Page 173 of 296 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2951
    Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Maybe I am the only person who would think this would be worth stepping back (a little bit) from gameplay to work on, but I could sure go for an updated soundtrack as they have done with other rereleases like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X, and Final Fantasy XII. If Final Fantasy XI was truly the most profitable Final Fantasy game at some point, the resources ought to be there, right?

That would enhance my quality of life for the game to sound more authentic and less like the PS2 version of "He's a Pirate."
    (0)
    Last edited by Ketaru; 11-17-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The remaster soundtracks have been relatively hit and miss, and I personally wouldn't suggest XI go down that route mindful of the fact we have so many zones without music at all that I would much prefer see some genuine aural boost.

Anyway, my earlier sub/transfer qualm aside, a couple things I've been reminded of while playing:

- A way to peek into FoV/GoV caskets to see what's inside and if they're subsequently worth trying to unlock
    - Something really, really, really needs to be done about animation locks. Forming small trains trying to farm up my alchemy torque, it wasn't uncommon to not be able to move/(dis)engage for a good 30+ seconds due to enemy spell animations and such preventing it.
    - Some kind of template system to summon preferred Trust parties either in one combined long cast or a sequential summoning. Wasting macro slots for this isn't something I consider ideal.
    - More /equipset space, ideally 20 per job instead of 60 total.
    - Trusts/pets level up when you do to avoid resummoning them.
    - Map icons for NPC shops (to generally indicate they buy/sell things--differentiation from static, regional, and guild vendors preferred)
    - Chat log indication that weather in a zone has changed.
    - Possibly expanding the send/receive slots to 12 or 16.
    - NMs on Widescan have a larger red dot or other icon.
    - Add a "Request" option to the AH when browsing an item where you can deposit the amount of gil you'd wish to buy an item for. When players go to sell, they can browse through listed requests or just sell normally. Limit to 1 or 2 requests per character. If a request is filled, send a chat log notification.

- If an NM has an RoE quest, auto-set it upon engagement if there is room.
    - Consolidate all EXP/CP rings to the Eschad ring, increasing its max pool, lowering its cooldown to an hour, and working with CP, too.
    - Change /logout time when in towns to 5 seconds.
    - Add a "/quicklogout <character>" command that swaps from your current character to the designated one on your account without going back to the login menu.
    - Remove Copper/Silver vouchers and just automatically add them to your AMAN pool when received.
    - I'd suggest doing the same with all types of seals and Shami, but some quests do use them for trades still, so...
    - If using the sort feature, if you have a stackable item in in your case/sack/satchel and receive another in your inventory, automatically move it to wherever that one is and stack it if possible.
    - A way to convert equipment into purely slot skins so they no longer take up inventory space, but can still be chosen for wardrobe purposes. Equipment with stats or other functions would lose such if converted.
    - Add random mobs to all zones that don't show up on Widescan, but if found and killed, grant substantial loot (gil, crystals, mats) compared to your average mob relative to the area. Can have like an hour cooldown so they're more about luck than actively farming.
    - If a Mog Tablet is in a zone, give a suggestive chat log message about it.
    - When viewing PUP attachments at the AH, let them show green if you own them and aren't on the job. Same for COR rolls.
    - An inventory solely for ammunition, food, and meds.
    - A way to summon the Ephemeral Moogle, or adding the crystal trade-to functionality to something like the Mog Specs.

...and probably a couple other things I'm forgetting off the top of my head.
    (3)

Player
    Please add sound effect option to other communication channels. Only /tell has such option at the moment, I'd particularly love to hear when someone writes something in /p and /l.
    Also equipping more than 2 linkshells at once would be great.
    (2)

Player
    I know this is never going to happen, but I just want to have it said.

I would love to see evasion (and guard)completely redesigned to be like parrying. +100 evasion does literally nothing. Change that to evasion +5% and then it will actually make evasion builds mean something. It's essentially impossible to evade ANYTHING from an enemy that is EM or better. Guard rates with max skill are still abysmally low.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 11-29-2018 at 07:25 AM.

Character
    Brinz
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Evogolist View Post
    1) Make locating quest NPCs and/or quest description easier I think one of the biggest issues and gripes of the game is not knowing which npcs are quest givers, let alone which ones are related to a particular quest. The only way that a player can even identify who is who is by either having a hard copy of an out of date Brady's Guide like I do, or searching the web for a guide. In today's MMO's, quest npcs have become a lot easier to locate due to having some sort of Icon to signal that they are a quest giver or associated with a quest that a player has currently undertaken. I think the addition of this would alleviate a lot of stress that comes with doing quests in the game.
    I would love this so much, the only way I play this game is with a second monitor and the Wiki always up, I don't need it to hold my hand every step of the way, but just an idea of starting NPCs, destination steps, and finishing NPCs would be amazing.
    (0)

Character
    Lucor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've thought of a few QoL suggestions while playing, hopefully I'm not repeating ideas that were already suggested, but the thread is a bit too long to read and the forum search results aren't t that detailed. Making the forum's search results show more detail, like the FF14 forums do, can kind of be my first suggestion.

