Page 127 of 296 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2954
    Character
    Dyrandal
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Please resume development on the updated UI!
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    While this is an interesting idea, the entire concept of merit points is very different from job points, especially in the sense that they can be earned on any job you wish. Balance adjustments have been made based on the caps for each job’s merit point categories, so making it possible to max out each one would result in the necessity for re-balancing. Due to these reasons we do not have any plans at the moment to make it possible to max out all merit point categories.
    Perhaps it could be addressed on a job-by-job basis? I doubt that there would be any balance implications if BLM could max out all AMII's or RDM could get all their debuffs. It always seemed rather unfair that certain jobs have to spread out their merits more than others just to get the base functionality. There are also quite a few that feel like they should be baked-in to the jobs rather than merit choices at this point.

For example, BST's "Beast Affinity" is essentially required to compensate for the undocumented oddities of jug pets. (There is nothing on the jugs that state their level when used in ilvl gear, which determines the level they spawn at.) Not choosing Double/Triple Attack for WAR/THF is most likely a bad choice.

Choices like those don't really count as "choices" if not choosing them is a flat-out error. Maybe we can get some of the "choices" like these converted into traits @ 99? If not, maybe simply increase the cap by 5 in each category for jobs that have 4-5 choices, and allow the elemental categories to be fully capped? (or at least possible to have even numbers across them all? Asymmetry bothers me.)
    (3)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've always been of the mind that ANY merit JA or Spell should be learned naturally with the merit then enhancing it in some manner. I'd honestly extend this to the WS nowadays, too. As others have frequently noted, not all merits (or categories) are created equal.
    (0)

Player
    Any plans to allow people entry in Vagary or Delve alone, like with Dyna?
    (0)
    Last edited by Jin_Uzuki; 08-21-2016 at 05:45 AM.

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Any chance we could get the combat/magic skill displays to show every skill type you've unlocked a job for(instead of only the skills your immediate job allows for), as well as your actual value per whatever job it's the highest on, and lastly the cap you're currently capable of?
    (0)

<stenemy>, {Can I have it?}

The functionality exists in game, since if you select an offensive spell/JA from the menu, it won't let you cast it on a random npc. Can we have a "macro pronoun" that exactly mimics this?

<stnpc> exists but it will pick up soul pyres, ???s, npc objects.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    I've always been of the mind that ANY merit JA or Spell should be learned naturally with the merit then enhancing it in some manner. I'd honestly extend this to the WS nowadays, too. As others have frequently noted, not all merits (or categories) are created equal.
    Doesn't happen naturally because the client's hardcoding. They're through merits/JP because it allows them to introduce new skills/abilities/etc beyond that hardcoded limit.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    please add a feature that allows to buy 99 Displacers in Jugner forest or change default option to "yes" so ppl can just spam enter. buying 300-400 displacers in chatspam aint exactly fun.
    (2)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah, there's a /targetbnpc, but I think they forgot the <tag> version. The former's obviously useless if you're already engaged to a mob.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Doesn't happen naturally because the client's hardcoding. They're through merits/JP because it allows them to introduce new skills/abilities/etc beyond that hardcoded limit.
    You don't know this, and there's no evidence to support this, especially since the merit system, in its full scope, existed prior to the addition of the four most recent jobs. Supporting my argument, all four of those jobs (SCH, DNC, GEO, RUN) have a plethora of baseline abilities and/or spells unique to the job.

The design of the merit system didn't have had anything to do with compartmentalizing abilities/spells for programming reasons.

As to job points, a few jobs get spells through JP that other jobs get baseline. It's done this way merely for the sake of feeling like your character is growing stronger, in regard to both systems.
    (0)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 08-22-2016 at 02:59 AM.

Page 127 of 296 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 ... LastLast