Page 87 of 297 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 ... LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    GEO bubbles are ridiculously powerful, especially debuff bubbles. In addition, GEO is adept at both nuking and stunning. And bubbles can't be dispelled or resisted. Reapplication is almost instant compared to what BRD and COR have to do.

I mean, I can't even fathom how people can't see this. And I'm not arguing for a nerf because you really can and should bring at least one GEO to anything you do. It's just that good.
    (4)

Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    And as to "GEO destroying Game Balance", what exactly changed? The content, or the playerbase? I've seen people complain that no one wants to take BRD for Capacity Point parties, and demand COR instead, overlooking the reason for why that is.

I feel that way, way, way too much of the feedback I read on this forum and on others is created in a vacuum.
    It has everything to do with the buffs offered and the content you are doing and the value of mage buffs vs melee buffs, which is basically what brd vs geo is.

Geo > bard/cor for cp parties, because the majority of cp parties rely on magic bursting apex mobs. Bards add very little to the mages in an apex party/ae party. Geo can add macc/mab or debuff meva/mdb. All of which make it easier to 1 shot mobs with magic bursts. A bard could haste/acc buff the dd to make opening the skill chain easier/faster, but it wont help the party kill the mob that much faster compared to geo.

Bard also is kinda of a 1 trick pony, buff the group then wait on recasting buffs. Occasionally they can sleep/dispel as well, but so can a geo/rdm. The same geo can also churn out 40k+ magic burst and contribute to the party. THey can help heal, with a larger mana pool. Aspir to get mp back.

The way the game is setup, magic dmg >> melee dmg, mostly because you need 1200 melee acc to hit anything, and with a magic burst you need maybe half the + macc on gear as melee need +acc.

In theory, people could setup apex parties with just melee and do 3-4 step skill chains with 1 mage to magic burst. But that requires 3-4 melee to have enough acc to hit the mob, which again is the same hurdle. My pup with full hurc gear is sitting at 1050 acc with +25acc/atk +2 ta augments on each piece of herc gear. Aside from spending millions of gill throwing stones at it trying for 40acc/atk +3 ta, my only option is to gain 900 more jp for +25 more acc. If i went to level blm, with my geos mb gear, i would start with a blm with 40% mb +10 % over cap, and would be doing 50k+ on t5s, absolutely destroying what any melee could do if i played a different melee with the same augmented herc gear.

The only way im hitting the 1100 acc mark without food is with 1200+ jp, or a few million in gil to throw at augments.
    (1)

Character
    Lonnan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Not sure if this the best place to post this, but can we please get barlight and bardark spells (and their aoe versions) added. It seems like the number of monsters (especially NMs) that use dark and light as their primary attack methods have jumped in recent years and it doesn't really make sense not to have the same mitigation options available to light and dark as to each of the other elements. (ie. Carols for all 8 elements, runes for all 8 elements, but bar spells only for 6). Please and thanks.
    (1)

Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Any chance HMP/Rift cinders/rift dross/high quality pinch of bayld etc can be added to the pools for high tier merit battles/sarcred orb battles?

Make it sure a slot with the plouton/boulder/beitsu all equally weighted of course?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Windwhisper View Post
    please add: Geo-malaise, Geo-Languor, Geo torpor, geo Frailty, Indi accumen, indi focus. to autotranslate. i mean. currently we use something like this: etc, but it sure is troublesome to translate for our japanese friends intense battle strategies and im sure its hard the other way around too.
    The team will be looking into adding these spells to the auto-translate dictionary, but in the mean time we recommend utilizing the /translate text command for these terms to communicate with players of other languages.
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Detlef makes an important point that the geo-buffs/debuffs can't be dispelled/resisted/erased (by the enemy).

Not to mention, in a CP setting--a four step skillchain like Pups talks about (explaining why geo is superior), is a pain to create as people at comfortable acc for the mob can still miss a ws and then it's done, start over, and timing mistakes do happen, especially when you're that bored because you've killed the same 5 crabs 700 times. It's so much easier for the opener to glance and make sure their single partner has tp, ws and afk.

Aside from that, magic burst hate is so ridiculously low. a single flash has held off massive mb's, while it takes more to hold off melee damage (which, in a cp setting, you can really only guarantee that each mob will get flash). If I provoke a mob, it's only because it's lived too long.

Edit: With increased tp feed from multiple melee is increased likelyhood that the enemy will use a tp move that interferes with killing quickly. (mdef/acc/evasion moves)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    The team will be looking into adding these spells to the auto-translate dictionary, but in the mean time we recommend utilizing the /translate text command for these terms to communicate with players of other languages.
    Since he didn't give an example, what Camate means is this:

/translate "Geo-Vex" [enter]
    /translate "Indi-Attunement" [enter]

Open a new chat line, scroll to [Items] (at the bottom of the list) and then escape out and the translated spell will be there.
    (0)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 01-28-2016 at 08:15 AM.

Character
    Akivatoo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    /translate "please ilvl shield and instruments" [enter]
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akivatoo View Post
    /translate "please ilvl shield and instruments" [enter]
    Won't ever happen, because the stats distributed for ilvl items are not based on these slots. Also it would break balance with shields because the defense stat on a shield is drastically more effective than the defense stat on any other gear slot.

What would an ilvl relic instrument have added to it? for anything targeting an enemy, you have "magic accuracy skill" in the weapon slot. if there's an issue with scaling of songs, they could balance this though the spells themselves.

But basically, unlike many of the relic and empyrean weapons, the shields and instruments are not really inferior (I certainly see plenty of them in use, at least).

Last I checked, the whole reason they were doing this update is to breathe life into a whole array of weapons that aren't really used because other options have surpassed them.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-28-2016 at 12:39 PM.

I dislike people (not you Al) that can't let a discussion evolve without spewing in some derail gibberish.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Won't ever happen, because the stats distributed for ilvl items are not based on these slots. Also it would break balance with shields because the defense stat on a shield is drastically more effective than the defense stat on any other gear slot.

What would an ilvl relic instrument have added to it? for anything targeting an enemy, you have "magic accuracy skill" in the weapon slot. if there's an issue with scaling of songs, they could balance this though the spells themselves.

But basically, unlike many of the relic and empyrean weapons, the shields and instruments are not really inferior (I certainly see plenty of them in use, at least).

Last I checked, the whole reason they were doing this update is to breathe life into a whole array of weapons that aren't really used because other options have surpassed them.
    First, saying shields don't need ilvl because stats don't go to those slots is a silly argument. Also incorrect, because there are ilvl shields, ranged weapons, etc.

I do agree that shields do not need any, or much, more DEF. 5 or 10 might be okay, but each shield doesn't have to be the best at everything.

Ochain is the blocking shield, that's why every pld, since the first went "holy ****", has built one, so it deserves to stay there. Priwen belongs in the realm of other JSE weapons from that NPC: A stepping stone. I don't mind if there's a shield that blocks more per hit or a shield as good as ochain with reprisal up, or even both ("blocks with reprisal as often as ochain and blocks more per hit") but it's ridiculous that the freebie shield is better than something some people spent 200m gil on (not me, mine's still 90). And that's exactly the same argument people had when ilvl weapons hit.

Aegis is only good because it goes so far past mdt cap. I, just today, saw a post a few pages back that's the ideal thing for aegis 119: Put spell-interrupt down on it. So it's not a blocker but a pld can actually cast while it's equipped. I would like to see it block more though. Not a great amount, just enough that you're not surprised when it does block...and it's gotten to the point that I am. I'm not saying 100% spell-interruption-down, but enough that building a 100% set for casting isn't unreasonable, which some paladins have taken to doing.
    (3)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 01-28-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Double bayld campagin

For the next double bayld campaign can you multiple the hp of lair/colonizations by 10-20 please.

They have so little hp it is very hard to max bayld when they die so fast and 102310923 people are attacking them.
    (0)

Page 87 of 297 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 ... LastLast