Page 84 of 297 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast
    Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I think it would be cool if they added like enemy crit hit rate -5-10% to ochain. Heres the thing with the shields and the instruments they can add things that aren't game breaking but are worth while enough for ppl to want to upgrade the devs just need to get over this idea that they are overpowered because they are not. The only thing that comes close to being what they mentioned as 150 is aegis in just its mdt. Ppl forget that one stat (Ochains block rate would be the other) don't represent a true 150 shield that if it were to exist would be 150 in all its stats.
    (0)

Character
    Akivatoo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    We ask SE for update just to add Skill on shield, we didn't care about more MDBII on Aegis or More convert DMG to mp on Ochain.
    When you play paladin nowday you parry more often with you'r sword than with you'r shield.
    that stupid to see shield block less than sword ...
    But when you look for understand why, the answer is easy: SKILLl !!!

Data from "Ragnarok.Martel" against lvl 126 mobs:

* [R] is with Reprisal up
    on level 130+ monsters, we can't parse cause result is to close to 0 to be parsed ^^;

We looking for that:

@Rune fencer (that is what we are looking for)

when you see even Shield level 99 buy with 7,000 Sparks have more skill en defence than Aegis and Ochain that turn into joke...

Please dear Camate think about that and Ajust Job Abilitty few exemple:
    - Provoke: Cumulative Enmity 1 Volatile Enmity 1800 (No change since 75 Area)
    - Aggressor: Raises 25 accuracy and lowers evasion by 25 (No change since 75 Area, and totally useless when you have 1200 base accu and you need 1800 accu to hit Ilevel content ilvl135+.
    just turn +25 in +25% to fix it !)
    Ect ....

@Camate can we count on you to have feedback on this few question ?
    #don't ignore us
    (4)
    Last edited by Akivatoo; 01-26-2016 at 02:18 AM.

Character
    Akivatoo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    75 Era:
    My shield

My feet:

Nowday:
    My shield

My feet:

look at defence stat, don't you forget few increasement ?
    (4)
    Last edited by Akivatoo; 01-26-2016 at 03:19 AM.

Please SE !

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    At this point I think SE considers Instruments and Shields 2nd class items. SE has had little if no love for brd, ever since they changed their mind to NOT give Massacre Elegy for player use.
    But aren't the shields and instruments still rather good, unlike mmost of the relic/empyrean weapons?
    (0)

Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yes, and aegis was never about block rate, or defense, it was always about the magic dmg buff. Which is why they dont want to mess with shields/instruments. Sure it would be nice to have it i119 with +242 skill and 100 defense on aegis, but i just dont see it happening.

Ochain still gets to 100% block rate with reprisal, so the only thing that they would do is make them i119 with the exact same stats with no +skill or anything else.

They have said multiple times that content was balanced based on the tanks having level 99 versions of these shield and it would screw things up to go to i119 (not that i agree, i find it silly and arbitrary, but w/e not my call.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Pups323 View Post
    Yes, and aegis was never about block rate, or defense, it was always about the magic dmg buff. Which is why they dont want to mess with shields/instruments. Sure it would be nice to have it i119 with +242 skill and 100 defense on aegis, but i just dont see it happening.

Ochain still gets to 100% block rate with reprisal, so the only thing that they would do is make them i119 with the exact same stats with no +skill or anything else.
    People keep saying Aegis was never about blocking but once upon a time, it was.

Although Aegis is a size 5 shield, it has the same base block rate as a size 3:

* Base block rate of 50% (same as size 3), +/- based on shield skill and Mob Level.

* ~75% damage will be reduced during blocking before account for Shield Mastery.
    At this point, Aegis is like putting the best ranged ws on a weapon with no skill. You make it work, but it it is infuriating.

It would be nice, as said previously, if Aegis blocked 40% of the time. It's not a great blocker and that's okay but it should be better than it is.
    (2)

Ugh, can't edit on mobile? Anyway, that was written about Aegis in 75 era.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    But aren't the shields and instruments still rather good, unlike mmost of the relic/empyrean weapons?
    Good is relative. For the most part why they are still good is because there are not a lot of other options when it comes to shields. If you don't have Ochain then you use the next best shield which is the Oboro one Priwen. And that's pretty much it.

Instruments will always be useful though because they can be swapped out freely, and the magic accuracy skill for them is actually on their main hand weapon so it's not like the lack of skill on them is hurting any.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Good is relative. For the most part why they are still good is because there are not a lot of other options when it comes to shields.
    So....

They're only good...because there's not a lot of options? Isn't it....more likely that they wouldn't be good if their design wasn't good to begin with? Not because there's suddenly more options? Any of the PLDs I've ran with for the longest of time never complained they were useless or "not good"..so it can't be relative unless we've went all these years with these particular set of "crappy" shields.
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pups323 View Post

They have said multiple times that content was balanced based on the tanks having level 99 versions of these shield and it would screw things up to go to i119 (not that i agree, i find it silly and arbitrary, but w/e not my call.
    +242 shield skill is unreasonable, but they can add something that is reasonable for both shields ( and instruments for that matter) that make it worth while to upgrade.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aeron; 01-26-2016 at 04:08 AM.

Page 84 of 297 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast