Page 234 of 297 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2962
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Did I mention I wanted them gone? I was simply explaining why its being done. People are older now with more expendable income and they are playing by themselves out of greed to get things faster and in more quantity. Not hard for anyone to understand that concept. I think its a loss of revenue on SE's part for not having a cash shop, just looking at XIV and how many people bought that new whale mount due to the expansion hype. Wow, they must have made tons of money just off one mount that probably took them 10 minutes to make.
    I have 6 characters, I barely do any meaningful content at all these days outside of mundane stuff. I know lots of people with a lot of alts that are the same.

I originally had so many to camp multiple HNM in holding groups 10 years ago, then I got attached to them and and enjoyed getting gear for multiple characters and now I can't play unless I have them all active. It's just how many mmorpg players are, people get attached to the characters they have and when they finish gearing up their main or cap all jobs it's nice to have other ones to keep giving you reasons to play.

It's not just greed.

FFXI costs $12 a month, 6 * $12 is $72. There are far easier ways to get gil with $72 than playing 6 characters.

Also, if you have 6 characters you just sextupled how much gil and gear you need to gear up. You can't just have 6 characters and level them to 99 and it's done, you have to gear them all up to be useful.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Sorry sweetie, but you're wrong. Easier ways to get gil than paying 72 dollars? What a laugh, there are so many systems in place that would reward someone paying for 6 characters, you could easily triple your gil for the price you pay monthly. You aren't going to convince me otherwise, and it is simply greed, there is no other way around it.
    (0)

Player
    Sorry sweetie, but you're wrong. Easier ways to get gil than paying 72 dollars? What a laugh, there are so many systems in place that would reward someone paying for 6 characters, you could easily triple your gil for the price you pay monthly. You aren't going to convince me otherwise, and it is simply greed, there is no other way around it.
    They have to do a lot of work to get that gil with 6 characters, plus they need yo be fully geared to be useful too.

It's far easier to have 1-2 characters and have trusts, than play 6 characters.

What do you think everyone is doing with 6 characters to make mass gil? easy ambuscades? or do you really think everyone with multiple characters is bashing out VH ambuscades constantly?

Most f the richest players on the servers I know have at most 1 alt, they merc stuff with their hyper geared main and just use trusts to kill stuff.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 05-20-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Gil literally falls from the sky with multiple accounts. Weekly sparks/acco caps is automatically 12m gil or so. Each Odyssey Sheol C, 500~1m gil per character. Omen farm on each character, ambuscade for each character is a huge gil magnet. These are just the obvious ones, but there are so many different ways that I won't go into. You don't need great gear anymore, now that you can simply buy sets from Ambuscade that you can use to clear basically anything or buying Tier3 Odyssey NM gear. I know all the in/outs of multi-boxing so you aren't going to fool me lol. Just because you enjoy the actual multi-boxing aspect, doesn't mean that the majority don't do it out of greed, they do. People just want to play by themselves now with their little 3rd party program supported armies, and rake in all the benefits. Not really MMO like, but I'm not sure where you're going with this.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's not that you can't make more money, it's that it isn't necessary.
    (0)

Player
    Gil literally falls from the sky with multiple accounts.
    I can make 10-12 million a day with one account and a lot of alts. Gil isn't a reason to multibox, it's a benefit of doing it but it's a lot of work that way.

Far easier with one account and trusts.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Sure thing... I guess thats why everyone and their grandma is 6 boxing these days right? It isn't as much work as you claim to think, there are so many addons now that it makes it not as bad as it used to be.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sure thing... I guess thats why everyone and their grandma is 6 boxing these days right? It isn't as much work as you claim to think, there are so many addons now that it makes it not as bad as it used to be.
    I mean yes, people do it, but hardly "everybody and their grandma." Among my friends, I don't know anyone that 6 boxes. One of them has two accounts. That's it.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    The majority of the population is on Asura, that is why you don't see it. Youre on a dead server.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I know people who multibox just to get gear their LS doesn't want to farm ...like Volte armor.

Shoot, I played BST main forever, but LSes didn't want to bring a BST to events so I had to gear 3 other jobs just to attend LS events so I could lot gear and make progress on my BST.

Multiboxing isn't about greed. It's about convenience. Try asking yourself LS Tank if they find pulling in Dyna-D fun. No tank? No run! :/
    (0)

Page 234 of 297 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 ... LastLast