Page 12 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    People also thought having a joyuse or a riddle used to be a huge accomplishment along with having a maat's cap. Yet now you see people who have burned up every job to 99 with a maat's cap these days. Do you need one? No. It might kill the oooo factor sure, but you hear no one whining about how that should stay the hardest head item in the game to get forever. The game is changing and getting older and SE should probably do somethings to make it last longer. No one in this thread has said anything near the easiness it is to get your AF in XIV for mythics. There is no oh I think you should get a completed 75 mythic after doing the quest to break the base weapon for the weapon skill. That for sure would be a slap in the face vs asking for just a little of time spent being shaved off.
    And that's exactly the reason why I think long term goal is important in this game. A lot of people I know of start long term goal in this game, and keep playing so they can accomplish that long term goal. It's one aspect that'd appeal some people, thus making the game last longer.

If this game only has long term goal, then maybe it's bad. Because players that liked short term goal will quit. But this game has one billion short term goals if you don't like long term goal, idk the reason to kill more long term goal so people quit faster. A game needs to please both long term goal fans and short term goal fans to last longer. Not to eliminate one group and cause sub drop. Remember how sub drop after Abyssea? Remember how sub drop after SoA? That's what happen when SE try to eliminate the value of long term goal to please short term goal fans. And it's hard to recover from the dmg now.

Maat's cap is more of a sacrifice while making the lving speed faster. Lving speed was way too slow, so it's necessary to make it faster so everyone can enjoy more content. And maat's cap just got hit. It's a fair trade.

But you gain NOTHING from making mythic obtainable in like 1 month or something, besides a new gear start to lose value after 1 months of boring grind. You purposely reduce the mythic requirement, for the sake of some people wanting a Mythic. You don't really get to do more content if Mythic is faster, in fact you'd probably ended up doing less content by spending next month doing old content for mythic.

That is not the same, stop making arguement against current mythic requirement, using examples that's not relevant to my reasons to support current Mythic requirement.

I defend for Mythic requirement because I like to spend 1 year to finish a weapon, I don't like to spend 1 week to finish a gear and toss it next update like all other SoA gears. I pay this MMO for long term goals, if I want more short term goal I wouldn't even playing FFXI. If you want to convince me how making Mythic short term goal a better choice, you better convince me how FFXI with only short term goal is better than other short term goal MMO.
    (4)
    Last edited by Afania; 01-29-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Subs dropped after abyssea due to XIV initial release partly again for when SoA came out. There will always be rubber banding in subs because when it comes to mmos a lot of people seem to have short attention spans and start complaining about nothing to do because they went and did a binge weekend doing everything that came out in this or that patch release. Again no one is asking to be able to get a mythic after a month. We'll not most. Most are asking maybe a month or two less. Again who are you to say that something that took you no time to finish wasn't a long term goal to someone else? You talk a lot about pov and yet always seem to feel if someone else didn't manage to complete something as quickly as you that it doesn't weigh as much as your own accomplishment because it was easy for you. Look at the person who can't even get their mats for their pup AF and the mats needed for new automaton bodies because they're semi new and cant afford to buy them off the Ah and might be on a server that's a ghost town. To you and me that might be a short term goal because we can get those mats easily but to them it might be a long term goal. Anyway it's obvious that you won't budge on your view and we have beaten this dead horse so much it's alive again.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Subs dropped after abyssea due to XIV initial release partly again for when SoA came out. There will always be rubber banding in subs because when it comes to mmos a lot of people seem to have short attention spans and start complaining about nothing to do because they went and did a binge weekend doing everything that came out in this or that patch release. Again no one is asking to be able to get a mythic after a month. We'll not most. Most are asking maybe a month or two less. Again who are you to say that something that took you no time to finish wasn't a long term goal to someone else? You talk a lot about pov and yet always seem to feel if someone else didn't manage to complete something as quickly as you that it doesn't weigh as much as your own accomplishment because it was easy for you. Look at the person who can't even get their mats for their pup AF and the mats needed for new automaton bodies because they're semi new and cant afford to buy them off the Ah and might be on a server that's a ghost town. To you and me that might be a short term goal because we can get those mats easily but to them it might be a long term goal. Anyway it's obvious that you won't budge on your view and we have beaten this dead horse so much it's alive again.
    XIV initial release barely put a dent in XI, that game wasn't very successful. I know plenty of people quit because of Abyssea. Some quite when Abyssea hit because endgame LS dead. Some quite during Abyssea because they finish everything and got bored.

