Internet Connection Speed: no idea
    Date & Time: nearly every morning 10am EST
    Frequency: nearly every day for a few weeks at least
    Character Name: Mitruya
    Race: Mithra
    World: Valefor
    Main Job: PUP
    Support Job: DNC
    Area and Coordinates: usually inside Mog House, or in West Adoulin, or in Bastok
    Party or Solo: solo
    NPC Name: N/A
    Monster Name: N/A
    Steps:
    1. I usually log in before, around, or after 10am EST.
    2. Look for Records of Eminence time challenge in my current objectives list. I used to get the ROE time challenge at 10am when the content was first added but now I don't.
    3. Ask linkshell members if they have one. They have it, I don't.
    4. Try zoning out of Mog House, out of town, etc. Nothing shows up.
    5. Today I tried logging in at 9:30am EST and stood at the Auction House in Bastok Mines, thinking either I had been logging in too late and/or that I needed to be outside the Mog House.
    6. I still don't have the time challenge in my list. I have to wait until 3pm EST for the next challenge. So I only get one a day instead of the two chances I would normally get during my playtime.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    eastern time its 3pm 10pm 6am. And i know some people dont like to do this but if u just stay logged on like in your moghouse or anywhere that isnt the feretory you will get flagged for whatever limited timed quest was last.
    (0)

Hm. Okay. My playtime is pretty regular (and I never stay logged in overnight), and I distinctly remember getting two ROE challenges a day when this first started. Also I try not to log out in the Feretory or in Monstrosity if I can help it.
    When I ask the linkshell about it, they have one and I don't. But I don't know how long they have been logged in for.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mitruya; 01-10-2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: rewrite

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    you can get them as a monster, just for some reason they dont click on til u zone out of feretory if ur in there when they pop up. unless u dont zone out til after the 2 hours is up.
    (0)

Thanks, Trumpy.
    As an update, I got a challenge today when I logged in at 10:01am EST. Go figure LOL
    It's just really inconsistent. Not only that, but if one does show up, it's not the same as what others have. Is it zone dependent?
    Today I was in the Port Jeuno Mog House when I logged in and got Vanquish Plantoids. A linkshell member is out in original zones, and she has Vanquish Vermin.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    ok assuming your clocks arent off 2 hours at the least here might be what i think is happening. i also have vanquish vermin. the times eastern (thats where i am too) are 3pm 10pm 6 am. I have no idea what the last few quests have been cause i havent actually been doin them the last few days but I think you got either the 3pm or 10pm quests last night. you probably finished them within the 2 hour limited time. since it was within the 2 hour time, it repeated. you either repeated it a couple to a few times but the last one u did was within that 2 hour period. so it was still in your quest log. They stay in your quest log until you do them outside of the 2 hour period or you get a different one at a new limited time period. you logged out. You logged back in at 10 am which according to my guesstimates is after JP midnight. a quest in your log will reset to not having finished it at jp midnight. Anytime you have a limited time quest in your log and you log on you get the challenge accepted message on your screen (as a reminder). but notice it doesnt say you got it in your chatlog like it would if you were logged in while it started.

So long story short you have an old quest gettin reset by JP midnight, but you thought you were gettin new one because of the "challenge accepted" message you get whenever you log on with one in your quest log. you can try it out when you have one in your log just log out and in each time you should see the graphic for gettin the quest.

you can also log on at 6 am get the quest do it once. wait til after jp midnight but before 3pm and do the same one again for a voucher. but if that one pops back up at 10pm you will get the quest but it wont give you a voucher since you already done it once in that jp midnight period (from jp midnight to jp midnight), as in you did it after jp midnight but before 3pm that same day. you can tell if it will give you a voucher by the ball icon in front of the quest in your current objective list. it will be a bigger ball if it gives a voucher. get it?
    (0)

Ah yes I was starting to suspect as much. I did notice that I was getting a repeat of whatever last one I had.
    Okay so maybe not a bug after all then.
    Thanks again!
    (0)