Thread: Server Merge

Character
    Vandark
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Server Merge

Hey everyone, this is actually my first time here on the XI forums although my character has been around since 2001 lol.

I hate to see how my servers population has decreased on a massive scale, it would be really nice to see the world flooding with action again.

I'm not happy about the direction Final Fantasy 14 has taken and I've made my return to 11, I think a server merge could really save this game in ways, how do the rest of you feel about this?

Just some added views on the situation I feel like it's a shame the game hasn't ever taken the free to play model, I think if possible XI as a free to play game could really revive it.
    (5)

Player
    I think the populations are fine, but I do think the playerbase has gotten a little bit lazier when it comes to networking. It makes a world with hundreds of active people currently online seem that much more small and quiet.

If you returned and started actively trying to network to do things, you'd get enough people who are too lazy to proactively do the same.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sfchakan; 01-12-2014 at 12:59 PM.

Character
    Vandark
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Well my server only really caps out at about 1.2k players max when before ARR was released it was capping out at about 3k +
    (0)

Player
    Well, more people on less worlds means more congestion. Sure, it sounds great for some things, but it really stinks for others. Imagine trying to farm Colorless Souls or do AA fights on a world where 2-3 times as many people are wanting to do the same?
    (2)

Character
    Doctorweird
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    Then fix those events. There's no reason why the game should continue to suffer because of congestion in some old content.
    (1)

Player
    Again, the issue isn't the population, but the playerbase. You can make this magical assumption that things will be perfect with 2-3 times as many people online. They won't if you continue to sit back and complain instead of proactively playing the game.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Also I'm curious what this "direction" FFXIV has taken you're not liking. A lot of people complain about the lockouts and such but XI has had once a day / once per 3 days / once a week lockouts for its entire existence. (I currently have active subs to both games)

Also agreed with post above. It's bad in some ways but the thinner population has also promoted greater camaraderie amongst the community. I've actually had an easier time getting help more recently than a year ago, oddly enough.
    (0)

Player
    I, for one, enjoy being part of a server community and not a mass of anonymous players. This is something that not as many MMOs can provide these days...
    (1)

Character
    Vandark
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Also I'm curious what this "direction" FFXIV has taken you're not liking. A lot of people complain about the lockouts and such but XI has had once a day / once per 3 days / once a week lockouts for its entire existence. (I currently have active subs to both games)

Also agreed with post above. It's bad in some ways but the thinner population has also promoted greater camaraderie amongst the community. I've actually had an easier time getting help more recently than a year ago, oddly enough.
    14 went from being a game closer to XI than it is currently to a game that has become basicly a WoW clone, to me it's like Sfchakan said ARR is a whole bunch of anonymous players all standing around playing the game solo queing in for dungeons. I'm not into that, I'm more into group play and working as a team like XI had, XI used to be better...

Anyways, the world sure could use another merge IMO because right now there just isn't enough going on.
    (7)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    14 went from being a game closer to XI than it is currently to a game that has become basicly a WoW clone,
    IMO, XIV is largely its own thing, not like either XI or WoW. You say "wow clone" in a derogatory context, but the fact is, while there are some things many people don't like about it, there are things it did do well, and those things are why it was so successful.

Sfchakan said ARR is a whole bunch of anonymous players all standing around playing the game solo queing in for dungeons.
    This really isn't true at all. While it is an option, I pre-form all my parties, I rarely ever use the duty finder. Too many people around here just take people at their word and form opinions without even trying it. The hardest endgame content also doesn't use the duty finder at all (and the rest of the endgame content that does, people don't use the duty finder unless they like losing).

Anyways, the world sure could use another merge IMO because right now there just isn't enough going on.
    I guess I wouldn't fight a server merge, but I'm not particularly discontented with the current situation. I think it has led to people being more helpful than in the past.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast