Page 105 of 297 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2962
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eradius View Post
    Could Trust: August be made available by other means? Its incredibly difficult to garner peoples interest to do Sinister Reign, even shouting for hours I have never had a pt manage to hit a full 6/6 persons, we usually have to go with a healer trust or something.

I don't mind if its still difficult to obtain, it probably should be! But can there please be a way of obtaining it that is not outdated and people are willing to run? Maybe Ambuscade?
    Are you sure it's not just a case of your server being dead? I mean, as far I know some SR gears still pretty good.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    It's certainly not outdated. Taming Sari, Samnuha Tights, Founder's Hose (that 30% SID... yum), Dampening Tam, Vampirisms, Witching Robe, Leyline Gloves... that's a handful of items that, with a good augment, are all very useful for a variety of jobs.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Powder
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Yes please. I want him but haven't did that event.
    (1)

My blood type? oh! coffee of course!

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
    Yes please. I want him but haven't did that event.
    ...Might I suggest you go DO the event then? Last I heard it helps to actually participate in content that awards the items. I certainly don't want to see high-tier Reisenjima gear tossed out for free just because someone doesn't want to fight the NM.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    ...Might I suggest you go DO the event then? Last I heard it helps to actually participate in content that awards the items. I certainly don't want to see high-tier Reisenjima gear tossed out for free just because someone doesn't want to fight the NM.
    Why don't you want that? Does someone else having it that got it easier hurt you?

People already buy them from mercs....oh I think I know why now.
    (1)

While I'm not against August being more-freely available, Amchuchu is usually the better tank.

That said, Kensagaku and I, both being from Valefor, encounter each other from time to time. Years ago we used to be in the same ls, "Bloodstone". He's still there, I'm not. There's no reason for me not to be there other than I came back and I felt like all my lsmates grossly outgeared me and I chose to put in the effort to obtain some gear elsewhere, with people fighting content that was friendlier to my gear level. I still play with some of them from time to time.

Bloodstone, however, was like NA server-second (I have no idea about JP progress at the time) on Tojil and I think server-first on maybe shark? And you know what crazy crazy thing we elitists did? We gave Delve clears to anyone that helped us farm the beads, learn the strategies, etc.

I don't recall a single gil being involved in anyone winning with Bloodstone.

Anyway, this idea that gear should just be...freely available is nonsensical. I do wholeheartedly believe that entry level gear should be obtainable, and SE has done alright at making that happen (Perle, Teal, Aurore in abyssea / Sparks / Ambuscade). If everything is given away, what is there left to achieve.

The variety of campaigns seems to have made people expect that everything should be within grasp without effort. I've never seen an MMO go by that model (other than cash-shop games).
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Why don't you want that? Does someone else having it that got it easier hurt you?

People already buy them from mercs....oh I think I know why now.
    I don't mind someone getting it "easier." Through progression of the game's later years, it's only natural that some gear is going to be easier to get as abilities improve, as more common gear starts to close the gap, etc. If anything, that's just natural progression. What I dislike is for people to choose not to actively participate in content, yet they desire the rewards from it. It's purely lazy. If you want something, you work towards it. If not, you're asking for a spoiled sense of entitlement when you're not even willing to try.

Also I love your logic. "He doesn't like people getting it easier, therefore he's a merc." For the record, I've merc'd all of three times, and all three situations were Abyssea level grinds on my BLU back in the day. I certainly don't need to merc anything now, given how fast I can make gil selling RME items with my static during the campaign. But that's okay, keep telling yourself that everyone who wants to see effort equal reward as a merc. If that makes you happy and content that you're in the right when you're asking for free handouts, then by all means.
    (2)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I wouldn't mind having August for collection. Though my favorite paladin will always be Wolfgang... shame he wasn't added.
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Player
    It's strange that they would add a solo NPC to content you have to group for though.
    (0)

Character
    Rydal
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    They already make him available from the Mogbonanza rank 4 Ochre Mog Pell, which isn't a high rank. Altana Almighty, does no one want to do actual content anymore? SR is fun and it's not difficult to get a party for. There are other trusts that work fine or better in a lot of situations. Why not ask for something that promotes actual gameplay and incentives to do content for stuff you want rather than ask for the reward? Sinister Reign Campaign maybe? You get a random item dropped from one of the three bosses in addtion to the reward you get to pick, half price bayld entry and there are higher quality drops (better augments, more likely to drop trusts, double bayld reward).
    (0)

Page 105 of 297 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast