Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 2962
    Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I don't really think alts on the same account being able to skip stuff really hurts anything. You can't play those characters at the same time, so there's no real advantage gained.

Most people use additional accounts for characters they intend to actually use, and those wouldn't be able to do this. other characters on the same account are usually just mules.
    I disagree. If I could just skip LBs, I would have an account of 16 L99 mules absolutely milking AMAN Trove. And I know I'm not the only one haha
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Velner View Post
    I disagree. If I could just skip LBs, I would have an account of 16 L99 mules absolutely milking AMAN Trove. And I know I'm not the only one haha
    They'd probably just ninja a fix in that makes all your alts get nothing but skirmish stones.

Hell that's what usually happens to me already even if I can get a big thud in the first place.

The thing is, you can already do this anyway, the limit breaks are just an inconvenience.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    They'd probably just ninja a fix in that makes all your alts get nothing but skirmish stones.

Hell that's what usually happens to me already even if I can get a big thud in the first place.

The thing is, you can already do this anyway, the limit breaks are just an inconvenience.
    No, they wouldn't.
    (1)

Character
    Lileth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    SE should just get rid of the mimic in the AMAN trove. No one fights it, it just adds an element of frustration, that you won't even get the scraps from the table drops that you would have gotten with almost certainty even if you had avoided the mimic.

Given the scarcity of orbs, and the rarity of loud thuds, and the low probability of getting anything truly valuable even from a loud thud, it would not break the game to let everyone get some guaranteed omen cards, dynamis shards, and a few capacity points, or even a modest amount of gil, from each orb.

Just replace the mimic by another chest that has a chance of noise, thud or loud thud. Everyone would be happier.
    (1)
    Last edited by Eth; 11-30-2022 at 04:25 AM.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    SE should just get rid of the mimic in the AMAN trove. No one fights it, it just adds an element of frustration, that you won't even get the scraps from the table drops that you would have gotten with almost certainty even if you had avoided the mimic.

Given the scarcity of orbs, and the rarity of loud thuds, and the low probability of getting anything truly valuable even from a loud thud, it would not break the game to let everyone get some guaranteed omen cards, dynamis shards, and a few capacity points, or even a modest amount of gil, from each orb.

Just replace the mimic by another chest that has a chance of noise, thud or loud thud. Everyone would be happier.
    It's adorable you think they care about player happiness!
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    No, they wouldn't.
    SE has a history of taking a dump on anything t hat players can even remotely exploit. Sparks/accolades cap anyone? And thoughout the game's history they've tanked NPC values of anything people farmed to vendor for gil. Insisting that every attempted method of beating aboslute virtue back in the day was deemed not the correct method.
    (0)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It is possible but I can tell you from my own personal experience I have not taken several mules with already hundreds of vouchers, and thus free orbs, to L99 specifically because of this inconvenience.
    (1)
    Last edited by Velner; 11-30-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Velner View Post
    It is possible but I can tell you from my own personal experience I have not taken several mules with already hundreds of vouchers, and thus free orbs, to L99 specifically because of this inconvenience.
    And you know sometimes that may be enough, othertimes it may not be. I can tell you even though i'd spoken out against them in the past- this was before data center visit was a thing in FFXIV, but I bought a job potion for an alt in FFXIV so I could PvP with a friend on a different datacenter without having to level all the way up to a higher level to unlock the job. Most people framed these "jump" or skip "potions" as something that would be used by noobs with a lot of money and end up in hard content without knowing how to play their job, thus harming other's experience. I'm sure that has happened before, but the vast majority of these were bought by people who have already done the story or leveled a given job before and don't want to repeat it on an alt. And for these use cases I generally think it's fine (Though i sort of regretted it after data center visit was announced as what I needed it for was somewhat rendered unnecessary by it).

That's why I don't have that much of a problem with the idea here. Such options are mostly used by veterans and NOT new players (even though they can) and FFXI today is mostly veterans anyway. In fairness though, FFXI probably has more reasons to make alts than FFXIV does, given FFXI has a lot of things like the gobbie box and AMAN trove and stuff where having more characters that can do those things is beneficial (Though this is part of the reason the initial use of the gobbie box is time gated I guess) In FFXIV there's comparatively less to gain aside from the time save of not doing the story/leveling the job.
    (0)

Player
    SE should just get rid of the mimic in the AMAN trove.
    You're not supposed to kill it, it's a "you lose" scenario. It's a gambling mini game, you can go in and pick gold and leave with 0 risk or you can gamble.
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I like the option to fight the mimic. Never have, but have theorycrafted with linkshell members on how we might pull it off, plenty of times. The thing is, why? So you can keep your noise and thud chests?

The better answer would be to give the mimic loot. If you get it, and you manage to fight and kill it, the rest of the chests are off the table, you still lost... but at least you get a loud thud added to your cash-out at the end for the trouble. I'd love to say "give it the trove original items campaign drop table" but then people might just go in intending to farm the mimic which... would be a bad thing, somehow, I think?
    (1)

Page 280 of 297 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 278 279 280 281 282 290 ... LastLast