Page 13 of 297 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Another way this could be implemented would be like the records of eminence quests (storyline, not goals). When you enter a zone and meet the requirements for the starter quest as well as after you've completed 50 of them (and I assume 100) you see a short message to the extent of "You have an inclination you should speak with [NPC Name] around [Position]".

If you have a lot of quests flagged this could spam your chat log so a little text command to enable/disable it would be great. I don't know if other people are like me, but I'll get into "quest mode" where all I'll want to do are quests for a day or week, and then I'll decide to focus on battle content for a while, so enabling/disabling this would be great.

This would resemble the recommendations feature of XIV more than the floating quest icons.
    (1)

Greetings, everyone!

I have a couple of quality of life-related updates I would like to share with you.

First, the below is a comment from Akihiko Matsui in regards to item stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Matsui here.

Items that cannot be stacked are mainly separated into two different groups.

The first group is items that system-wise cannot be stacked.

This would be items such as equipment, large fish, and furnishings that cannot stack due to the fact they have additional information added to them such as augments, size/weight, and layout information.

The other group is items that cannot be stacked from a lore-perspective.

For example, ore, logs, skins, and other materials before they are processed to ingots or other items have been set so they cannot be stacked due to the fact that their size would make adventurers’ gobbiebags too huge to carry.

For the former, it would be difficulty system-wise to change this, but for material items and such that cannot stack due to lore, we would like to make it so they can be stacked so players can more easily enjoy synthesis.

Similarly for ammo, we are planning to make it so Nokkhi Jinjahl will stack the newly added ammo, but in order to address new ammo with this NPC it requires a bit more time, and we appreciate your patience.

As there are a vast number of items to address in addition to auction house and delivery box adjustments for this, I cannot give a specific implementation time as of yet; however, we are in the process of working on this.
    Also, though not necessarily "quality of life," but still a nice adjustment that is on the horizon, we will be making it so slow affects enemies that only use AoE attacks as their regular attack in the March version update.
    (20)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm all for lore but, if I can carry a large bed in my gobbie bag, I can carry several stacks of logs...
    (18)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    I'm all for lore but, if I can carry a large bed in my gobbie bag, I can carry several stacks of logs...
    This.

If i can shove 80 full sized Royal beds into my gobbie bag, there is no logical reason something like a small chunk of copper or zinc ore can't stack...
    (9)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    I don't bother with collecting ores and synthing them not because they don't stack but because I find mining unenjoyable. Stackable ore won't make finding mining points any less inane.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    I don't bother with collecting ores and synthing them not because they don't stack but because I find mining unenjoyable. Stackable ore won't make finding mining points any less inane.
    But it will make worm parties and getting Norg fame less annoying!

(I know entirely too many people who got all the BB items and then realized they didn't have enough Norg fame to flag the quest...)
    (5)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Stuff about stacks
    Yes please, yes please, yes please. Can you add potions, drinks and foods to that list? Honestly please make everything except the former list stack. Being able to carry a stack of yagudo drink or melon juice isn't gamebreaking, it's just pleasant. Also the number of unstackable foods is one of the things holding me back from cooking. Thank you!
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes please! If I can effortlessly carry 3840 anvils in my undies and look none the worse for it, I should be able to do the same with things like yagudo necklaces and ores.
    (6)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Yes please, yes please, yes please. Can you add potions, drinks and foods to that list? Honestly please make everything except the former list stack. Being able to carry a stack of yagudo drink or melon juice isn't gamebreaking, it's just pleasant. Also the number of unstackable foods is one of the things holding me back from cooking. Thank you!
    If you are willing to gamble, you can try your luck farming caskets in east altepa desert for a casaba melon tank. 50 charges to dispense melon juice. Overall, the zone has been pretty kind to me if I go to get a new one. But then again, it could turn out to be a 3 day affair like I ended up doing for herders subligar.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    If you are willing to gamble, you can try your luck farming caskets in east altepa desert for a casaba melon tank. 50 charges to dispense melon juice. Overall, the zone has been pretty kind to me if I go to get a new one. But then again, it could turn out to be a 3 day affair like I ended up doing for herders subligar.
    Sadly you have to equip the tank and use it to get the juice out of it. Not useful in an urgent situation.
    (1)

Page 13 of 297 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast