Page 116 of 297 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2962
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    Thats why i asked to reduce the timer to Steal from mobs. from 5 to 3 min would be already a huge help for those trying to beat Maat on THF.
    I understand that. I was suggesting that you try a different approach to Maat so you don't have to rely on luck (as much) to beat him.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    I understand that. I was suggesting that you try a different approach to Maat so you don't have to rely on luck (as much) to beat him.
    The poster is using "trying to beat maat on THF" to describe the entire process including farming the testimony. Stealing the the testimony is still a pain.
    (0)

I understand that, which is why I said I'm not opposed to lowering the cooldown. I'm trying to help Spectreman so he only has to steal one more testimony. But let's try a different approach.

Are you actually killing the mob after trying to steal, or just using Hide to shed hate? If someone has already stolen the testimony and the mob isn't killed, it's testimony is never restored. I'm pretty sure even despawning the mob doesn't restore it.
    (0)

Character
    Akiro
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    New high-tier bcnm: "The Wyrm God". Drops a iLvl 119 version of twilight helm/mail and/or other weapons from the original fight.

New healing trust/cipher that is a pixie (like the mob/npc from the WoTG expansion).

The ability/function to send monsters from monster rearing to your mog house. You dont take care of them as you do in your mog garden though; they either roam or standby in your mog house for aesthetic/simple entertainment reasons. Bigger monsters are incompatible since they won't fit. The monster will respond when spoken to and may give the player an item, based on how happy they were in your mog garden.

A fomor masque obtainable from a halloween event or login points item in October. Instead of an activatable timed "costume" function thats selectable in your items menu when equipped, it just changes the players face/head appearance to resemble the fomor version of the player face/hair style. Or if it would be simpler, it could be a fomor cloak that the player wears and it changes the players face to look like a fomor.

A limited time offer where the square enix store sells the 3 nation rings again but this time each ring comes with a code for an HQ nation ring in-game item. (Similar to the tidal talisman purchase offer, which was awesome and I still have mine ).
    (0)
    Last edited by Akiro; 06-25-2016 at 11:06 AM.

I hope they never make an ilvl twlight set. As a PLD main who abused the crap out of BST in aby, that set was OP.

I like it where it's at now, it's a huge loss to equip it. Many times you die with twilight equipped these days--it's because you have twilight equipped that you died.

That said, it should be patched to all jobs, or likewise armor should be introduced to all jobs but just as "weak", by today's standards.
    (0)

Character
    Akiro
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I hope they never make an ilvl twlight set. As a PLD main who abused the crap out of BST in aby, that set was OP.

I like it where it's at now, it's a huge loss to equip it. Many times you die with twilight equipped these days--it's because you have twilight equipped that you died.

That said, it should be patched to all jobs, or likewise armor should be introduced to all jobs but just as "weak", by today's standards.
    Ok so maybe they could replace Auto-Reraise with a different perk. Maybe with "reflects x% of magic damage taken back to the user", "converts x% of damage taken to MP", or "often mitigates damage taken when under x% HP".
    (0)

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    This isn't brought up nearly enough and has been an extremely long standing issue: Please fix missed Linkshell and Tell messages on zoning. FFXI is a social game at it's core and communication is perhaps the most important aspect in the game period. Some use voice chat, but I'm in 2 end game LS and not only do I not favor using voice chat but neither does either LS. Please fix this long standing issue, I am a programmer I know you could put some sort of message queue on the client that is flushed on zoning. Perhaps it is more complex than that, but please, please please. I'm so tired of having to type zoning or zonega or having others do the same and wondering if they missed part of the conversation. Not only for friendly chats but organizing. Try organizing an event for an endgame LS and having to repeat things 2-3x sometimes because people missed messages on zoning, it is frustrating and one of the largest quality of life improvements that could be made for time to reward payoff.

The only issues I consider on par with those are Animation Lock, Line of sight and monster pathing and Chasing down monsters as a melee to engage them even if you are technically in range.

Animation Lock: If you are fighting on say THF and need to take out your weapons, there is an animation lock. If battle ends, and you are putting away your weapons, there is an animation lock. If you are targeted by spells, you can sometimes if multiple enemies be animation locked for over ten seconds. Sometimes this actually leads to player death and it is highly esoteric and frustrating. Multihit with haste cap can also have animation lock, making it impossible to position for Sneak Attack or Trick Attack for sometimes extremely long periods of time. Combine this altogether, you are farming a lot of mobs with trusts, getting hit with numerous spells, haste capped and attacking like crazy, you can actually spend more time NOT in control of your character movement than you ARE. I find this issue a reason to even not play melee much of the time, it's highly poor quality of life and makes things very unpleasant and this too is an extremely long standing issue I and many others don't like and wish was brought up more the problem is players have gotten used to this "being the way it is" after so long and accept it. This is the quality of life changes thread though and this would be a HUGE quality of life change.

