Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 2962
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenion View Post
    You're forgetting Hastega II, parties love that. What you really want to do if you're supporting an aoe cleave party, though, is roll out Ramuh. Thunderspark isn't great damage, but the paralyze chance is really helpful; Shock Squall is actually a surprisingly effective stun for being an area ability. You won't be the big damage dealer of the party, but you'll add a surprising amount of survivability to the mix.
    Yea, i know people like SMN buffs but I would be bored out of my mind, and basically leeching (in my opinion anyway) if all I did was buff.
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Yea, i know people like SMN buffs but I would be bored out of my mind, and basically leeching (in my opinion anyway) if all I did was buff.
    Like it or not, buffing is summoner's niche these days. It's too slow to heal and too weak to DD. Geomancers and bards get invites just for buffing, and nobody calls them leeches. Besides, if you're really going hard you can give your party members like ten non-redundant buffs and at least five more that overlap with other jobs' rotations, naegling wielders will sell their souls for half that. Not that that's relevant to aoe parties, but really in an aoe setup nobody's contributing much besides the tank and healer; just stunning the pull every 25 seconds on its own probably puts you in third place for MVP just by giving those two a second to breathe.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Geomancers and bards get invites just for buffing
    I would argue that in both cases, their contribution is more impactful and in particular GEO doesn't have to just sit there while their bubbles are up, there is little drain on their MP from geomancy spells alone.

But this is one of the reasons I tend to prefer being solo or with a friend or two, I have more freedom to have fun and get creative and leverage underutilized facets of the jobs I play. I am very much not the sort to just do whatever's meta because it's meta. It's one of the reasons I've been on a personal quest to optimize Gate of Tartarus, yeah, no one else is going to give a toss (unless they have no one else that can give them multi darkness maybe), its just fun to see how far I can take something and answer questions few other people care to answer or ask.

Regardles, the old way we used to gain EXP was more fun and realizing that the only way to get master levels past like 15 is to cleave because of how stupid they made the grind, is one of the reasons I havent been playing much.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-22-2023 at 07:46 PM.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I'd really like to see more "other" merit categories added. And the group limit raised.

Fast Cast +1-20
    Raise spell interrupt to 20
    Raise enmity -/+ to 20

We're effectively double the level merits were added for (150) but this category hasn't improved with age as most other categories have.
    (0)
    Last edited by Uriah; 04-06-2023 at 08:13 AM.

Character
    Lileth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    To create more novelty in FFXI, give one job a big boost in every update cycle. The boost should obviously not be overpowered, but sufficient to disrupt stale job setups and enable new job combinations. It could be very specific to avoid upsetting overall game balance.

For example, for one month, all Sheol C mobs could take multiple damage from avatars, enough to make SMN the premier damage dealer for segment farming, for that cycle.

It would be new and fun, and it wouldn't hurt game balance.
    (3)

Character
    Humeman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 85
    Since FFXI is downsizing, which does not mean the end but clearly alluding to it being on its' last legs...

Break the Game

Allow Monipulators to team up, reach 119 & steamroll dated content for drops you can use on your main character.

(0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    or just enable full monstrosity pvp and remove the icons designating a "mosnter" as player controlled. Then it might actually happen as designed.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Can we not have FFXI remembered as the 'the game dominated by bots'? It deserves better.

I was trying to get some exemplar points yesterday, not only was it near impossible due to the lag in the area caused by bots, but every time I tried to claim a monster, it was taken by masses of people stuck together pulling 24/7. In fact, I don't think some of them have even left the zones since day 1. The rule of 'delay before pulling' doesn't seem to apply to Locus mobs that I can see.

I'm a paying customer, I agree to terms and conditions set by SE when I pay for and subscribe to the game - it works both ways.

I don't mind competition against normal non-cheating players (that's life), but against automation is against the terms and conditions, it's not enjoyable, I'm being denied an ability to actually enjoy the game and yesterday I warped out of the zone with blood pressure and rage! - Not fun....At all.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 04-15-2023 at 05:16 PM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I don't mind competition against normal non-cheating players (that's life), but against automation is against the terms and conditions, it's not enjoyable, I'm being denied an ability to actually enjoy the game and yesterday I warped out of the zone with blood pressure and rage! - Not fun....At all.
    That's what we have XIV's engine for. New technology.

If you truly prefer Vana'diel only. I'd suggest you to try any unofficial server. It's much much much more relaxing and enjoy chat with buddies. Don't want it? I'd suggest you to move to any smaller server. I think Asura will stay the same forever.

Edit: I did a quick Google search because that reminded me something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    $13 players report on $40 bots. How SE is thinking and why they are botting.

In Escha Ru'aun,
    a bot shares the same spot with a bot = no problems
    a bot shares the same spot with a human = problems because bots have no feelings and easily force humans to give up

The question is if SE doesn't care and not ever then why don't you bot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Maybe... Just maybe... People actually like to play the game as intended, and not cheat?
    Nearly 5 years ago. It's just a cheap trick against toxic players. This is the way. So I can carry on to play XIV more. What you want to do. You do you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zehira; 04-16-2023 at 03:03 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Nearly 5 years ago. It's just a cheap trick against toxic players. This is the way. So I can carry on to play XIV more. What you want to do. You do you.
    I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are talking about.
    (1)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Page 288 of 297 FirstFirst ... 188 238 278 286 287 288 289 290 ... LastLast