ... LastLast