Line of sight and monster pathing: Say you are ranger, or thief, you use your ranged weapon to get hate on a mob and start battle. The monster will run in a half circle to the right, and your second shot will fail to fire because you can not see the mob. This is extremely frustrating as every battle, you have to reposition yourself and wait for the mob to come to you OR use terrain to force the monsters path. It makes the player feel they are constantly working and fighting against a bad system and I am unsure why this is programmed this way, perhaps it was at one time seen as a balance change (so ranged damage dealers wouldn't start every fight with 2-3 shots off before the monster can fight back?) or perhaps it was always that way. This is not intuitive play nor engaging or fun mechanics. It's basically a huge pain and frustrating even if it makes very little outcome to battle victories. The simplest solution to this is have the monster simply take the shortest route to any ranged attacker rather than looping around. Not only will the ranged attack take damage sooner but it eliminates having to use terrain or waiting and the great deal of frustration with this pathing mechanic. I see it as also changing how cleaving you find a wall on your right side, but it would also probably eliminate the need to do that.

Lets say you avoid the whole thing and just run up and melee something. Then you have to deal with yet another long standing mechanic Chasing down monsters as a melee to engage them even if you are technically in range. Monsters stand still and roam but nothing is more frustrating than running up to a monster, and it starts roaming and you have to chase it down for like 10 seconds or more until it stops moving to hit it. You can literally be following it almost right on top of it, but for some reason until it stops roaming and moving, no melee hits will go off at all. What is more frustrating even still, is that if you use pets to just assault or attack, they do not have this problem, they can auto attack roaming targets 100% of the time with no problem so why can't melee?

My last long standing issue is blinking/reloading the resources of people. This was often fixed thanks to lockstyles, which have been a huge hit and everyone loves lockstyle. Mage jobs however, still deal with blinking, especially jobs that have no reason to keep their weapons equipped for the purposes of mykyr and occult acumen or also Idris GEO. This includes then all mages but BLM, SCH and GEO. WHM, RDM, SMN, even sometimes BRD all have situations where changing their main hand weapons and weapon type is often very advantageous and do it often. WHM is the best example, using a staff usually for healing and a club usually for status removal. The problem of blinking is mostly solved, but there should be some sort of option in lockstyle to either delay for a set period of time (usually like 10 to 20 seconds is more than enough) or simply disable reloading on weapon type change. I realize this could come with other issues, but say the whm got hate, and you are using a <st> cure macro to heal them and they blink... if you healed them they lived but instead they died becuase they blinked in trying to heal themselves. There are ways around it, by making macros that do not depend on targeting, however targeting is a very useful and used feature and not being able to use it sometimes leads to unexpected player death and it is still a quality of life issue. There are also even tanks who do not like to use lockstyle, and constantly blink. These tanks often don't end up popular players but even as great as lockstyle is, it has short comings. The best solution would be one that even if a model or resource is reloaded, targeting is not affected at all. Decoupling display from targeting might not be entirely easy but would be the best solution.

Thank you for your time and wonderful game, I hope some of these quality of life improvements of long standing game issues can reach developer ears and at some point have a fix for them as they are the most persistent and long standing points of frustration I have had with ffxi over the many years.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    This isn't brought up nearly enough and has been an extremely long standing issue: Please fix missed Linkshell and Tell messages on zoning. FFXI is a social game at it's core and communication is perhaps the most important aspect in the game period...
    I agree completely but--

hang on zone.

k

--I think it might be a deeply rooted design problem. At this point, it's probably not even on SE's radar and hate it, though we all do, it's an accepted part of the game's culture.

Animation Lock: If you are fighting on say THF and need to take out your weapons, there is an animation lock. If battle ends, and you are putting away your weapons, there is an animation lock. [...] This is the quality of life changes thread though and this would be a HUGE quality of life change.
    Agree again. It's also a huge detriment to freshly raised players that they cannot just get up and gtfo. They have to stand up and put away their weapons. As a tank, also, I find it frustrating that ws'ing takes away my ability to turn for a second.

My last long standing issue is blinking/reloading the resources of people. This was often fixed thanks to lockstyles, which have been a huge hit and everyone loves lockstyle. Mage jobs however, still deal with blinking, especially jobs that have no reason to keep their weapons equipped for the purposes of mykyr and occult acumen or also Idris GEO. This includes then all mages but BLM, SCH and GEO. WHM, RDM, SMN, even sometimes BRD all have situations where changing their main hand weapons and weapon type is often very advantageous and do it often.
    Actually, GEO is the best example. Even Idris GEOs keep their dunna because it's the only decent Handbell in the game and gives the -5% pet DT. I fulltime Dunna (I am not an Idris) except when I'm casting and then it's swapped out for a tathlum, or impatiens, or a few other pieces. The critical part that makes geo a great example is that the GEO re-rendering causes his bubbles to rerender, and the sound effect. So, shameless plug: Equipping non-weapon ranged and non-weapon ammo at the same time?

Had a guy in my ls ask a geo the other night "Do you even lockstyle?" not realizing that, unfortunately, a geo playing to their maximum potential renders lockstyle pretty much useless.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Had a guy in my ls ask a geo the other night "Do you even lockstyle?" not realizing that, unfortunately, a geo playing to their maximum potential renders lockstyle pretty much useless.
    I'd rather a GEO not play to their fullest potential then. As a healer there's not much I hate worse than players blinking and losing my target.
    (2)

Character
    Svens
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooj View Post
    I'd rather a GEO not play to their fullest potential then. As a healer there's not much I hate worse than players blinking and losing my target.
    Maybe you should play to the fullest potential of your job instead of dragging down others.
    (5)

Page 116 of 297 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 216 ... LastLast