Page 273 of 297 FirstFirst ... 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 2962
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You've always been able to manually sort the spell list. And spells that aren't usable on your current job don't appear on the spells section of the battle menu (the only place it really matters)- only on the main menu.
    It's faster to press ctrl-m than it is to select the magic option in the battle menu. It does matter.
    (1)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    It's faster to press ctrl-m than it is to select the magic option in the battle menu. It does matter.
    It matters, perhaps, but it matters so little that it may as well not.

I have always used the battle magic menu and I've never had a problem. And I have the magic menu strategiclaly sorted for anything i dont cast via a macro so i can tap left or right and the cursor will always be on the right thing. I'm really not sure how it's faster to press CTRL-M than to press the "Magic" button that is always, always, always visible during a battle.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-28-2022 at 10:53 AM.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quality of life isn't ground breaking. It's improving the little annoyances.

Which is the perfect example. Improved menu experience. A low effort fix, that will improve user experience. A layup. Easy goodwill.

But of course they can't be bothered with actually improving player experience, that doesn't gain or lose money.
    (1)
    Last edited by Uriah; 09-28-2022 at 10:33 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    Quality of life isn't ground breaking. It's improving the little annoyances.

Which is the perfect example. Improved menu experience. A low effort fix, that will improve user experience. A layup. Easy goodwill.

But of course they can't be bothered with actually improving player experience, that doesn't gain or lose money.
    maybe, but something like this is so far down the list of things I'd like to see improved that they could spend years going through the rest of the list before they get to this "issue."
    (0)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    It's a good thing I asked for it more than 10 years ago, that means it's much higher on that list.

And they already said no in 2015, because there's no money to lose or gain, merely a convenience and they can't be bothered to actually care unless there is monetary loss or gain.
    (0)
    Last edited by Uriah; 09-28-2022 at 07:51 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I mean we almost got way more than just a menu tweak, they were working on a whole new mouse/keyboard friendly UI but after a brief stint with a placeholder-asset version on the test server we never saw it again.
    (0)

I'm really not sure how it's faster to press CTRL-M than to press the "Magic" button that is always, always, always visible during a battle.
    There are a multitude of ways to control the game and everyone has their preferred way. Some people use controllers, some use keyboard+mouse, some use keyboard only, some play with a DDR mat, and some play with a banana controller. Clearly you don't use ctrl-m to open the magic menu, but some people do. This suggestion just isn't for you then, doesn't mean it isn't without merit.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    some play with a DDR mat,
    Now there's one I haven't tried yet...

You forgot to mention the DK bongos. Those work pretty well.
    (0)

Player
    Having spells you cannot use on the current job being shown is as stupid as having job abilities shown in grey from your subjob that you can't use because they are level 70 abilities. It's not hard to change this either, they already have a system that tells the UI you can't use them and to display them as grey and so can just change the code from "display as grey" to "show no text"

I can only assume that the only reason they show them as grey is so people don't buy the spell they already own again or something, I can't see any other reason they show you all theses masses of spells as grey when they don't do this with anything else.

I love having all my jobs on one character, but this goes against that.
    (0)

Now there's one I haven't tried yet...

You forgot to mention the DK bongos. Those work pretty well.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Page 273 of 297 FirstFirst ... 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 ... LastLast