Now for the actual in game QoL suggestions. There has been a lot of steps to help clean up inventory space, but I do think some items have been overlooked. There are a lot of unique gear rewarded from quests that are not repeatable, so if you were to delete them you could never require them. A lot of these pieces may become or always have been useless, but with the inclusion of the /lockstyle command, these items could still be used to dress up our characters. Some of these items can't be sent to characters on the same account, like the Opo-opo crown or the Puppetmaster's original Animator, but some of them are on the cannot send list like the Glory Crown. Also on the cannot send list are pieces like Shiva's Claws and Lightning Ring from the Avatar trial quests; where, although their quests are repeatable, the rewards aren't. I think a lot of these items should have a method to store them, like a Storage Slip.

The alternative solution would be to allow these items to be sent to another character on your account, but since most of them are Rare, you'd have to throw away one copy or mail them to another character if you ever decide to do the quests on the character you stored them on.

Some other gear I'd like to see have a storage method is the old Magian Trial weapons. With how they took a lot of work to complete, it's hard to just toss them away, it's like a physical representation of tossing your time away, but in digital form. We already know augmented gear can be stored if there are no active trials on them, because the relic armor are pieces that were augmented and can be stored on Storage Slips.

If the Magian weapons can't be stored in their current forms, how about adding new trials that will let us upgrade them further into a form that can be stored. You can make the old weapons upgraded into ilvl weapons we can use today. Many of these pieces have worthwhile modifiers to them would be great on an ilvl 119 weapons. A few of note are the BLM staves that decrease casting time for their select affinity or the SMN staffs that reduce the perpetual cost and blood pact delay to their select affinity. The SMN staffs can still be used for supportive Blood Pacts, but they lack any magic accuracy so are only usable as a pre-cast weapon. The BLM staves fall into the same boat, but only on spells that take long enough to cast that you can switch back to your real weapon in time.

I'd also like to note that thanks to the acc on gear from ambuscade and the reforged AF and relic armor, it's now possible to melee when playing BLM and SMN solo, or in a group doing something like ambuscade where it's impossible to stand out of range of enemy AoE attacks. Having to swap out to the trial weapon for pre-cast would destroy the ability to WS since changing weapons resets TP.

If any of that is not possible, a different idea kind of goes into the next QoL suggestion;, how about making it possible to trade Magian trial weapons to the A.M.A.N. Reclaimer for Reclamation Points based on how difficult and time consuming their progression was. The A.M.A.N. reclamation system was a nice addition to the game when having gear you didn't need anymore but didn't feel right deleting, but I was disappointed when I saw it only took ilvl gear. It would be nice if lower level rare/ex gear you had to hunt for was added to the reclamation list.

Another QoL suggestion I would like to make is having something like an /equipset for BLU spells. There are many ways a BLU can configure their spells to be optimal for different situations, but with all the spells a BLU can learn, it can become a big inconvenience having to go through the spell list when making big changes. The spell set option could be added under the Blue Magic category right below 'Set Spells'. If we were given 5-10 available customizable sets for the spells, it would be a large time saver. It would also make it not so horrifying when accidentally setting you sub to BLU, and get you spell set erased.

My next QoL suggestion is in regards to the Trust system. The system has been great for times when you'd like to do content that you can't find other players to help you with, however with how complex and/or difficult some content can be, Trusts will die on you quickly. For the Walk of Echos and Wildkeeper Reives this problem is solved by allowing players to re summon trusts even when we have enmity, so we can continue fighting in a full party. In other content though, the Trusts die and leave you with one less party member to attempt to complete the content with. Since removing the enmity restriction in all content would break the balance of the game, my suggestion is have a set period where your allowed to raise your Trust in a weakened state, as you would a normal party member.

This ability would also allow you to have some trusts that could cast reraise on themselves, or other party members. They would still be limited to needing to cast the spell at the cost of MP, so it wouldn't be any different than if it were another player who did the same. If anything, this would help make the Trust system more on par with playing with actual people.

Finally, I have one suggestion that isn't a Qol. With the release of Trusts, our adventurer fellows have pretty much become pointless. I have come up with a few ideas to help bring some life back into them. One suggestion would be adding a system where you can send them out looking for items, kind of like the retainers do in FF14. The pool of items your retainer can find would be based on their level, which you would level using the current system.

If such a system would be too much, how adding a quest when your adventuring fellow hits level 99. In the quest they could talk about how much stronger they feel they've gotten since they met you and proceed to pick you up and give you a piggy back ride. They could say things like "Your light as a feather" and "You can call me anytime you need a lift!" The could then reward the player with a ♪Adventuring Fellow? to summon them as a mount.
    (1)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Could we have the respawn timers of HNMs adjusted?
    Waiting hours/days to get a pop for Sky Gods in Escha Ru'Aun is... painful
    (1)

My only suggestions:

* Bring it back to the current / next console generation where it belongs ! (PS4 / PS5)
    (if im not mistaken PS4 have some sort of ability to emulate PS2 games so why not do it?)

* FFXI Classic servers !
    (new servers with no option for current players to migrate / move to these servers, so it will be fair from start)

- Would i pay the normal monthly subscription fee? - HELL YES !
    - Would i like to see updated graphics / fps ? - Hell Yes !, but... im perfectly fine with the original too. (its still beautiful)
    (1)

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughlyn View Post
    snip
    I don't think these are QoL suggestions.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Justuas View Post
    I don't think these are QoL suggestions.
    oh really?

well, im pretty sure they are.
    Maybe not to you but since im only speaking for myself, im pretty sure they are QoL enough for me.
    (0)

Page 173 of 296 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 ... LastLast