Page 221 of 297 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 271 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2962
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    It's okay. Asura is very strong and probably running on multiple servers while the rest of others run on shared servers. I won't feel the same way without Asura. As long as you are happy to be in a big linkshell what else should you worry. Nobody's fault for telling anyone to go to Asura and that's why we have the developers to take care of.
    No. Every server uses the same system. One server is actually a bunch of connected computer nodes that each handle parts of the game. This is why your item and character data needs to be retransferred every time you change areas. Each computer node handles some number of different areas. No matter how many or few people there are on a server, the same number of machines is used to maintain all the different areas,m even if nobody is in them.

The only exception is the cloned ambuscade/ WOTG layer zones. They created copies of these areas (which likely required another server instance if not another machine) primarily because Asura had absurd lines to get into contents that used those areas. Other servers actually did have lines for Ambu sometimes, but mostly just after a new update. Every server has the cloned zones though, but they are only really needed on Asura.

Asura is not "very strong." It's very messed up with a multitude of problems that are worse there than any other server ever had, even several years ago. It is plain and simple overpopulated. The game was not designed for Asura's population.

Man, I remember when the adventuring fellow came out, people actually formed a single file line up to the battlefield entrance for the quest and it took forever because only one person could do it at a time. I can only imagine how bad it could have been on Asura. And Pixela is right about the solo player thing. Part of the reason for Asura's problems is the trend of people doing most things by themselves, which puts more pressure on certain contents. This actually lowers the effective optimal population of a server when people aren't grouping anywhere near as much as we did back in the day.

Seriously, stop defending Asura. It's compromised the game experience for so many, both on and off of it. The server populations need to be balanced.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-02-2021 at 05:21 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I wasn't serious about how servers are handling but I know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Asura is not "very strong." It's very messed up with a multitude of problems that are worse there than any other server ever had, even several years ago. It is plain and simple overpopulated. The game was not designed for Asura's population.

Man, I remember when the adventuring fellow came out, people actually formed a single file line up to the battlefield entrance for the quest and it took forever because only one person could do it at a time. I can only imagine how bad it could have been on Asura. And Pixela is right about the solo player thing. Part of the reason for Asura's problems is the trend of people doing most things by themselves, which puts more pressure on certain contents. This actually lowers the effective optimal population of a server when people aren't grouping anywhere near as much as we did back in the day.

Seriously, stop defending Asura. It's compromised the game experience for so many, both on and off of it. The server populations need to be balanced.
    Pixela is right about the solo players and also is right about like to be around a large community. They may feel comfortable about themselves without worrying about people who couldn't take their mind off someone, therefore the reputation is meaningless. Everyone makes a mistake and it's easier to get away with.

As I have pointed out many times, the trust system is a beautiful feature that has changed Vana'diel. This wonderful new feature has helped people to start creating more new bots and RMTs. Maybe, I should have watched out for it while I was away from Vana'diel but you all solo players love it so much like it's no problem. Okay.

I am not defending Asura (you can try offering them a free one-time pass for the world transfer to get them out of Asura and it will expire within a month after they obtain it. Try make your new thread to see who cares lol). I have seen several times that people who aren't happy to be on Asura were suggested to move to a smaller one than Asura and they said nah because they considered the small servers are designed for anti-social people (/shrug) they don't want to. It's just the fact that we have our own community called Asura (silly community). If you think the game wasn't designed for Asura's population then why is SE letting it opened?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As I have pointed out many times, the trust system is a beautiful feature that has changed Vana'diel. This wonderful new feature has helped people to start creating more new bots and RMTs. Maybe, I should have watched out for it while I was away from Vana'diel but you all solo players love it so much like it's no problem. Okay.
    I like Trust, but the proliferation of solo play means fewer players are needed for the server to feel the same level of fullness.

"small servers are for antisocial people" lol, that's the biggest falsehood I've ever heard. If anything, smaller servers have more close-knit communities who actually help each other more out of necessity.

But neither small or big is the best thing. "Just Right" is the best thing.

If you think the game wasn't designed for Asura's population then why is SE letting it opened?
    For years, they didn't. They merely conceded that the world pass system was too big of a barrier to friends trying to play with each other. The World Pass saystem was originally created to help keep server populations balanced- which it did, for as long as it was a thing. Then it was removed, and ppl started saying their server is better than another and imbalances crept in, and magnified over time. Putting the system back in now wouldn't solve the problem, it would take way too long with the number of actual new players entering the game to have any impact on population balance. Only current players can solve this problem now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-03-2021 at 04:50 AM.

Player
    Add instant logout in towns, if you want people to have lots of gobbie alts you should allow us to logout faster.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    And change jobs in town too, for those of us who don't need to spend 20 minutes muleing gear at least

(Aside: There have been times you could find a fake moogle in Lower Jeuno, and you actually get the nomad moogle menu when you click on it, but you can still only view your storage and the change job function doesn't actually do it- suggesting that this functionality is keyed to the zone you're in)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-03-2021 at 05:35 AM.

Character
    Lynh
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Can we please have Omen job cards be storable somewhere in an NPC?

Pardon me if this has already been requested--can we please have Omen job cards be storable somewhere in an NPC? I'm running out of space and don't have the heart to /toss them !!!! Please help!
    (0)

Player
    I suggested they add a new treasure box to mog gardnes, with 80 storage. I dunno why they don't do that. Also make it only viewable when you select it, so it doesn't load anywhere else and cause more lag.
    (0)

Let me / us keep the most awesome sauce trust: Mastui-P for ever !?
    (0)

Player
    Add a warp point to the exit point of Sacrificial Chamber BCNM, the long walk around just encourages people to cheat.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Add a warp point to the exit point of Sacrificial Chamber BCNM, the long walk around just encourages people to cheat.
    is it really that hard to just warp and home point back?

or even better, set the entrance as your home point and just warp. The warp ring will recharge during the fight.
    (0)

Page 221 of 297 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 271 ... LastLast