Page 220 of 297 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2962
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinas View Post
    Clearly it is overcrowded. In a very unhealthy matter. Too hard to notice how the people who always complain are from Asura? RMT there, exploit there, cheater there, Odoros there, salvage offline, Asuran's tears... Actually stay there. I don't think we need oblivious people over other places.
    It is overcrowded with mostly RMT or bots, get rid of them = problem solved. Also, multi-box makes up a huge amount. One LS I was in which had a large amount of "members" (so it appeared) equated to something like 40% multiboxers/alts.
    I think it was one of Ruaumoko's videos on YouTube whereby he walked through Dho Gates to illustrate the point. Every.....Single....Piece....Of.....Land is covered by what appears to be automated players, stuck on top of each other, and then legit players come alone and pay them, because they can't be bothered to CP, and then the problem spreads more and more with 10 yells a second saying "Job Points".

Besides, I don't care about what happens on Asura anymore because I'm in a very active Linkshell and that is my FFXI experience, with yell turned off and not going anywhere near the likes of Dho Gates, I don't tend to not notice anymore. I just feel sorry for new players, returners or others who are left in limbo because they haven't managed to find that great LS, because outside of that, Asura is indeed ugly.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 12-30-2020 at 02:14 AM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Yes I know you're mad about the other thread and just wanted a cheap score, I don't have an ego about FFXI anymore so you wasted your time.
    "Mad" about what thread? I find them all pretty funny to be honest.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinas View Post
    RMT there, exploit there, cheater there, Odoros there
    Oh wow, yes indeed he is, I just checked.... How?
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    You can add him to blacklist to prevent an accident. lol
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    What would be the incentive (in your opinion) to get them off of Asura, seeing as most of them moved from the other servers you are trying to get them to move to?
    Less cheating, less RMT, more EXP camps, more cohesive community, Salvage doesn't break, no lines for content. there's a million reasons to not be on Asura. Most people went to asura because BG or someone else told them to.

The populations of the servers should be balanced, not all on one. Merge down to 4 or 6 servers. Eliminate Asura and spread the population equally amongst the other servers. I guarantee everyone will have a better game experience.
    (1)

Player
    You don't understand what Asura is and why it's popular. The things you state as negatives are why people went there.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    You don't understand what Asura is and why it's popular. The things you state as negatives are why people went there.
    The reason Asura was popular is way back when BG and/or certain others started telling people to go there as the game started to decline. Now it's overcrowdedd at the expense of the other servers. The things I state as negatives are negatives because people went there. Balanced server populations are better for everyone. This is why the World Pass system originally existed, as well. Asura magnifies the problems we've always had and concentrates them in one place.. It is the prime example of why more is only better up to a point. It is a plain and simple fact that Asura is overcrowded, having more players now than any one server had at the game's peak. The problem is you tell people what server is the most populated, they'll want to go there even though they're not really aware that the most populated server isn't necessarily the best server. This is true for every MMO in existence that uses distinct world servers (in FFXIV for instance, the higher the server population the harder it is to obtain land and housing). More players is only good up to the player count the game was originally built to handle per server, which Asura almost certainly is exceeding.

You should really re-read your comment by the way, because I sincerely doubt people came to Asura with the express purpose of having to wait to get into contents, deal with Odoro, more RMT spam than the rest of the game combined, not to mention almost certainly more lag. I don't know anyone that WANTS those things.
    (0)

Player
    It's popular because it's full of solo players that like to be around a large community, they like to be able to buy job points, they like to be able to buy gear, they like the "toxic" /yell. That you do not like these things does not mean everyone else is the same.

Some come to Asura because they think the population of 3-4k will make getting groups easier, it's really hard to make groups. It's full of solo players.

Lets use some logic, if nobody was buying the job points or gear the people would not be selling them. Demand drives supply and if you see spam in /yell for job points it's because there is a mass amount of demand.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 01-01-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It's okay. Asura is very strong and probably running on multiple servers while the rest of others run on shared servers. I won't feel the same way without Asura. As long as you are happy to be in a big linkshell what else should you worry. Nobody's fault for telling anyone to go to Asura and that's why we have the developers to take care of.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Evogolist View Post
    1) Make locating quest NPCs and/or quest description easier I think one of the biggest issues and gripes of the game is not knowing which npcs are quest givers, let alone which ones are related to a particular quest. The only way that a player can even identify who is who is by either having a hard copy of an out of date Brady's Guide like I do, or searching the web for a guide. In today's MMO's, quest npcs have become a lot easier to locate due to having some sort of Icon to signal that they are a quest giver or associated with a quest that a player has currently undertaken. I think the addition of this would alleviate a lot of stress that comes with doing quests in the game.
    Kinda necro-bumping OP's, I could really use this update. Seeing so many undone quest marker on maps can really help me feels compelled to finish em all. Aside from Adoulin which is semi-forced in order to obtain Ygnas trust, majority of older expansion side quests still left untouched. Few that I find actually got quite interesting story, like that beauty-&-the-beast & pinocchio type side quest story i found long time ago in ToAU.
    (0)

Page 220 of 297 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 ... LastLast