It took me about 3 years+ to finish Mythic, I know a lot of people spent less time than that and I avg slightly more time compare with those who actually finished. That doesn't mean I should use my standard to judge whether Mythic is long or short. Whether a goal is long or short, is depend on how it is compare with other goals, not player's ability to finish them.

AF costs around 3M to finish. Mythic cost 300M, relic currently still cost 60M+. So AF is 1/100 of mythic and less than 1/20 of relic, THAT makes AF a short term goal. You can't argue that AF is long term goal because you play 1hr a week and make 100k a day, and it took you 30 weeks to finish. If that's the case anyone can purposly play very little MMO or purposely make very little gil everytime they play, and argue that the game has a lot of content.

If someone can't finish PUP AF, why'd he/she worry about not having a Mythic? The game keep them busy as it is. But for those who can finish AF in a day as a short term goal, the game needs long term goal to make them stick in this game longer, not to kill half of the long term goal in this game so they finish Mythic faster and quit.
    (1)

Hello,

Thank you for the all suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Evogolist View Post

1) Make locating quest NPCs and/or quest description easier I think one of the biggest issues and gripes of the game is not knowing which npcs are quest givers, let alone which ones are related to a particular quest. The only way that a player can even identify who is who is by either having a hard copy of an out of date Brady's Guide like I do, or searching the web for a guide. In today's MMO's, quest npcs have become a lot easier to locate due to having some sort of Icon to signal that they are a quest giver or associated with a quest that a player has currently undertaken. I think the addition of this would alleviate a lot of stress that comes with doing quests in the game.
    Unfortunately adding this would be difficult due to the way the client functions. The development team is aware that returning players are having a difficult time questing, and in future version updates they are striving to make it easier to play from various angles, such as the easing of quest requirements that are triggered by fame levels, etc.

As Producer Akihiko Matsui has mentioned previously, the development team will continue to improve quality of life aspects of the game moving forward in each version update, so that the game will be more comfortable to play.

We’ll continue to submit your requests and suggestions to the development team, so please keep them coming!
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Is there a way you can add a new form of marker such as a red one to go with the green & purple we already have, and let this new marker show the location of quest NPCs on your map? I understand being unable to show icons directly on the screen above a NPCs head, but I think this sounds more feasible and much less in the way.
    (5)

Character
    Bigdave
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    they could have the map marker npc highlight them like they do for storage npc etc
    (3)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Unfortunately adding this would be difficult due to the way the client functions.
    Can you at least publish the information on playonline.com, as has been done with XIV?
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Hello,

Unfortunately adding this would be difficult due to the way the client functions. The development team is aware that returning players are having a difficult time questing, and in future version updates they are striving to make it easier to play from various angles, such as the easing of quest requirements that are triggered by fame levels, etc.

As Producer Akihiko Matsui has mentioned previously, the development team will continue to improve quality of life aspects of the game moving forward in each version update, so that the game will be more comfortable to play.

We’ll continue to submit your requests and suggestions to the development team, so please keep them coming!
    At the very least, updating old quest and mission descriptions with more descriptive text would help. Many old quests don't give a destination or even the name of the item you are hunting for. Surely an update to text wouldn't break anything, as they've fixed item descriptions and NPC text with localization problems before. Also, what about quests with difficult requirements now, like The Gustaberg Tour, needing a party of people below a certain level, which is going to be a rare thing with how few people are leveling at any given time, and you can't sync that low in level, and you level so fast?

Markers have the problem of there only being so many storable in memory, and it might break console versions to add more, with their static amount of RAM that the game must fit in.
    (5)

Hello,

Thank you Camate for the response. I kinda figured it was a long shot, but thought I'd give it a try. I'm pretty sure between the client limitations and the amount of time it would have taken to implement this suggestion, it was probably impossible. Oh well, I tried lol. Anyways one suggestion down only X amount to go...hehe.
    (1)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Is there a way you can add a new form of marker such as a red one to go with the green & purple we already have, and let this new marker show the location of quest NPCs on your map? I understand being unable to show icons directly on the screen above a NPCs head, but I think this sounds more feasible and much less in the way.
    on the map isn't a bad idea if its feasible, but the over the head thing I'm glad isn't possible. One of the most annoying trends in modern gaming
    (2)

Page 12 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast